blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter WSOP, mixed game package (possible replacment MTT, pls read)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter WSOP, mixed game package (possible replacment MTT, pls read)  (Read 15274 times)
sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 08:02:40 AM »

Good Luck Stuart....

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »

According to Pokernews Stu is 2nd in chips in day 2 of the razz. gogogogogoooooooo!

ooooooh, really hoping the chip stacks are right for once and we have a sweat.  Feels a bit dirty celebrating success in Razz, much like celebrating the success of one of those promotion price horses at Ascot. 
Whats wrong with Razz?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »

Rutter Crippled, But Surviving
Posted 5 minutes ago mnuwwarah • Level 18: 5,000-10,000, 1,000 ante SHARE
Stuart Rutter fired fourth, fifth and sixth against Randy Ohel, who called him down after he initially had the lead to begin the pot.

Ohel:
Rutter:

Rutter checked seventh, and Ohel bet. Rutter seemed resigned as he called. Ohel showed  for a six-low, and Rutter mucked.

He went all in a short time later with his last ante but made a wheel. Another all in shortly thereafter yielded another wheel, and Rutter is still alive, though he's certainly still in critical condition.

Randy Ohel         255,000   
Stuart Rutter         13,000   -37,000
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2013, 10:13:09 AM »

Angry

spinnnnn

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2013, 10:22:44 AM »

Just gone in 16th.  Cry Unlucky but well played going so deep...
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2013, 10:26:50 AM »

According to Pokernews Stu is 2nd in chips in day 2 of the razz. gogogogogoooooooo!

ooooooh, really hoping the chip stacks are right for once and we have a sweat.  Feels a bit dirty celebrating success in Razz, much like celebrating the success of one of those promotion price horses at Ascot. 
Whats wrong with Razz?

Played it for a short while, before concluding it was the most tilting game in Poker.  Just reading those two hands against Ohel is enough to send me on tilt and I am not even there.  Always dread that round when I play HORSE too.

Unlucky Stuart.  Will try and say hello next week.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »

Hey guys, really sorry for the lack of updates, literally have either been playing poker or sleeping every minute of the last few days, it seems.

So, today was day 1 of the $5k limit holdem, and we finished with 12,600 (15k starting). It was a shame, I had 27,000 about 30 minutes from time, and lost QQ to KK in a 3bet pre pot, and AK to AJ in a 4bet 3-way pot.

So, we have two cashes so far- 54th in the $1,500 for $4,030 and 16th in the razz for $6,950. So, total value of package at the moment is $10,980.

The razz was looking great for a while, we had 136,000 with about 18 left (average 107k), but then lost every pot in a horrible hour. I was actually down to 1k (one ante) and comically made a wheel two all-in hands in a row, but the recovery stopped there.

There was one pot that I will never forget, and have mulled over long and hard since. I've talked about it with Matt Ashton a lot, and we're still not sure, but it was horrible anyway.

On 6th, the boards are j743, AA22, and mine is (a2)6tqq. The J743 bets and we both call. I brick 7th, and have just a queen, the J743 checks and the AA22 bets. Obviously I sense now that I have a small chance of winning the pot with the second best hand, by calling and hoping the J743 has previously paired, missed the river, and decides to fold. This along with the AA22 pulling a daring bluff seemed a tough parlay, but I just had a sense, a bit of a physical tell, that he was bluffing. It was 6k to win 56k, and I thought hard, but decided it was too unlikely to get through the third player too. Had I not been board locked to a ten, I would have bluff raised. I passed, the J743 thought for ages and also passed, and the AA22 player triumphantly showed aces full. I don't know whether my fold was a mistake or not, but it's a tough one to take in hindsight.

In the PLO8, I had what felt like a real shot too, as I had 92k with 60 left when the average was 56k, but we ran out of luck and lost three all-ins.

Current value of package: $10,980
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »

Really interesting TRs Stu, thanks.

Good work so far and hope you can get that bit of extra luck near the end and FT one of these things.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2013, 12:58:12 AM »

OUT of the $5k limit holdem tourney in about 70th. Definitely the least exciting tourney of the package, but gutted, can't get any luck going in the bigger buy-ins.

Went back with 12.6k, won QJ vs A9 on q93tt, bets on every street, then won a couple of smaller pots to reach a height of 22.5k. At 800/1600, Squeaky raised UTG+1, Froelich 3bet UTG+3, I had queens and cold 4bet the HJ, Squeaky folded, EFro 5-bet capped. That wasn't good news, felt like his range was JJ or QQ + and AK. I could get away on the turn on AK completing boards, but was committed as it ran out t4323. He bet every street, I called, and he had aces.

Raised A2ss HJ at 800-1600, player on the button 3bet, I called. Flop was ts9s6x to give me NFD, I check raised, he called. Turn was ts9s6xkx. King was the nut low card as it filled the only hands I had been ahead of on the flop (2 picture cards). I bet, he raised all-in. He had KQ and I bricked.

Down to 6.2k, lady raises HJ, I 3bet button to 2k with tens, she calls. That feels like good news. Flop K96, I bet she calls. Should be better news. I check turn behind to trap for last bet, board runs out K9643. She leads river for 2k,I move in for 2.2k, she calls with jacks.

Shame. Going to EDC tonight and day off tomorrow, and the next is possibly the most exciting of the lot, it's the $10k deuce to seven no limit on Sunday. (on half action)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2013, 01:04:10 AM »

Who's on at EDC tonight?

Unbelievable lineup over the weekend. They're doing a smaller version at the Olympic Village in July I think, BTW.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2013, 12:35:16 AM »

$10k deuce to seven at 5pm today (on half action), really pumped, let's gooo
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2013, 01:01:36 AM »

Oi oi - this is where the golden 2% comes into play. Glgl. How was EDC?
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2013, 01:32:09 PM »

Through to day two with 65,600, going to sleep. Went really well, full report coming soon, pumped for day two
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2013, 01:36:25 AM »

OUT of the $10k deuce to seven lowball in the 11th level. Really gutted about this one, it felt like a big shot. The only consolation is that I don't think there is much I would have done differently over the two days.

I went back with 65,600 today, which was feeling really good, but luck just turned against me completely, only won one positive pot. These were the main spots that went against me, and my thoughts:

1) Second hand of the day, I open the button with pat 107642 with Bakes and Nick Schulman in the blinds, to 3k at 500/1k (300). Nick Schulman, who is playing circa 52k, 3bets to 8.5k. I feel my hand is really strong against his range, and think about 3betting or moving in, but it's so ugly in deuce to get that deep with a hand like 107 pat, as you are effectively turning it into a bluff, and will get action from a range of hands which has you mainly dead if you pat. So, I decided I had to call, and allow him to see his probable draw. He did indeed draw one, and fairly quickly bet 15k into 19.6k. Obviously it was bad news that he bet. However, there are two issues arising from the fact that I have had to underrep my hand before the draw, and that he is good enough to know that he is going to be betting into a pat jack 75% + of the time. Firstly, given I should have a weak range, he will be more likely to bluff as he will feel he can put some pressure on it. Secondly, I feel he is good enough that there is a reasonable slice of his value betting range that I can beat. If he might well bet any ten he has made, then I beat at least 20% of his value betting range. So, I called, and he spread 87652 across the table. It was a bad start, but I felt a pot that played itself given the underrepping spot.

2) I Raise David Baker's big blind at 600/1200 (300), to 3600 and he defends. I have 932kq (so drawing two). He draws one, so is probably drawing rough, and I make K9432. He bets 6500 into 9,900. My hand is a bluff catcher, but I'm sure he's good enough to know the maths of the game, and know that I am a favourite to make a pair. Therefore, he is definitely going to bluff with all his pairs above . The big question is how his value range is compared to his range with which he decides to check and bluff catch. I feel that the former is thin because he is drawing rough, and the latter is wide because he is drawing rough, and because he may think that I don't fully realise how thin I rep when I bet a 2draw into a 1draw, and that therefore he may be happy to bluff catch wide. So, with a reasonably thin value range and reasonably wide bluff range, I felt I had to call. He shows t9832.

3) I am down to 13k at 600-1200 (300), and it folds round to me in the small, where I have (pat) qj432. I move in, Jesse Martin is in the big having recently accrued a big stack. He calls after a while, and draws to 742. I feel this is a really bad call, and he has given himself way too much leeway from the fact his stack means he can "afford to gamble." I am still a 73% ish favourite against his 2 card draw even with my nut low pat hand. We sweat two, and he flips over an 8 and then a 6 for a nasty semi-beat.

Real shame about this one guys, it would have been sweet to go deep.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2013, 01:37:54 AM »

Next event is Tuesday's $3000 PLO hi-lo, which should be a great event, based on the field for the $1500 PLO8.

@Tal@Claypole EDC was amazing. Took it easy, but felt I couldn't miss it given all my favourite DJs were all in the same place. Scale of it is just insane, great to see Avicii, BingoPlayers, Afrojack, etc all in the same place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: