blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL COMPUTER GAMING THREAD***
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL COMPUTER GAMING THREAD***  (Read 21434 times)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »

Had a browse through the lounge and taking inspiration from Tommy Bingham talking about retro gaming in his thread I thought it might be cool to see if there was any interest in a general gaming thread.  We're talking anything from PC/XBOX/PS3/NINTENDO/SEGA and any other form of computer gaming old, current or future you can think of.  Not sure if there are many gamers on Blonde but theres only one way to find out.  Although I don't get much time to play these days (and am not particularly great at computer games when I do play) I do still enjoy sitting down and playing some PC/XBOX from time to time.

Lets do this.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:27:39 PM »

Other than on the mobile, I don't do gaming anymore. Used to be an absolute Nintendo nut.

Many moons ago, I knew every move for every character. Would struggle to tell you one or two for each now.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »

Street fighter 2 tourney would be epic

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »

A retro gaming tournament would be sick!  I quite liked TB's idea about perhaps doing it for charity, but can't see it taking off in the immediate future (I hope I'm wrong).

In more recent gaming news, I purchased the newish Tomb Raider game for xbox and have to say I was very impressed.  The graphics are amazing and the story line certainly made me want to carry on playing.  It wasn't the longest game I've every played, but there is a multiplayer online Halo style that I haven't had a go at yet.  For those of you who enjoyed either Hit Man or the original Tomb Raider games, I would defo recommend giving it a go.

I also bought Formula One Stars (or w/e its called, the karting one) about 10mins ago and I am hoping its like Mario Kart / Crash Team Racing.  Another rubbish review to follow no doubt!!!  For those of you with xbox live, pretty sure I'm tomsom87 on there too!
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 11:48:29 PM »

a long long time ago...i used to be very good at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SubSpace_%28video_game%29  possibly the first online game ever of that sort. Was GB captain, fun while it lasted..

Just getting back into indi PC games, from sites like Humble Bumble, where you get cracking games for a price u decide to pay..

http://www.humblebundle.com/

worth a gander.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 12:01:16 AM »

Great Thread.

I used to absolutely love PES, but now I'm a FIFA nut and have absolutely done my conkers on their ultimate team.

Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Shinobi reminds me when it was 10p for a game at the arcades.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 08:26:11 AM »

Not played video games in years but I was the boss on Tekken 2. My friends and I played a game called 'Tekken Flick Nose' where the loser of the game got a painful flick on the nose from his opponent. I had a run of about 72 games unbeaten in that, and when I finally was defeated, my mate missed my nose trying to set up a elaborate flick.

Life went downhill after that.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 08:38:13 AM »

I used to play video games all the time in my youth. Still do a fair bit but nowhere near as much as I used to.

Currently I'm playing through Ni No Kuni. Anyone who is in to RPGs might want to take a look.

As far as Tekken goes the ones I remember most were 2 and 3. My favourite character in 2 was Michelle. In 3 it was Julia. How happy was I when Tekken Tag came out and I could play as them both at the same time!!

Blue text
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 09:17:42 AM »

Just looked at this and I'm not sure that I dare download it!!!!  I think if I do I might be saying goodbye to many hours.

Great Thread.

I used to absolutely love PES, but now I'm a FIFA nut and have absolutely done my conkers on their ultimate team.

TY.  I only really played the first PES, I think the whole R. Lacros, D. Backhim thing put me off!!!!  Really enjoyed FIFA 12 and spent a lot of time playing that.  FIFA 13 didn't really catch my attention that much and although I have played it a bit, I've played it nowhere near as much as I did its predecessor.  I imagine it wont be too long before FIFA14 shows up now.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 12:21:02 PM »

I completed Bubble Bobble on 3 lives.......................... that's all

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »

Impossible!

Surely?

The later levels just get daft with no room for error whatsoever.

Blue text
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 12:27:23 PM »

Impossible!

Surely?

it did not happen over night!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »

i played 4323 rounds of micropose golf on the amiga...jesus i lost money on that game
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »

Impossible!

Surely?

it did not happen over night!

I played it loads and loads when I was younger.

In fact, I still have my PS1 disc which works in my PS3. As far as I'm aware it's pretty much the closest port to the arcade version.

My least favourite levels as I recall were 63 (you had to bubble up the sides with space invaders raining fire down) and level 99 (which was just evil full stop).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:34:54 PM by Cf » Logged

Blue text
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »

deus ex bitches <3

Click to see full-size image.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: