blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:47:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Fold AQ to utg min from 18bbs?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fold AQ to utg min from 18bbs?  (Read 5434 times)
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 12:15:43 AM »

Those things can change things a lot but if OP hasn't provided that information you can generally assume it's not highly relevant to this spot and it's more about reads on ranges and playability etc
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 12:24:00 AM »

pics of opponent? could be vital

Would defo be trying to get it in.
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 03:59:58 AM »

Those things can change things a lot but if OP hasn't provided that information you can generally assume it's not highly relevant to this spot and it's more about reads on ranges and playability etc
Well in that case it's a flip. Which this spot is. It's the old lets "double up or go on the piss" play.

The beauty of this hand is all about how your tourney equity sways that flip to a sure fire decision. Either way.

dakky

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 12:28:43 AM »

I've noticed regs r/f off 15-18bb stacks far more recently, probably as their thinking is "I'm not supposed to be raise/folding off this stack so they will think that I am r/c so won't jam light" sort of thing.

However as gs08 so eloquently put it this is .fr so they are most likely too busy sharpening their bayonets to be paying too much attention to stack sizes
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 12:32:18 AM »

Needs more love

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 01:05:57 AM »

That's far from the best picture of her but she's still pretty hot!

Reminded me of this thread
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 03:04:37 PM »

Reminded me of this thread

"If we get to play a multi way pot in position with some back door draws I am more inclined to continue here."

^^^nut post imo.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 03:38:10 PM »

I think I'd flat although I don't hate a shove, I feel like many regulars open too light utg/purposely "bluff" here with the idea it gets more credit. Not as relevant here cos .fr, but I imagine she could well be lighter in this spot then standard, and flat with the idea of calling a shove from someone behind is perfectly fine. If she overshoves I guess she just have to fold? Thoughts here?

Best post was "although pretty weak, isn't limp/fold the standard line in a spot like this?" itt above.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2013, 02:42:39 AM »

yh alex pls dont 3b/fold.

Obviously this is worst hand we get in / best hand we fold.

Think  you should 3b/call vs opener, but by 3betting our hand instead of shoving, if someone wakes up with it behind and the Opener gets it in too, we can happily fold. This is something i dont think people think about enough in MTT's.
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2013, 02:58:16 AM »

rly wana see someone argue the corner of 3b/folding here, more i think about it, more i REALLY hate it. Admittedly 99% of my lifetime volume has been on stars and naturally french sites will play somewhat different, but still,    3b/call > shove > flat > fold >                            3bet fold. With maybe folding and flatting reversed, would need to think about it a little more when its not 3am
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2013, 10:09:11 AM »

Don't think people are arguing the 3bet fold scenario. I do like the idea of having flexibility of 3 betting and seeing if someone behind wakes up with a hand and original raiser gets it in too. Something Ive never really considered with shallow stacks but it makes sense. I'm guessing our 3bet has to be a click back tho right?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2013, 01:31:11 PM »

rly wana see someone argue the corner of 3b/folding here, more i think about it, more i REALLY hate it. Admittedly 99% of my lifetime volume has been on stars and naturally french sites will play somewhat different, but still,    3b/call > shove > flat > fold >                            3bet fold. With maybe folding and flatting reversed, would need to think about it a little more when its not 3am

I it's potentially the best hand we fold as we want to have a 3b\call and 3b\fold range then surely with the additional blockers it would be fine.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »

I it's potentially the best hand we fold as we want to have a 3b\call and 3b\fold range then surely with the additional blockers it would be fine.

IMO we should be a little more polarised so the hands we have in our 3b/fold range are the semibluffs; we clearly don't want to be 'raising for information', it would be fine if she had a raise-call range (that we beat) but I doubt she does 18bb deep, even IP.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »

You lost, bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jLa4ylf5NPo
JChapman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 12:29:49 PM »

Hey Alex,

100% of my volume is on Winnamax and the notes and reads I have on this specific player would cause me to muck without even thinking about it.  She is super nitty and she is intelligent too.  She is not opening enough with hands in her range that give you equity compared to the average player in this event.  You will find many better spots as the structure of the event is far superior to any other weekly event on the site. 

Of course, this may all change if you can win an "I busted a pro" T-Shirt........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: