blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Being a Lolpro for dummies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being a Lolpro for dummies.  (Read 48596 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 11:00:55 AM »

hi mate,

what's your biggest flaw, as a poker player?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »

hi mate,

Listens to advice from the wrong people.......Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 11:34:34 AM »

Hi Andy

Matt Bates from "next door"

Will be following the diary, where do you see yourself being pokerwise in a years time? Also, in a years time if you are asked what is the most exciting thing you have done, what will your answer be?

Matt
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 11:51:03 AM »

hi mate,

Listens to advice from the wrong people.......Wink

haha was gonna say Tongue

Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »

I've also got a free £5 bet on Zimbabwe to beat Bangladesh in the 2nd Test Match. Zimbabwe need 237 runs with 6 wickets remaining at the moment, so I'm not too optimistic, but fingers crossed.

I post this and two wickets fall within about 10 minutes. Standard.

That was really sad. We don't need to go into detail here - please - but as you know, an effort was made to avoid the upcoming car crash......live & learn, eh?

Anyway, very pleased you have found your way here, & good luck with the Diary.

I do actually enjoy commentating on your play, you make it easy for me, as you do, as far as I can tell, the "correct" things. It is not easy when dealing with Clients to say "look chap, you made a right pigs ear of that". They are Clients, & it is so easy to inadvertently piss them off, nothing is worse than being dissed in front of a TV audience, it is incredibly humiliating, so some careful choosing of words is necessary.

I doubt Tesco, or B & Q or whoever tell their Clients "stop, you are doing it all wrong".

Don't worry, I had no intention of going into any more detail than that Smiley Although sadly, it means I'm now ineligible for TSP. Sigh @ T&C's.

I've actually stopped playing the Master Cash tables recently, apart from the 20NL ones. I often found myself playing slightly outside of my BR because I wanted to be on telly - Not massively out of my bankroll, but just being indisciplined.

Obviously I don't mind being told if I play a hand terribly - Far better than the alternative which is making the same mistake and haemorrhaging money until I realise myself that I'm doing something wrong. But for the majority who care more about having fun than maximising their win rates, they probably care far more than I do about something like that.

hi mate,

Quite a lot of things to choose from, although the most expensive one that I'm aware of is deciding I'm going to bet/fold the river, then bet/calling when they raise me anyway because my hand looks pretty and I don't want to fold even though I know I should.

----

Will reply to page 2 posts later, haven't slept yet & my sleep pattern is screwed :') One day in my life equates to about 26 hours, for some reason. Am I the only one? Shocked
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 12:11:22 PM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »

Nice start.  Look forward to this one developing.  GL with it all.
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »

Very happy to see you start this on here Pengwin! Your last one was a very good read!

Best piece of poker advice?
Favourite well known poker player?

Gl at the tables!

Once a thing's been done, it's been done. So why all this nostalgia? I mean, for the 60s and 70s, you know, looking backwards for inspiration, copying the past. How's that rock 'n' roll? Do something of your own. Start something new. Live your life now.
- John Lennon
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 07:41:13 AM »

Hi Andy

Matt Bates from "next door"

Will be following the diary, where do you see yourself being pokerwise in a years time? Also, in a years time if you are asked what is the most exciting thing you have done, what will your answer be?

Matt

Hello - Didn't know you were on here :p

Where do I see myself in a year? Realistically, if I'm rolled for & winning at 100NL, and have a couple of Hendon Mob flags, I'd probably consider that a good 12 months.

As for the second part, I guess we'll find out in a year's time Smiley Hopefully moving out.

Very happy to see you start this on here Pengwin! Your last one was a very good read!

Best piece of poker advice?
Favourite well known poker player?

Gl at the tables!

Best piece of Poker advice - The opposite of whatever I said when I was interviewed by Sky Poker while drunk @ SPT 6max and someone asked me the same question. I can't remember what my answer actually was... Fortunately, I haven't seen that on the channel yet, so I'm praying that my interview never made it past the cutting room floor. I don't know for certain though, so even now it's still a bit of a sweat when I'm watching the live shows.

Enjoy the game, and don't feel obliged to play just because playing might be +EV for you. If you don't feel like playing, don't play.

Favourite well known player - Neil Channing. Was gutted for him when he missed out on the bracelet HU last year, after staying up all night watching the stream.
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 07:56:57 AM »

Monday update:

Woke up at 9pm and had to do online shopping (sigh), so hardly played. Had a couple of Sky's "Double Your Money" Sit 'n' Go's (Same as Double or Nothings on other sites, just a slightly different name) running at the same time, as it's so easy to leave them to one side and not have to do anything until the bubble. Ended up with £13.50 profit.

Yesterday: +£13.50
Sky Poker Points this month: 4,928/5,000 = £78.85

Only 96 people seated on Sky Poker atm, so just waiting for people to wake up and logging in, so I can get some games running and knock off the last 72 Poker Points needed for £90 - Would be a waste to not play for an hour and miss out on £11 or so.
Katais

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »

Monday update:

Woke up at 9pm and had to do online shopping (sigh), so hardly played. Had a couple of Sky's "Double Your Money" Sit 'n' Go's (Same as Double or Nothings on other sites, just a slightly different name) running at the same time, as it's so easy to leave them to one side and not have to do anything until the bubble. Ended up with £13.50 profit.

Yesterday: +£13.50
Sky Poker Points this month: 4,928/5,000 = £78.85

Only 96 people seated on Sky Poker atm, so just waiting for people to wake up and logging in, so I can get some games running and knock off the last 72 Poker Points needed for £90 - Would be a waste to not play for an hour and miss out on £11 or so.

Is this Lambert posting under your name?   

GL w/ the diary. Hope you fly through 30nl so you can stop stacking me 3x per session. 
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 09:10:37 AM »

Enjoy the game, and don't feel obliged to play just because playing might be +EV for you. If you don't feel like playing, don't play.

Interesting point for discussion here.  This is all well and good for most recreational players, but what about when you are trying to grind a living?  What if you don't feel like playing all week?  What if you need to play to hit a rakeback bonus, or win a leaderboard, or just to maintain an hourly?

I often don't feel like going to work, but then I don't get paid if I don't.

The Mental Game of Poker touches on this.  It talks about how playing your B game can still be profitable.

What are other people's thoughts and yours of course?
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »

Interesting point for discussion here.  This is all well and good for most recreational players, but what about when you are trying to grind a living?  What if you don't feel like playing all week?  What if you need to play to hit a rakeback bonus, or win a leaderboard, or just to maintain an hourly?

I often don't feel like going to work, but then I don't get paid if I don't.

The Mental Game of Poker touches on this.  It talks about how playing your B game can still be profitable.

What are other people's thoughts and yours of course?

When I've done this in the past, I found myself playing my C-game a lot. If we're playing profitably (but not our A-game), then yes, I agree it's probably good short term to still be playing.

Is it good long term though, as surely playing when we don't want to is going to mean we start enjoying the game less? And that can never be a good thing.

Interesting point about winning a leaderboard - I would still play even if I didn't feel like playing because it's too lucrative to do anything else. But if there's nothing to play for apart from trying to make a buyin or two in that single session, I just don't see what can be gained from playing when we can't be bothered.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:43:26 PM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »

Has your enjoyment of poker changed over time?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 04:14:49 PM »

Has your enjoyment of poker changed over time?

Not really, although I enjoy different things to what I enjoyed 18 months ago.

-----

Tuesday, 30th April.

Got the 75 Poker Points to take my Poker Points total over 5k, although I lost £62.50 getting the extra £11 because I couldn't win a flip or an 80/20 to save my life. C'est la vie. Also withdrew next month's £££.

Will do the first proper diary post tomorrow.

Today: -£62.50
Sky Poker Points this month: 5,003/5,000 = £90.05
GreekWay

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 10:00:38 PM »

So glad to see a good player get a space in the world of internet.

All the best mate and I can guarantee everyone that this diary will be a good read.

Question for you: With whom did you stay in the first live tournament you have attended?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: