blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:13:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  ISPT Direct Day 2.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ISPT Direct Day 2.  (Read 7361 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 08:17:29 PM »

Hehe make mine 2 then

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 08:18:20 PM »

Cheers all booked! Smiley
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »

Glad you sorted this mate, but if you are stuck to work out MU ask people like Alex!

Would have took some, but done my nuts in elsewhere, best of luck tomorrow!!!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 10:06:19 PM »

Cheers friend!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »

Cheers mate Smiley
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 11:14:29 PM »

FKN terrible handling. Absolute disgrace. Get out.

Will still take 5%. stars ok?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 11:24:56 PM »

One little point about that method is that technically the coefficient should be multiplied by 2700 not 3000 as the reg fee shouldn't be included in this bit.

So it's ((1.55* 2700)+300)*1.2 = 5382 so 1% = 53.82euros, but as it's just an estimate and there's only pennies in it obv doesn't matter.

Just posted for completeness sake before some smart alec tells me I did it wrong!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 11:34:54 PM »

FKN terrible handling. Absolute disgrace. Get out.

Will still take 5%. stars ok?

Haha booked and yeah mate stars fine.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2013, 12:17:39 AM »

hmm not really, if you double up you're EV doesn't double. A rule of thumb I made up but won't be far off is say X = starting stack - to square root the coeffecient of X. So if you have 100k, you have 2X. sq route of 2 = ~1.4, so you're EV is 1.4x what it was with starting stack.

So 1.4 * 3000 * 1.2markup = 5040euro, so 1% = 50.4 euros.

Works the same way but the other way around if you start with half starting stack like me. My EV won't be 0.5 x 3k, itll be roughly 0.7 x 3k (sq rt 0.5 = ~0.7).

Hope that helps. Would be interested in buying a piece at that rate.

This doesn't look like real maths to me. 

I don't feel like a mug when I take a rebuy in a tournament, yet your gut method suggests I am a fairly big mug for doing so.

ICM tends to devalue bigger stacks late on, but not nearly by the amounts suggested here.  I always figure that earlier on you benefit from having the biggest hammer at the table.  I am certainly a lot more comfortable with double the average than I am with the average, and I was under the impression that mid stacks were the guys you picked on when you had your big hammer.

If you had said that ICM suggests that big stacks aren't worth as much as the simple chip adjustment and docked 10% or so, I'd think that wasn't too severe, and may even be fair.  But by ignoring the more simple chip adjustment, and taking what looks very much like an arbitrary adjustment, there seems a danger that you have just constructed an argument that favours yoursrlf unfairly.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2013, 01:07:58 AM »

Will still take 2% Tom let me know how much I owe will ship at some point I suppose!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2013, 01:11:21 AM »

hmm not really, if you double up you're EV doesn't double. A rule of thumb I made up but won't be far off is say X = starting stack - to square root the coeffecient of X. So if you have 100k, you have 2X. sq route of 2 = ~1.4, so you're EV is 1.4x what it was with starting stack.

Works the same way but the other way around if you start with half starting stack like me. My EV won't be 0.5 x 3k, itll be roughly 0.7 x 3k (sq rt 0.5 = ~0.7).

I don't feel like a mug when I take a rebuy in a tournament, yet your gut method suggests I am a fairly big mug for doing so.

ICM tends to devalue bigger stacks late on, but not nearly by the amounts suggested here.  I always figure that earlier on you benefit from having the biggest hammer at the table.  I am certainly a lot more comfortable with double the average than I am with the average, and I was under the impression that mid stacks were the guys you picked on when you had your big hammer.

If you had said that ICM suggests that big stacks aren't worth as much as the simple chip adjustment and docked 10% or so, I'd think that wasn't too severe, and may even be fair.  But by ignoring the more simple chip adjustment, and taking what looks very much like an arbitrary adjustment, there seems a danger that you have just constructed an argument that favours yoursrlf unfairly.

Like I said, I can't prove it, but it seems pretty close.

If you buy in to Wembley for 3k with 50k chips, and I have 100k chips already, my EV will be nowhere near twice yours. Ignoring skill and reg fee, it will be between 4 and 5k don't you think?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2013, 05:51:06 AM »

ICM tends to devalue bigger stacks late on, but not nearly by the amounts suggested here.  I always figure that earlier on you benefit from having the biggest hammer at the table.  I am certainly a lot more comfortable with double the average than I am with the average, and I was under the impression that mid stacks were the guys you picked on when you had your big hammer.

If you had said that ICM suggests that big stacks aren't worth as much as the simple chip adjustment and docked 10% or so, I'd think that wasn't too severe, and may even be fair.  But by ignoring the more simple chip adjustment, and taking what looks very much like an arbitrary adjustment, there seems a danger that you have just constructed an argument that favours yoursrlf unfairly.

Like I said, I can't prove it, but it seems pretty close.

If you buy in to Wembley for 3k with 50k chips, and I have 100k chips already, my EV will be nowhere near twice yours. Ignoring skill and reg fee, it will be between 4 and 5k don't you think?
fwiw I gave Tom an idea with his original calcs.

I thought ~5,7k for 100k but included some skill edge. And paid to back it up.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »

Shipped on stars for 2%, glgl

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »

Ty mate.

160k at 2nd break table is good.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »

210k at dinner break. Table it tougher with Ben jones and Matt perrins sat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: