blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The geekiest gag I've ever laughed at
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The geekiest gag I've ever laughed at  (Read 5835 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »

An engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician find themselves in an anecdote, indeed an anecdote quite similar to many that you have no doubt already heard. After some observations and rough calculations the engineer realizes the situation and starts laughing. A few minutes later the physicist understands too and chuckles to himself happily, as he now has enough experimental evidence to publish a paper. This leaves the mathematician somewhat perplexed, as he had observed right away that he was the subject of an anecdote and deduced quite rapidly the presence of humour from similar anecdotes, but considers this anecdote to be too trivial a corollary to be significant, let alone funny

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »

An engineer, a physicist and a mathematician are driving through the high country in Scotland. Atop a hill, they see a black sheep.

The engineer says: "All sheep are black!" The physicist says: "No, no, some sheep are black." The mathematician: "At least one sheep is black on at least one side."

- I really need to stop perusing the internet.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »

Einstein, Newton and Pascal decide to play hide and seek. Einstein is it, closes his eyes, counts to 10 then opens them.

Pascal is no where to be seen.

Newton is sitting right in front of Einstein, with a piece of chalk in his hand. He’s sitting in a box drawn on the ground, a meter to a side.

Einstein says “Newton, you’re terrible, I’ve found you!”

Newton says “No no, Einstein. You’ve found one Newton per square meter. You’ve found Pascal!”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 11:20:24 PM »

Ha!

Thread has potential!

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 11:24:47 PM »

Perhaps not, geeky jokes are quite a niche market!!!

There is this farmer who is having problems with his chickens. All of the sudden, they are all getting very sick and he doesn’t know what is wrong with them. After trying all conventional means, he calls a biologist, a chemist, and a physicist to see if they can figure out what is wrong. So the biologist looks at the chickens, examines them a bit, and says he has no clue what could be wrong with them. Then the chemist takes some tests and makes some measurements, but he can’t come to any conclusions either. So the physicist tries. He stands there and looks at the chickens for a long time without touching them or anything. Then all of the sudden he starts scribbling away in a notebook. Finally, after several gruesome calculations, he exclaims, ‘I’ve got it! But it only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum.’
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 11:32:43 PM »

I don't think stuff like this is that bad. There are a lot more geeky gags out there, most of which I can't make head nor tail of.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 11:35:25 PM »

Ha!

Thread has potential!

Don't think it does - I haven't seen any jokes about Alessandro Volta.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:36:00 PM »

Perhaps not too geeky.  I also heard some terrible computer related jokes that probably wouldn't qualify for this thread.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 11:48:54 PM »

Ha!

Thread has potential!

Don't think it does - I haven't seen any jokes about Alessandro Volta.

Guilty as charged

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 11:58:32 PM »

Keeppp them coming. Im a massive fan of geeky t shirts also yet i dont own any yet Sad!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 12:05:41 AM »

I was talking to someone (on the rail...) the other night at Gala Birmingham about the early days of online poker. He commented about it being like typing commands into MS DOS.

I managed to come out with

C:Bet

We laughed.

Had to be there.

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »

Heisenberg gets pulled over by a traffic cop one day. Once he's pulled over, the policeman taps on his window and says "Do you know how fast you were going?". Heisenberg replies "No, but I know where I am."
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 12:23:59 AM »

Heisenberg gets pulled over by a traffic cop one day. Once he's pulled over, the policeman taps on his window and says "Do you know how fast you were going?". Heisenberg replies "No, but I know where I am."

Did he have any meth on him?
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 12:54:14 AM »

I don't get it. 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 12:56:19 AM »

I don't get it. 

Only those who have watched breaking bad will  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: