blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:10:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272827 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  OMG Online Poker is rigged!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OMG Online Poker is rigged!  (Read 30420 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2013, 10:12:35 AM »

Well you seem like a genuine, helpful and patient person

Genuine, definitely.

Helpful to my friends and good people.

Patient, erm, not always.

I wouldn't trust any man that lived in Thailand so the description suits you well Smiley

Showing your true colours here Mr Bigot.

A dude my dad used to work with was a Greek Cypriot, his first name and surname were the same lol dervish dervish he was called.

I don't know your dad or the guy he used to work with but I DO know you're pretty stupid because Mr Dervish Dervish was Turkish Cypriot.

The last two statements kinda show why you not only lose at poker, but think it's rigged. Some people just lack intelligence. I wish you good luck and don't hold your stupidity against you.

Dump your burd, and come back and marry me costa costa x

Now that Mitch has dumped me for the rudest person on facebook im all yours Smiley

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2013, 10:44:33 AM »

Only ever read 3 books sulphurman, this being one of them.  Ive logged in a few times and the screen has just been a pic of that book so I think someone on the admin team is suggesting the same thing lol It's not the bad beats, mate. It's the thought of it being unfair thats the annoying thing.
Quite enjoyed Kill Everyone aswel.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Sausage

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »

Only ever read 3 books sulphurman, this being one of them.  Ive logged in a few times and the screen has just been a pic of that book so I think someone on the admin team is suggesting the same thing lol It's not the bad beats, mate. It's the thought of it being unfair thats the annoying thing.
Quite enjoyed Kill Everyone aswel.

Think the full content of them three books could be tought by Ali mallu very quickly. Play like a maniac and just don't give a hoot lol

Greek stain I'm guessing you also thought I was being serious with the decimals when scoring sites for riggness? Maybe I should have put 'joke' next to some of my lines to help you up tight folk. I have no time for pretentious people who take things too serious and have little sense of humour but I do apologise if I offended you with the Thailand line, that wasn't intentional.

If there are so many accusations and negative theories against these sites, you'd think they'd spend time and money in showing how their sites work and counter act all these theories with evidence that they are squeaky clean to keep the numpties like me feeding them with money. Maybe they have done and I'm yet to come across it, if there's plenty of stuff out there would someone kindly point me in the right direction.

It looks like not much more can be said on the matter and while it feels like you're getting tired of explaining things, I'm beginning to question your reasons for defending it all so well with it being your income and employment for your friends, but ill gave you the benefit of the doubt and thank you for the time you've taken to help me, much appreciated Smiley
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:04:02 PM by Sausage » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2013, 02:43:37 PM »

Sausage, when you go to the petrol station to fill up your car with petrol, you're probably fairly confident that when it says you've put 45.68 litres into your tank - that you have in fact put 45.68 litres of fuel into your tank.

How can you be confident about this?  Well, the pumps are monitored and regulated by third-parties to ensure they're accurate and correct.  Also, the 'quality' of the fuel is tested and verified by independent third-parties.  So this means, even if you're paranoid about the fuel companies ripping you off by dispensing 990ml instead of 1000ml when it says a litre on the pump, you need not be.  In fact, if a company did try an rip you off in this way, imagine the fall-out if they were caught (which they would inevitably be).

The same goes for the RNG on poker sites.  They are regulated and checked, and companies like ipoker and PokerStars make enough money doing things 'honestly' - so why would they risk their whole business trying to bleed a few more percentages of profit through cheating?

Can you show any serious evidence to show that online poker is rigged?  You haven't shown anything yet, and you seem to be misunderstanding probability and randomness.  If I tossed a coin and you chose tails, and it landed heads 7-times in a row - would that mean the coin is rigged, or could it be that you've just been on an unlucky run?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2013, 02:53:40 PM »

I have a rigged coin available for inspection. It comes down heads 100% of the time. I also know a bloke who can toss a coin in such a way as to impart a ~70% bias one way or the other.

RNG's are much safer than tossing a coin.

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2013, 02:56:40 PM »

I'm pretty sure petrol stations are rigged. When you approach £20 you slow right down and stop at £19.98 then just one tap of the nozzle and suddenly £20.02. How many times can people stop bang on? Always over, so rigged imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2013, 02:59:02 PM »

I have a rigged coin available for inspection. It comes down heads 100% of the time. I also know a bloke who can toss a coin in such a way as to impart a ~70% bias one way or the other.

RNG's are much safer than tossing a coin.

Yeah, but I can't do that - so me tossing a coin is going to be fair Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Sausage

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »

The point about sites being up to shady things, though, is totally true, a while back it came out that ipoker had put "bots" into cash games to start games, these bots would play a theoretically optimal style of poker and there purpose being to run more games, generate more rake and skim a little bit of money out of the games as well - this is obviously illegal and totallly OOL, cheating, if you were.

companies like ipoker and PokerStars make enough money doing things 'honestly' - so why would they risk their whole business trying to bleed a few more percentages of profit through cheating?

I'm getting cofused here, what am I missing?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:28:11 PM by Sausage » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »

Sausage, when you go to the petrol station to fill up your car with petrol, you're probably fairly confident that when it says you've put 45.68 litres into your tank - that you have in fact put 45.68 litres of fuel into your tank.

How can you be confident about this?  Well, the pumps are monitored and regulated by third-parties to ensure they're accurate and correct.  Also, the 'quality' of the fuel is tested and verified by independent third-parties.  So this means, even if you're paranoid about the fuel companies ripping you off by dispensing 990ml instead of 1000ml when it says a litre on the pump, you need not be.  In fact, if a company did try an rip you off in this way, imagine the fall-out if they were caught (which they would inevitably be).

The same goes for the RNG on poker sites.  They are regulated and checked, and companies like ipoker and PokerStars make enough money doing things 'honestly' - so why would they risk their whole business trying to bleed a few more percentages of profit through cheating?

Can you show any serious evidence to show that online poker is rigged?  You haven't shown anything yet, and you seem to be misunderstanding probability and randomness.  If I tossed a coin and you chose tails, and it landed heads 7-times in a row - would that mean the coin is rigged, or could it be that you've just been on an unlucky run?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2013, 04:45:56 PM »

The point about sites being up to shady things, though, is totally true, a while back it came out that ipoker had put "bots" into cash games to start games, these bots would play a theoretically optimal style of poker and there purpose being to run more games, generate more rake and skim a little bit of money out of the games as well - this is obviously illegal and totallly OOL, cheating, if you were.

Why have you quoted Dave and then part of my post?  They're referring to different things you've said.  I was referring to the RNG and how the hands aren't 'rigged' to favour a particular player or outcome. 

What has that to do with bots?  No wonder you're confused...

Sausage

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2013, 06:29:13 PM »

companies like ipoker and PokerStars make enough money doing things 'honestly' - so why would they risk their whole business trying to bleed a few more percentages of profit through cheating?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2013, 07:31:44 PM »

Sausage, you're saying that the sites are RIGGED, and what I assume you're implying by this is that the sites are manipulating what card comes where and who is dealt what cards to alter the action and produce them more money, everyone ITT is saying that there is no way they'd get away with it in a market place so heavily monitored and regulated, that there isn't actually any obvious financial benefit to doing this, and that in the all the years/scandals/investigations that's ever gone on in online poker there has never been a case of this happening - basically it just sounds to me, or anyone else who's very experienced in online poker, that this is totally implausible.

Now the point from my post you're quoting is me offering some balance to your argument - you said that big companies that deal in big money always has fraudulence and shadiness somewhere near it - there has been cases in the past of sites doing dodgy things, but in elation to the billions and billions of hands that get played every year, and all the online companies there really is no more (and prolly much less) scandal in online gambling than other industries.

Either way though your point was that the cards are rigged, that's not what I said.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2013, 04:36:29 AM »

10 pages. Incredible.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2013, 06:22:18 AM »

In all 9000900009373737 poker is rigged threads on the entire Internet, nobody has, as yet, come up with a good reason as to why sites would rig decks to favour player A over player B.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »

Best of blonde imo
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: