blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:41:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  A3+NB Monte Carlo DTD Staking opportunity - SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A3+NB Monte Carlo DTD Staking opportunity - SOLD OUT  (Read 7034 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 09:28:26 PM »

Shipping stars, confirm!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 03:06:47 AM »

Shipping stars, confirm!

Currently having a weird moment..

Sat with a ridiculous group of people.

David l'honore,
Daniel Cardno
Gash someone Cheesy
Adam Reynolds
Oscar Bergman
Patrick Leonard
Jamie Sykes
Tom x
Adam Picken

Seriously wtf...

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 09:25:39 AM »

Wide awake a little early, but looking forward to today.  Hoping we get a decent table draw and that I can convert this mega long clock into something fun and lasting.

Day two with 80k....? take that right now.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 05:09:13 PM »

Done very little all day, made one small move in level 3 and then made top pair, but got lead into on

K34A9

folded and was shown 56... Sigh.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 05:11:15 PM »

Its been tough to win chips with 93o a lot..

Now have Cody on my right, gl me.

10700 @ 150/300

Looking for decent spots....

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 07:37:28 PM »

Found some good hands and got a few preflop calls only..

Then found JJ in bb vs Ep open and two calls, made a Jam with 16k @ 2/400.. Clearly bad but tbh really thought I would get peels if I made it 32-3600 and obv no visibility vs the 3 on Qxx for example.
Figured I only get called by QQ+, AQ+ from UTG guy, same by Dobson but that the 3rd guy could hero a wider range with the potsize, sometimes.
won the pot pre and up to 19500

then lost a preflop raise and min3bt call with AQ vs AA. Tanked the call pre because this guy is seriously nutted but 1100 into 3.5k with an A and a Q was too good a price.
Wasn't stacking off on Qxx either, maybe that makes it bad.

Bust with 66 vs aiotf when I check jam BB vs Ben Dobson and another guy, Ben has the draw and instantly served a .

Glad they went to a mate, but shame to run into a part of his range that can call there.

Didn't win this one, thanks for the investment... I'll try to think about any more hands but effectively I was card dead all day and barely played any postflop poker.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 01:25:53 AM »

Come on John you did half of your stack in one hand. I think it's probably right you document it if you are going to write your biggest hands of the day. Obviously you don't mean it in a bad way though not trying to call you out or anything mate.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 06:41:18 PM »

Come on John you did half of your stack in one hand. I think it's probably right you document it if you are going to write your biggest hands of the day. Obviously you don't mean it in a bad way though not trying to call you out or anything mate.

Absolutely will document it, my phone however is a little poor on lasting battery wise atm so wwas dead for most of yesterday.

Posting decent hh's from my phone is a pain in my ass, however ill try and get it out.

The one 'bluff'/ blowup/ read is as follows..

We have this young guy on our left, who was playing really fof.  Id been paying attention to him as I wanted to have a good idea of where or what he was like in pots.  Our direct left was an older rather splashy guy who recently had a big result and is playing his first big comp.
So while watching the young guy in pots id noticed and seen evidence to back up my reads on him.  I was happy he had some bet sizing tells that seemed reliable.
He was always betting 60%+ with all value hands and seemed to bet in the same way.

He had started moving and shaking a lot more in recent orbits and his frequencies were a little high, I thought it meant he would be wider than normal when opening and I had given up my bb really easily, a lot.  I tried to make sure this didn't level me but also felt peeling bb here when he opens for 700 @150/300/25 and gets called in 2 spots that I can peel wider than I normally would here.
I find 67hh in the bb and call.

I check, obv planning to give up then he bets 700 into the pot and everything about it seems weak.
The other two have folded and i realise that with his 'weakness' tell and this board texture that I should be able to check call and check raise turn (he had been barrelling every hand) with a large degree of success.
I also pickup a backdoor equity on any 3-9 or heart.

So I check, call 700.

TURN

We pickup our equity and check, he then checks back (confirming my read on his hand being weaker) only just realised while I write this that the reason for the bluff is that he barrelled too much and this check maybe could've set a small bell ringing in my head.

Anyways, he checks back and we see a 5th shared card.

RIVER
Two Clubs
(or similar brick)

I decide to go for a cheap bluff of 1400 into the 4k ish pot.

He then quickly makes it 3100 and I still feel he is weak, I take a little time, Hollywood my 7 high, and make it 10k.
(in retrospect this is too big, but at the time I didn't want him heroing me with JJ or something funky.

He snap shoves and reads or not, I can't call off with 7 high, we quickly fold.
If he found the gusto to bluff shove then its a sick move, but im 98% sure he had QQ.

So there's my 'bluff'.

Just went with a read....
Sad

gouty

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »

Leading with quads is defo next level thinking.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 10:45:23 PM »

'We pick up our equity' gold.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 07:13:14 AM »

Lol what do you think of the hand? And why?

Ever gone with a read in a spot like this?

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »

Lol what do you think of the hand? And why?

Ever gone with a read in a spot like this?

The above was patrick. I personally think you made the correct fold with the 7 high Wink Imo he has 99.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: