blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL COMPUTER GAMING THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL COMPUTER GAMING THREAD***  (Read 21388 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2014, 09:50:26 AM »

is it only for the wii u?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2014, 08:34:39 PM »

wow dayz is fking brilliant. absolutely loving it i'm such a chump at it but really getting into it. if the dev team continue how they have started it could easily be the best most playable longterm game of all time   
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »

wow dayz is fking brilliant. absolutely loving it i'm such a chump at it but really getting into it. if the dev team continue how they have started it could easily be the best most playable longterm game of all time   

Could be, but they do seem to be really fking slow at adding stuff in when you consider it's sold 2 million copies at £20 a pop.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »

Could be, but they do seem to be really fking slow at adding stuff in when you consider it's sold 2 million copies at £20 a pop.

it did start with 1 guy on his own with the original mod, and from what i've heard having not been involved since the beginning bugs are getting fixed extraordinarily quickly if you compare it to any of the other games on the market at the moment. battlefield 4 being an absolute shining example of how not to produce a game.

given that this is released as an alpha I cant see any reason for fuss, bf4 was released as a 'finished product' and wouldn't run for the first 3 months on 99% of the worlds machines, it still crashes regularly 6 months down the line, and they've produced 3 pay to play addons whilst failing to fix nearly any of the original issues, they've also now announced a brand new battlefield game already before they've even finished the last dlc for bf4. absolute farce!

finally met other human players on a server who spoke to me rather than shooting me or beating me in the face 
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2014, 02:44:22 AM »

Who remembers The Sims?

You can download for free now - http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2014, 03:06:12 AM »

sims 2 may be free but sims 3 cost all of 75k to buy it all and sims 4 seems to have been taken down the same route, it's disgusting   

DayZ on the other hand has given me 250 hours of play already for my £20 and the games barely been developed 
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »

I'm properly obsessed with Clash of Clans atm.  To the point where it's becoming a problem.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2014, 02:18:41 PM »

I'm properly obsessed with Clash of Clans atm.  To the point where it's becoming a problem.

I was for a bit before realising it's a completely pointless game.

When you start paying 1m a piece for walls comeback to me.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2014, 05:34:36 PM »

I think it was about 10 years that I managed to go cold turkey from Championship Manager. It had just got too complicated and seasons took far too long to complete.

Then I saw they'd released a cut down version for iPad - gg life (again)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2014, 05:47:04 PM »

I think it was about 10 years that I managed to go cold turkey from Championship Manager. It had just got too complicated and seasons took far too long to complete.

yup i'm staying away from it. same with civilisation ipad app  

used to love champ man when it was just purely words and numbers, flashing for interesting stuff during the match. now you've got a pitch to watch the ball ping about on and sooo much depth it's just too much hassle. especially once you get really deep into a career and pressing continue takes naffin ages  talktothehand

Did you purchase DayZ sir or just responded about it from reading up about it? It's fab  cupcake

i've also stopped watching pretty much anything but youtube and twitch now. great way to assess a game before you decide to buy and a great way to get better at a new game. some of the channels on twitch get ridiculous numbers of views, especially all the LoL stuff!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2014, 04:22:44 PM »

I haven't really managed to get into the last 3 or 4 of them, the iPad game is really good though.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2014, 06:20:27 PM »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/01/27/riots-league-of-legends-reveals-astonishing-27-million-daily-players-67-million-monthly/
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »

Halooooooooo
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2014, 07:41:14 AM »

Love high level Hearthstone. So intense. Its a shame the draws are so important, just means x% of games are pretty much a lock one way or the other. Both guys (d2 vs number guy) at the Blizzcon match I just saw looked like they were going to be sick.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:48:20 AM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2014, 02:52:44 AM »

Anyone tried Prismata? Like a cross between Hearthstone/Chess/Starcraft. No grind to win, no pay to win, free to play, no RNG, all skill. Super addicitve, really fun. Just launched a Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lunarchstudios/prismata-a-new-hybrid-game-of-pure-strategy

Currently in Beta so to play you have to either wait for promotion or full release (or you can buy a Kickstarter level).

Been playing it a bunch with Timex (obviously he's like #3 in the world), dropped hundreds of hours into it already lol

http://www.prismata.net

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: