blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  BUY ME SOME BEER AND I'LL GIVE YOU SOME PIE (DTD MC DAY 2)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BUY ME SOME BEER AND I'LL GIVE YOU SOME PIE (DTD MC DAY 2)  (Read 2280 times)
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2013, 06:10:27 PM »

After a very expensive but great 11 months dosing in Asia, I recently returned to the Uk, however the last 2 months in Asia i was just galavanting and blowings chunks of money so as you would expect I am no longer funded for my passion for beer Smiley

So buy me some beer and i'll give you a slice of my Monte Carlo pie

beers in DTD are around the £3.50 mark.....I'm skint but I can afford to put 50p towards each beer

I made day 2 via the online day1 with 93,306 which IMO will be very close to day2 average, so I value my stack at  around 10 beers per percentile, however I am prepared to pay 50p towards each beer....so 10 beers = 1% of my MC action with 50p per beer discount = £30/1%

I will make it clear I will not be using any beer vouchers before or during any pokerz, but making full use after bagging or busto

I am prepared to free up guzzle 150 beers (15%) with a maximum of 50 beers per staker and a minimum of 5 beers (150 should last me a week)

so
50 beers = £150 = 5%
20 beers = £60   = 2%
10 beers = £30   = 1%
5   beers = £15   =0.5%

Don't get to play much live, but DTD is a place I have done and run reasonably well at, winning 2 £100 events and a few cashes in the £300 monthly's on less than 20 visits (not sure exact number)

Cant find a database for my beer guzzling abilities, but do have a couple flag on herbiemob

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=b&n=67627

Value? No idea, I just wanna get smashed after the pokerz

payment by bank or DTD in person if I know you only

50 beers (5%) GiMac   (fb)
25 beers (2.5%) anon  (fb pm)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:55:38 PM by geordieneil » Logged
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »

Can't see an average stack being worth 3k vs a day 2 field tbh, ESP when I assume min cash is 2k and you probs need to final 27 for 3k?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:25:44 PM »

Can't see an average stack being worth 3k vs a day 2 field tbh, ESP when I assume min cash is 2k and you probs need to final 27 for 3k?

He has 3x starting stack. If breakeven player, won't be far off 3k at all.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
geordieneil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 06:29:13 PM »

Cheers for your opinion Guy, how would you calculate it?
Maybe my maths wrong, but £1100 event with 30k starting stack, which is highly likely to have added value with a small overlay looking at todays and the online numbers.

I valued it closer to £3500 considering about 1 in 2.5 people will at least min cash on day 2, giving a pretty decent sweat on something a lot bigger.

Opinions welcome, never seen a day 2 thread before to compare against
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:25 PM »

Well the Maths will obv depend on number paid, payouts and runners left.

Variables obv quality of players left, your style, your flipabiliy coefficient ;0)

Gl with it, hope you get drunk ;0)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:57:00 PM by outragous76 » Logged

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
geordieneil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 08:43:33 PM »

50 beers (5%) gone via FB to Gordon "GiMac" McArthur

100 beers left

geordieneil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 10:56:45 PM »

25 beers gone via fb pm (2.5%)

75 beers left
geordieneil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 02:34:31 PM »

Obviously priced this wrong, so decided to close the thread.

Interesting to have the maths genius' come up with the true value, speaking to a few pretty clever people and their opinions were very mixed

75 beers it is, do me for a weekend lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 01:16:57 AM »

I don't think it was priced terribly, would have been much more likely to buy if I didn't have to decipher all this beers stuff first.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 03:35:29 AM »

I don't think it was priced terribly, would have been much more likely to buy if I didn't have to decipher all this beers stuff first.

This. Had no idea what was going on but probably was priced fairly.

Is he still in?!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
geordieneil

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »

Is he still in?!

no, busto 83rd.

was doing cartwheels at the seat draw I had, with only 1 recognised player which I had position on.......then to get to the club, tried to sit in my seat to be told they've redrawn it....sighhh!!
  Much tougher table....yo-yoed to 30k low but grinded back up to a peak of 135k .......John Eames slapped me about in 2 pots (he got lucky in one, but I still got slapped).......then got moved to a six  players to the flop table........got them in in a standard squeeze spot (17bb) with AJ to be snap rshoved with AK......gg.

Still interested to know what it WAS really worth, but tough to calculate with so many variables.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 12:04:43 PM »

Is he still in?!

I think just going 93/30 x £1000 is as good a starting point as any.  I don't think the spread of payouts matters much.  From that you should be deducting something for variance and to give your backers a potential return.  Too many stakes are buying variance or worse here.  Then you can adjust for how good you are vs the day 2 field.  The remaining field looks pretty hot, certainly looks tougher than some £1ks.

As others has said, the beer thing is probably an error.  Too long to work out, and there is a possibly unintended implication I am staking someone who is going to be drinking a bit too much while playing.

So possibly a little bit cheaper and cut the beer references and I reckon it would have gone. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 12:18:38 PM »

Is he still in?!

I think just going 93/30 x £1000 is as good a starting point as any.  I don't think the spread of payouts matters much.  From that you should be deducting something for variance and to give your backers a potential return.  Too many stakes are buying variance or worse here.  Then you can adjust for how good you are vs the day 2 field.  The remaining field looks pretty hot, certainly looks tougher than some £1ks.

As others has said, the beer thing is probably an error.  Too long to work out, and there is a possibly unintended implication I am staking someone who is going to be drinking a bit too much while playing.

So possibly a little bit cheaper and cut the beer references and I reckon it would have gone. 

Well put.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: