blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Poker Media Mid Life Crisis
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Media Mid Life Crisis  (Read 133955 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:33 AM »

Boom! haggled £60 off my car insurance.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2013, 07:04:49 PM »

Stark Raving Dad now on Sky One.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »

Stark Raving Dad now on Sky One.

Not a huge fan of that one (I do like it when he called the guy a baby)

Homer goes to College was on over the weekend, one of the classics.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2013, 07:19:02 PM »

That sounded like a pig falling...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »

Stark Raving Dad isn't by any means the funniest episode, but it is a pretty big moment in TV IMO: John Jay Smith

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2013, 07:36:12 PM »

Also I have been lifting weights at the gym instead of cardio, because although cardio burns more calories my understanding is weight lifting has a much longer compound benefit for lasting weight loss.

I find myself a bit sluggish around 5pm to 7pm, and thats also when I start feeling the urge to snack. So the next mini habit I am going to try and build is having a big glass of water and a healthy fruit snack at 3pm. I figured that would reduce my appetite and give me a burst of energy at the 5-7 time.

I'm not going to turn this blog into a weight loss one btw, posting here mainly to keep accountable. But no big goals or challenges here, other than hoping to make a few good habits. 

I have in the last year, lost nearly 3/4 stone weight training(that was peak loss) so it will be beneficial to you in your weight loss efforts. You'd be surprised how many calories you burn if your working out properly. I also read recently  that people often mistake dehydration for hunger, so instead of eating if you feel hungry, try a glass of water which might stop you snacking.

Cymru am byth
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »

Also I have been lifting weights at the gym instead of cardio, because although cardio burns more calories my understanding is weight lifting has a much longer compound benefit for lasting weight loss.

I find myself a bit sluggish around 5pm to 7pm, and thats also when I start feeling the urge to snack. So the next mini habit I am going to try and build is having a big glass of water and a healthy fruit snack at 3pm. I figured that would reduce my appetite and give me a burst of energy at the 5-7 time.

I'm not going to turn this blog into a weight loss one btw, posting here mainly to keep accountable. But no big goals or challenges here, other than hoping to make a few good habits. 

I have in the last year, lost nearly 3/4 stone weight training(that was peak loss) so it will be beneficial to you in your weight loss efforts. You'd be surprised how many calories you burn if your working out properly. I also read recently  that people often mistake dehydration for hunger, so instead of eating if you feel hungry, try a glass of water which might stop you snacking.

Yes, just in general, good things happen when I drink more water, plain and simple. I neck a huge glass of water first thing in the morning and have a timer on my phone to remind me to do the same at 3pm.

Just got back from the big shop and we are making a concerted effort to reduce the carbs this week. Not restricting them completely, just replacing roast potatoes with parsnips and such.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2013, 07:52:47 PM »

I didn't even bother with the carbs malarky. I just made sure I had breakfast everyday (porridge with raisins most days, gd for lowering cholesterol levels as an added benefit) a healthy lunch(sandwiches, salads, soups) and a decent meal at night. Mostly chicken dishes with rice/pasta. I also cut out Cheese during the week, treating myself at weekends. I also made sure any snacks was fruit. Along with my training, the weight slowly disappeared without it feeling like a chore. Admittedly, there's been some relapses which has seen me yoyo a bit on the scales but I'm nowhere near where I was. Eat healthier,exercise more really has been the key(especially the eating part of my lifestyle).

Cymru am byth
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »

I didn't even bother with the carbs malarky. I just made sure I had breakfast everyday (porridge with raisins most days, gd for lowering cholesterol levels as an added benefit) a healthy lunch(sandwiches, salads, soups) and a decent meal at night. Mostly chicken dishes with rice/pasta. I also cut out Cheese during the week, treating myself at weekends. I also made sure any snacks was fruit. Along with my training, the weight slowly disappeared without it feeling like a chore. Admittedly, there's been some relapses which has seen me yoyo a bit on the scales but I'm nowhere near where I was. Eat healthier,exercise more really has been the key(especially the eating part of my lifestyle).

yeah this - having a sensible breakfast, lunch and tea without random snacks and half your work is done. That should be enough to maintain your weight, with exercise to reduce it when needed.

EDIT: you will reduce your carb intake doing this, e.g. 3 or 4 potatoes instead of 7 or 20 and no random snacks of toast and suchlike; but I don't see any need to make it a specific aim.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2013, 08:56:56 PM »

So last weekend was spent in Great Yarmouth for my Father-in-laws wedding. He remarried at the age of 58.

Never been to an 'old person wedding' before. They are a lot more relaxed than all the other ones I went to. Really enjoyed it, other than the fact I have almost certainly got another 3 points on my license courtesy of a mobile speed camera. Being as I drive like an old woman that is pretty annoying.

Great Yarmouth has not changed much since I last went 20 years ago. Places like that must really struggle these days considering how affordable some holiday destinations are these days.

One thing I did witness for the first time was someone actually win at those grabber machines. Turns out Gina has always been half decent at them, so all her family said. I was tempted to try and explain variance to the in-laws at this stage and how Gina was probably just the Jamie Gold of seaside grabby machines, but instead I decided not to ruin the weekend.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2013, 09:05:54 PM »

Grabby machine variance- so there's a skill? There's me thinking the jaws gripping power is only increased enough to hold one of these toys once enough money has been deposited.

Cymru am byth
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2013, 09:12:57 PM »

If you weren't pulled over at time of speeding I know a good lawyer who will get you off! Let me know if you get anything thou post

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »

If you weren't pulled over at time of speeding I know a good lawyer who will get you off! Let me know if you get anything thou post

Cheers mate, will do.

Normally I'd just take my lumps but this was a really sneaky one, 50 zone which turned into a 30 and the mobile camera was pretty much next to the 30 sign.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I appear to have ducked the speeding ticket. I contacted Nottinghamshire Police (it was in Mansfield) because having just changed address, I haven't yet changed my vehicle reg docs and I didn't want the ticket to go to the old address, then I get fined for not responding to it. But turns out they have no record of me on any of their cameras.

I normally disagree with people who complain about speeding cameras, but this particular one was very sneakily placed right next to the first sign to tell you to go from 50 to 30, so I felt it would have been a tad harsh.

I also sweet talked my way out of a parking ticket yesterday (the traffic warden seemed to like me asking 'if I drive off before you put it on, do I win?').

Watch and learn chaps

VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2013, 03:00:06 PM »

Haha - Roger the Dodger.  Used to love his books/comic strip as a kid and his numerous dodges taken from his dodge books.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: