blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Syria
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Syria  (Read 7165 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2013, 08:50:46 AM »

Meanwhile, North Korea continues to do what it wants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10272953/Kim-Jong-uns-ex-lover-executed-by-firing-squad.html

Truly a frightening regime.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/twerking-pop-stars-and-errant-footballers-i-can-give-an-opinion-on-syria-leaves-me-stumped-8791572.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 01:34:44 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10272953/Kim-Jong-uns-ex-lover-executed-by-firing-squad.html

I know you shouldn't really laugh but "Her popularity reportedly peaked in 2005 with the song "Excellent Horse-Like Lady."

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »

I know you shouldn't really laugh but "Her popularity reportedly peaked in 2005 with the song "Excellent Horse-Like Lady."

Just read the article and it's hard to believe that it's even real!

North Korea's Communist dictator reportedly purged his own step-mother, Kim Ok, from her post as a senior official in the Workers' Party Finance and Accounting Department as he sought to tighten his grip on power within the country.

She was luckier than Kim Chol, vice minister of the army, who was executed with a mortar round in October 2012.

Kim Chol was reportedly executed for drinking and carousing during the official mourning period after Kim Jong-il's death.

On the explicit orders of Kim Jong-un to leave "no trace of him behind, down to his hair," according to South Korean media, Kim Chol was forced to stand on a spot that had been zeroed in for a mortar round and "obliterated."

My head just asploded reading that, fortunately not in the same way Kim's did...

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2013, 03:09:15 PM »

Another reason / proof that the west picks its fights very carefully.

It's quite shaming really that we as the west, do very little for the worlds deprived and innocent, and probably more shaming that people like me, just moan about it on forums (not even the correct forums)and yet do nothnig about it myself.  Yet in the countries where it happens, the people that have so little, not only in possessions, worth, money, or prospects, let alone a voice that is often heard, they are fighting for the right to simply breathe and exist.

It annoys me so much (when i think about it, however obviously not enough) that the worlds rich, wealthiest and best positioned countries talk a wonderful game, a political game, and yet with a true willingness, a genuine caring aspect we could I believe eradicate most of the worlds biggest problems.

But until we prioritise homeless, starvation, illness over space exploration and defence, nothing will ever really change.

Carpe Diem
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2013, 07:52:58 PM »

Hehe
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2013, 07:55:32 PM »

I have never know a more an ego maniac leader than Cameron! Such an "entitled" prick it hurts! He talks about the house of commons like its a few people backing up his decisions. We are about as democratic as Syria under that prick!

(obv given he lost this vote its a terrible thread to make this point - I get that)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2013, 08:29:45 PM »

Not sure there is any need for that language

In fact this article debunks any such notions

Cameron said

"While there was a vote on the decision to go to war in Iraq – albeit very late in the process – there was no vote on the action in Kosovo. If elected, I am determined to lead this country as a democratically accountable Prime Minister, and to abandon the personal, Presidential style that has taken hold under New Labour… Giving Parliament a greater role in the exercise of these powers would be an important and tangible way of making government more accountable."

very good article, concerning Obama's decision today

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/08/barack-obamas-decision-to-recall-congress-pays-david-cameron-the-highest-compliment/

My eyes are open wide
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »

Not sure there is any need for that language

In fact this article debunks any such notions

Cameron said
"While there was a vote on the decision to go to war in Iraq – albeit very late in the process – there was no vote on the action in Kosovo. If elected, I am determined to lead this country as a democratically accountable Prime Minister, and to abandon the personal, Presidential style that has taken hold under New Labour… Giving Parliament a greater role in the exercise of these powers would be an important and tangible way of making government more accountable."

very good article, concerning Obama's decision today

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/08/barack-obamas-decision-to-recall-congress-pays-david-cameron-the-highest-compliment/

see the bold bit

see the NHS

realise you are being lied to

As a leader he isn't there to give personal support to the USA once he has been defeated in the commons, he is there to represent the people
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:51:50 PM by outragous76 » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »

did you read the article, in the Spectator?

Or is your view just set? Very complex situation and not sure its as black and white as you make out

My eyes are open wide
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »

did you read the article, in the Spectator?

Or is your view just set? Very complex situation and not sure its as black and white as you make out

im not just referring to the Syria situation obviously, but rest assured he would have done the thing which would have made him most popular, have no doubts about that

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2013, 08:56:55 PM »

you aren't making sense Guy. Going to parliament and losing a vote in the midst of proposing a course of action that c20% of the public support in all polling was done to be popular?

He might be very wrong, but it wasn't exactly the easiest route to take was it?

My eyes are open wide
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »

you aren't making sense Guy. Going to parliament and losing a vote in the midst of proposing a course of action that c20% of the public support in all polling was done to be popular?

He might be very wrong, but it wasn't exactly the easiest route to take was it?

He didn't really have the option not to go to parliament. Although he didn't "have" to, he would never have survived not having done so.

Just for clarity I will say it again, I AM NOT JUSTTALKING ABOUT SYRIA. If you want me to start a Cameron thread and post pretty much every interview he does and point out his arrogance I gladly will

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2013, 09:03:52 PM »

Not really, this is a Syria thread. Just didn't think moaning about his arrogance/need to be popular was adding a great deal to the subject, really.

My eyes are open wide
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2013, 09:06:22 PM »

Not really, this is a Syria thread. Just didn't think moaning about his arrogance/need to be popular was adding a great deal to the subject, really.

well it was reference to his personal opinion which he chose to tweet. Which he should be able to keep to himself. But he is so arrogant he cant. Parliament has spoken, they don't agree with him. Now pipe down you jumped up, ego maniac

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: