blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:58:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sitting with chips not in play at DTD.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sitting with chips not in play at DTD.  (Read 2414 times)
tight4better

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »

So a very annoying situation came up at DTD where I'd moved from a 4 handed 1/1 table to a fuller 1/1 table.

I had approx £360 in £5/£2/£1 chips (brags) so sat with £250 (Max), and the rest in a tray on the rail behind my stack, not on the felt at any point.

Was informed by a certain player immediately after sitting down the tray needs removing due to "Club rules", dealer said nothing. Due to the fact I'm lazy and can't be arsed to argue I didn't call floor. I'll add that no table was available for me to put chips on and I was sitting in seat 5 which is probably the most awkward seat to put anything out of your sight that wouldn't be "at risk" as it were.

What's the rule? Seems ridiculous for this to actually be the rule but stranger things have happened. For a dealer/player to not notice me adding a huge stack of chips to the table I'd probably be applying for a job as a fucking ninja.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 06:54:30 PM »

Surprised you didn't politely tell the certain player to MYOB. Only Dealer or floor can say what's right or wrong? As to specific situation, man bag or pockets ftw?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:04:42 PM »

I don't think chips that are not-in-play should be sat in a tray that's anywhere near the table.  Either cash them in, chip them up and put them in your pockets (or handbag), or sit with all of them in play.  Simples.

Chips that are not in play shouldn't be anywhere near the table itself.  As an aside, chips in a tray should never be in play either.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 07:07:33 PM »

Pretty standard rule afaik.

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »

sit with all of them in play.  Simples.

If only it were that simple.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »

What you couldn't cash them out, chip them up or sit with all of them?  Surely one of those three is a option open to you?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »

So a very annoying situation came up at DTD where I'd moved from a 4 handed 1/1 table to a fuller 1/1 table.

I had approx £360 in £5/£2/£1 chips (brags) so sat with £250 (Max), and the rest in a tray on the rail behind my stack, not on the felt at any point.

Was informed by a certain player immediately after sitting down the tray needs removing due to "Club rules", dealer said nothing. Due to the fact I'm lazy and can't be arsed to argue I didn't call floor. I'll add that no table was available for me to put chips on and I was sitting in seat 5 which is probably the most awkward seat to put anything out of your sight that wouldn't be "at risk" as it were.

What's the rule? Seems ridiculous for this to actually be the rule but stranger things have happened. For a dealer/player to not notice me adding a huge stack of chips to the table I'd probably be applying for a job as a fucking ninja.

Before taking my seat in a cash game at DTD I buy £300 in chips.

I usually sit in a 1/1 game with the maximum of £250 leaving £50 for back spare for 'topping up'. These I keep in plain sight, in a rack with a lid (which I was told is fine) and is imo much easier to police than a player with chips in his pocket because he can palm a few extra on to the table any time he likes.

I usually stay in the same game unless it goes stale or a seat becomes available on what is obviously a better game. If I do move I always sit at the new table with the maximum allowed, putting any surplus chips into the rack.

One night a couple of weeks ago, I went to the cash desk to buy my chips as usual, and a member of staff told me that someone had complained about me moving tables for the purpose of "Locking up a win" This same staff member told me that he would be "monitoring my behaviour."

You can imagine my reaction. I asked who had accused me, he refused to say.

I asked if the rules could be changed to allow me to sit with all my chips when I move tables. He said "No"

I asked what he was going to do after he had "Monitored my behaviour" He said "Nothing"

I asked him if he had defended my good name in front of this accuser, or if he had encouraged him to think I was cheating by promising to "Monitor my behaviour" He didn't answer, so I'm assuming the latter.

I was so angry about the whole episode that I couldn't actually concentrate to play, I had to go for a walk outside.

I'm still absolutely mortified about it.

I know it's daft, but I can't get it out of my mind. I don't think I've been back more than twice since it happened.

I want to move on now. Perhaps getting it off my chest on here will help me to do that.

The older I get, the better I was.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 07:32:18 PM »

What you couldn't cash them out

I could, seems pointless if I'm going to need chips for a reload though

chip them up

I could, but I didn't see an issue with having chips on the table and I hate ponies/pinks

sit with all of them?

ERM EXCUSE ME ARE YOU SITTING WITH MORE THAN 250? Have a guess at which DTD reg I'm impersonating, hint. She's also the villain in the OP and a "well loved" reg.

Possible sarcasm ITT.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 07:36:43 PM »

I usually sit in a 1/1 game with the maximum of £250 leaving £50 for back spare for 'topping up'. These I keep in plain sight, in a rack with a lid (which I was told is fine) and is imo much easier to police than a player with chips in his pocket because he can palm a few extra on to the table any time he likes

Yeah tom this was my argument, with my chips in a closed tray anyone can see if I've added/not.

Regarding rest of post, it's not daft at all, I'd also be angry and keen to prove my innocence, if people are worried about ratholing then DTD should enforce a sitdown with minimum whatever you left with, but for some reason won't.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:05:33 PM »

I usually sit in a 1/1 game with the maximum of £250 leaving £50 for back spare for 'topping up'. These I keep in plain sight, in a rack with a lid (which I was told is fine) and is imo much easier to police than a player with chips in his pocket because he can palm a few extra on to the table any time he likes.

I usually stay in the same game unless it goes stale or a seat becomes available on what is obviously a better game. If I do move I always sit at the new table with the maximum allowed, putting any surplus chips into the rack.

One night a couple of weeks ago, I went to the cash desk to buy my chips as usual, and a member of staff told me that someone had complained about me moving tables for the purpose of "Locking up a win" This same staff member told me that he would be "monitoring my behaviour."

I asked if the rules could be changed to allow me to sit with all my chips when I move tables. He said "No"

I asked what he was going to do after he had "Monitored my behaviour" He said "Nothing"

I asked him if he had defended my good name in front of this accuser, or if he had encouraged him to think I was cheating by promising to "Monitor my behaviour" He didn't answer, so I'm assuming the latter.

I was so angry about the whole episode that I couldn't actually concentrate to play, I had to go for a walk outside.

I know it's daft, but I can't get it out of my mind. I don't think I've been back more than twice since it happened.

I want to move on now. Perhaps getting it off my chest on here will help me to do that.

Sounds like theres a few players at DTD with too much time on there hands and nothing better to do than cause dramas?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 08:23:33 PM »

chip them up

I could, but I didn't see an issue with having chips on the table and I hate ponies/pinks

sit with all of them?

ERM EXCUSE ME ARE YOU SITTING WITH MORE THAN 250? Have a guess at which DTD reg I'm impersonating, hint. She's also the villain in the OP and a "well loved" reg.

Possible sarcasm ITT.
Melissa causing ripples already? #girl3

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »

Ridiculous.  What 'behaviour' was he meant to be monitoring?

However, I still think that additional chips should be kept off the rail of the table (even if in a closed tray) -  but that's up to the club to decide on the rule.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:28:13 PM by kinboshi » Logged

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 08:47:10 PM »

chip them up

sit with all of them?

Possible sarcasm ITT.

Oh my, don't beat around the bush Nik Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 08:56:41 PM »

Lol, ask dealer if needed or just chip up and put in pocket, nbd

Or make rude comments at the person being a jobsworth to tilt them and stack off lighter
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »

NIK U R SUCH A F*****G TWAT .  JUST CASH THEM N STOP MOANING LIKE A BITCH !!!!

Melissa , u  r very liceeeee
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: