blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:20:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Matters of Pith and Import - A Diary
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matters of Pith and Import - A Diary  (Read 17364 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »

Dinner party, 5 guests.

One poker player.
One comedian.
One politician.
One sportsman/woman.
One free choice.

Who'd you invite?

Which shirt would you wear?

What food would you serve?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2013, 03:00:35 PM »

How would a really small penis help my balance?

Surely a huge, heavy, freely-swinging cock would act as a counterweight, giving enhanced stability.

But if you dress to the left or to the right the maybe lopsided issues.

BTW - I noticed in another thread that you are called Bob, why AndrewT for blonde name? I'm a nob.

Edited
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:46:41 PM by bobAlike » Logged

Ah! The element of surprise
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2013, 05:05:24 PM »

Dinner party, 5 guests.

One poker player.
One comedian.
One politician.
One sportsman/woman.
One free choice.

Who'd you invite?

Which shirt would you wear?

What food would you serve?

Poker player - do I have to? I suppose one benefit would be him starting up credit card roulette at the end - I could get him to pay for me hosting the dinner. I would go for Dubai, except could I take the pressure of my cooking being critiqued?

Comedian - Jerry Sadowitz. The very opposite of the Live at the Apollo comedians who are only thinking of their DVD sales.

Politician - lol. If I were to invite a politician, they'd get the salmon mousse.

Sport - Laura Robson - tall, pretty, talented, on the verge of rolling in coin. What's not to like?

Free Choice - Richard Feynman, think he'd be the most deeply interesting person to talk to. Assuming I'm allowed to resurrect him.

All my shirts are, of course, fabulous, any of them would dazzle Laura.

I don't really cook dinner. Breakfast, yes. dinner, no. I could probably rustle up some steak and chips, that's easy enough #ovenchipsthough.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2013, 05:10:42 PM »

Richard Feynman - brilliant choice.  Can't argue with the others either to be fair!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2013, 05:23:57 PM »

At the risk of doing an actual diary post, today I have had the swirling excitement of a breakfast of Eggs Benedict, cooked by a flame-haired Eastern-European temptress; a visit to the dentist, and a trip to the cinema to see Man of Steel, bookended by ensconsing in a pub for pre- and post-film prefreshment/refreshment.

It's still only 5.20 - if I had a job I'd still be at work.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2013, 05:55:01 PM »

Jerry Sadowitz might scare Laura too much for her to even notice your shirt. I saw him absolutely destroy a guy who attempted to contribute to his show from the audience. Not a heckle as such, just a word or two that on another night, with another comedian, might have added to the levity of the occasion. Sadowitz let loose a tirade of abuse that lasted, on and off, for around thirty minutes.
Stewart Lee might be a better choice, still a huge distance from getting a call from the booking agents for the Apollo but generally milder mannered. His close-up magic isn't as good though. Sadowitz is close to genius at that.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2013, 07:06:24 PM »

Meant to ask you before and forgot.

When we go on only connect and we choose the Horned Viper hieroglyph, how will you pronounce it?

Answer carefully, as I have 50 pence riding on this.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2013, 07:32:06 PM »

When we go on only connect and we choose the Horned Viper hieroglyph, how will you pronounce it?

'Wiggly Worm please Vicky'

All bets void.

I'm still at Baker Street, got waylaid in a pub
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »

'Wiggly Worm please Vicky'

All bets void.

I'm still at Baker Street, got waylaid in a pub

not necessarily - that might have won me the dosh.

Excellent - should get some good diary posts from you later if you're ratarsed thumbs up

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2013, 09:51:45 PM »

Wasn't familiar with only connect so I thought I'd check it out online. Cue me spending the last three and a half hours playing the bloody thing.
Its really hard! Only managed to score 10 three times in about thirty goes so I wont be auditioning any time soon.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »

Wasn't familiar with only connect so I thought I'd check it out online. Cue me spending the last three and a half hours playing the bloody thing.
Its really hard! Only managed to score 10 three times in about thirty goes so I wont be auditioning any time soon.

The walls comprise only one round of the quiz, and they're done as a team Smiley

Try the two walls from last night's programme (play along 303 and 304, i think). They were both pretty straightforward, comparatively.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »

Worst diary ever.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2013, 09:22:39 PM »

Have some beer Mr T.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »

There is the distinct possibility of the life upheaval upon which diaries thrive.

Isn't that an exciting prospect for the viewing public.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: