blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 07:12:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272943 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  SCOOP 2013
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCOOP 2013  (Read 39895 times)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2013, 11:28:42 PM »

I have PMd Tom and replied to his two mails basically advising what the wise psoters have said here; update the thread periodically when a material payment or event happens only in the spirit of a community staking forum - that should keep those who want updates as "regular stakers" as appropriately happy; other wise PM stakers and be transparent.  

I've also advised him that nature of the beast his such he will get some public comments and there is nothing he can do to avoid this - only continue to communicate in the way he has started today and I am sure he knows that.

Currently consodering timing of my Vegas proposal Wink
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2013, 11:29:32 PM »

I can assure you I couldn't give a shit about any drama or scandal so it's definitely not everyone.

I just happen to think that when something starts publicly it should finish that way as well. I've staked Tom in the past and possibly would again if he sorts this out. If everything happens privately then I'll think there's something to hide and won't even think about it.

There was nothing private when Tom was asking for staking and there wouldn't have been anything private if everything went okay. If it becomes private now it's gone tits up it'll just make me wonder what he's got to hide and therefore make me remove him from any potential future list of those I trust.

Fwiw I've always had Tom down as one of the good guys and think he'll come through this okay in the end. I certainly hope so anyway.

Good luck sorting it Tom.

If all the private details were sorted in private and 6 months from now, all investors posted itt saying

"I've been paid back, it's all been handled well since the cock-up and we can now move forward and put this behind us"

Would that not suffice?

Why does anyone who's not invested need to know the specifics like who's getting paid first, what chunks, how often, what job he's got, how much he gets paid etc. It just invites flaming from people like xx, yy like itt already.

I just don't understand the "it started publicly, it should finish publicly" notion. Seems like nonsense. Why should it?

To be honest mate if I never hear another word about it it won't bother me in the slightest. All I'm saying is that from my point of view if I get to see a few updates I'll see that there's still potential for Tom in the future.

I'm not asking for full details just the odd update. "Have started paying back investors". "Have come to an agreement with backers". "Have got a job". "Am keeping everyone updated via PM"

Just general stuff like that will show me that if it happens again and I'm involved then at least I've not completely done my money as he clearly wants to pay people back when he makes a mistake.

If he keeps everything hidden then I'll know nothing about it so won't ever back him in the future.

It's no skin off my nose whatsoever but as a potential investor it's just something I'd like to see.

I know it's going to be difficult for Tom sorting this but it will show real character if he manages to.

Not many manage to sort these things and come out with their rep intact. Those who do have invariably not hidden away from anything.

A perfect example is Marc Wright who got staked, had a blow up and grafted hard to pay people back. Everything was out in the open and because of this he can still easily sell out any package he puts on here within minutes. You think that would be the case if when anybody quizzed him he just said "sorted it via PM, none of your business"?

Just my two cents worth. As I said it won't affect my life either way.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:33:12 PM by EvilPie » Logged

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2013, 11:56:38 PM »

Hate to say but MANTIS is kind of right here, Tom is getting an easier ride here because he has gd personal relationships with some big characters - tbh I actually think this is OK to a certain extent that someone who gives a lot to the community should be offered a bit more leniency when they fuck up, speshly for the first time.

HOWEVER.

In the interest of protecting the integrity of blonde forum + the staking board I think this situation SHOULD be dealt with openly, and very firmly. The full truth of the story needs to be disclosed, you should declare the amount you owe, and outline your plan to repay. Once it's been established that you've been totally honest, and that you are honouring your commitment to rectify the situation then, imo, people would happily forgive you.

SO, Tom send the full logs of the play and cashier history from the day and the week either side of the blow-up, have someone verify that your story is legit and move from there.

If there is any bending of the truth or mis-directions in your original post then admit now or it will come out and it will look very bad on you. This isn't the end of the world but it could be.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2013, 12:39:37 AM »

Hate to say but MANTIS is kind of right here, Tom is getting an easier ride here because he has gd personal relationships with some big characters - tbh I actually think this is OK to a certain extent that someone who gives a lot to the community should be offered a bit more leniency when they fuck up, speshly for the first time.

HOWEVER.

In the interest of protecting the integrity of blonde forum + the staking board I think this situation SHOULD be dealt with openly, and very firmly. The full truth of the story needs to be disclosed, you should declare the amount you owe, and outline your plan to repay. Once it's been established that you've been totally honest, and that you are honouring your commitment to rectify the situation then, imo, people would happily forgive you.

SO, Tom send the full logs of the play and cashier history from the day and the week either side of the blow-up, have someone verify that your story is legit and move from there.

If there is any bending of the truth or mis-directions in your original post then admit now or it will come out and it will look very bad on you. This isn't the end of the world but it could be.

Good post and definitely what should happen.

Ah! The element of surprise
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2013, 12:46:16 AM »

Sorry folks, prom night is cancelled.

Investors have all the info over PMs.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:20 AM »

Can somebody forward pm on btw.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2013, 01:39:46 AM »

Tbh, I don't understand why there is so much hate towards it being out in the open, and general put downs to certain ppl that have posted, that didn't buy, but are not sugar coating it up?

This incident has no relevance to my life whatsoever, I hope each and every one of you get paid back as quickly as possible, and I genuinely hope Tom can recover from this, as he is a good mtt player.

But this is just my opinion, and I believe this is an open forum and every one that is allowed to post can post within reason, their opinions on the matter.

I agree certain posts could be put better, but take Evilpie, and Lil'dave, they are saying near enough the same thing Mantis and Aaron are saying, yet no one is belittling them and calling them general busy bodies for stating their opinions.

If every one agreed with every one's opinions the world would have zero problems, and life would become boring and tiresome. I think every single person who has posted in this post has asked for Tom to comment on certain things within this thread, and he has yet to respond to any of it, hence the repetitive cycle that is being written.

I do think that in times like this, all forum members should put their childish differences aside and come together as a community.

Lil'Dave has it spot on imo, and I think he has been very fair on everything he has contributed to this thread.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2013, 02:22:19 AM »

Makes sense to argue with those furtherest from your opinion Dreenie, plus I'd already given Lildave my opinion.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2013, 02:59:38 AM »

Right, After speaking to Lil'D in private (me going to him not vice versa) I am posting this to be completely out in the open.

Yes I am under it, but this doesn't effect what has happened. SCOOP was a shot yes, but one worth taking imo. To say this was premeditated is just plain wrong. I value blonde and the community alot, I post here daily and speak to people from here off forum daily.

The only misdirection in my original post was that this was done over 2 days, on Thursday 2nd May when I went to see my father and tilted off $2.5k of investors/backers money in inexcusable fashion, the following day I paniced still not in control of my emotions in any way shape or form maybe in a worse state infact human nature and lost the other $2k, I also lost 500 on blackjack. I fucked up I cannot change that and the damage is done. I am taking responsibility for my actions, I'm not bothered about my reputation at the minute all I'm worried about is making sure the people who trusted me with their money as investors is get their money back. Which I have sent them PM's hopefully reassuring them this will happen. I know I will do the right thing, I cant put right the past all I can do is repair the wounds make sure I conduct myself in the neccessary way going forward and hope they heal in time.

I owe blonde poker as a community $3.5k~ all investors know the score and I will keep them all updated via PM's.

I am so sorry to every involved in this and will continue to keep in contact with you all on a regular basis with updates and I will get through this.

Here is the audit for the 2 days http://www7.pokerstars.com/reports/PV8GMFMI20130507215044.zip the password is blonde1, Im on phone internet at the minute and for some reason ftp cashier doesnt like phone internet so cant audit the $1500 off there at this time but I will do tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:53:50 AM by TL900 » Logged

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2013, 03:22:42 AM »

My backers are doing their best to try and help me sort all this out by offering me this deal :

[01:48:26] Alex Carr: We'd like to propose the following:

We stake you for up through $33 freezeouts and $11 rebuys -- 700 games minimum per month.  You pay back us and makeup first, then we'll continue this agreement with your 52.5% cut going to others you owe money.  We will send you $1200/mo for expenses, which will be doubled and added to makeup each month.

Zero cash, zero playing off stake, weekly audits.

We feel this is the best resolution in terms of getting everyone paid back.  Once repayment of everyone is complete, we'll reevaluate things.

Let us know your thoughts.

This is obviously an unbelievable deal for me and one I don't deserve. They have said they will happily confirm that this was offered and anyone is free to add them on skype for references or w/e.

I will continue to job search to help make the repayments quicker and will keep everyone involved updated with my progress

I will continue to stay off forum (only contact investors via PMs) and not post until this is sorted and I won't sell any action in the staking thread in the future as I feel it will may insult/offend some people.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2013, 04:32:20 AM »

Perfect, sounds exactly like a solid plan to repay all involved and in swift time.

Best get grinding mate.... Smiley

I'll be the first one taking pieces on your next stake mate, but want a webcam to watch the grind next time! Wink

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2013, 07:04:29 AM »

Two points

1) these issues are rare and pretty much always a shock, but a public debate and resolution helps the wider community to learn how to avoid or resolve such issues in future.

2) Tom, if you dig yourself out of this via the deal your backers have proposed why would you deny potential stakers on Blonde the opportunity to back you in future?

Good luck fella, you're one of the few young uns that seems to have a personality.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »

I agree certain posts could be put better, but take Evilpie, and Lil'dave, they are saying near enough the same thing Mantis and Aaron are saying, yet no one is belittling them and calling them general busy bodies for stating their opinions.

That's the difference though - "near enough the same thing" - it's the tone of their posts, rather than the actual things they are saying. They are saying sensible things yes, along the lines of what Matt and Dave are saying, but there is a malicious undertone to them, with snide digs and underhand remarks to make those points, which is why people are taking exception to it, and quite rightly so in my opinion.

Also, both Matt and Dave use the staking boards very regularly, and contribute very positively across the forum, whereas Mantis has never used the boards (at least not in the last few years to my knowledge) and Aaron very rarely does - and both have a reputation for stirring up arguments for the sake of it - so you can see why it looks to some people like they are just "blowing smoke" and here to kick Tom while he's down and stir up more trouble.

@Tom, your backers have offered you a seemingly amazingly generous deal there. Am I right in thinking that this deal gets them all their money back, plus the makeup you already have with them (neither amount has been disclosed yet afaik? Think it definitely should be, in private or public, up to you) PLUS $2400/month expenses by definition and only once that is cleared will you get some money for yourself / pay backers back? Have I understood this right? I wouldn't be surprised if they snap drop you once you're out of it for them by the way, and this could take many months though anyway...

Still, good progress, a way out for you and backers, and at least you have a decent chunk for life expenses too.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »

Good luck fella, you're one of the few young uns that seems to have a personality.

Yikes, imagine the uproar if a "young un" said the same about an "old un"

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »

Yikes, imagine the uproar if a "young un" said the same about an "old un"

Yeah pretty unnecessary dig. A lot of young guys that give a lot to this forum and have great personalities. Ok we aren't all Mr Interesting like you Mr3103

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: