blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Syria
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Syria  (Read 7242 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2013, 09:08:29 PM »

lol, I really need to shut up.

The Prime Minister, of whichever party, cannot tweet his government or personal view the same as anyone else (you/me/miliband/gary lineker etc)?

Course he can. Obama made a major decision, he tweeted he was pleased with the decision. Why is this jumped up or egomaniac?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:49 PM »

lol, I really need to shut up.

The Prime Minister, of whichever party, cannot tweet his government or personal view the same as anyone else (you/me/miliband/gary lineker etc)?

Course he can. Obama made a major decision, he tweeted he was pleased with the decision. Why is this jumped up or egomaniac?

well I guess we will just have to disagree on the matter. If he wants to tweet about football, go ahead, however I disagree he should continue voice personal opinions on policy  as a leader

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »

Spectator article blows smoke up Tory PM's arse - hold the front page.

The reason Obama is going to Congress is to cover his arse. Britain doesn't want to know. Russia will ensure that the UN Security Council won't vote for it. If it all goes tits up he needs to be able to say 'Well, Congress voted for it'.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2013, 10:57:51 PM »

I've read a few things about Obama - saying he's in a lose-lose situation with Syria and he's going to be seen as a villain if he uses military force on Syria now, or if he doesn't.

He'd probably get more sympathy from some quarters if he'd followed through with his promise to close Guantanamo Bay (amongst other things).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »

Idiot's guide to Syria:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/08/29/9-questions-about-syria-you-were-too-embarrassed-to-ask/

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2013, 04:23:52 AM »

I have never know a more an ego maniac leader than Cameron! Such an "entitled" prick it hurts! He talks about the house of commons like its a few people backing up his decisions. We are about as democratic as Syria under that prick!

(obv given he lost this vote its a terrible thread to make this point - I get that)
I refer the gentleman to tony blair

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2013, 05:29:23 AM »

I have never know a more an ego maniac leader than Cameron! Such an "entitled" prick it hurts! He talks about the house of commons like its a few people backing up his decisions. We are about as democratic as Syria under that prick!

(obv given he lost this vote its a terrible thread to make this point - I get that)
I refer the gentleman to tony blair
This is true. Due to The last governments ineptitude regarding weapons of mass destruction and smoking guns Cameron has no chance of getting any more Non UN action through parliament.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2013, 11:43:30 AM »

Spectator article blows smoke up Tory PM's arse - hold the front page.

The reason Obama is going to Congress is to cover his arse.
Britain doesn't want to know. Russia will ensure that the UN Security Council won't vote for it. If it all goes tits up he needs to be able to say 'Well, Congress voted for it'.

This.

After Iraq, I'm not sure Cameron had much choice either tbh. He gets way too much credit from this article imo.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2013, 12:33:11 PM »

Politicians can be slippery customers and I never quite know what they're thinking so it's refreshing for the prime minister to offer his direct personal opinions about policy.

A big criticism with the Iraq war was people acted in haste and didn't wait for UN approval etc so I think Obama is quite right to cover his arse and be more cautious. I fully support the decision in parliament for a variety of reasons and think it's time for countries with significantly better resources than us to pick up the global sheriff baton.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »

Politicians can be slippery customers and I never quite know what they're thinking so it's refreshing for the prime minister to offer his direct personal opinions about policy.

A big criticism with the Iraq war was people acted in haste and didn't wait for UN approval etc so I think Obama is quite right to cover his arse and be more cautious. I fully support the decision in parliament for a variety of reasons and think it's time for countries with significantly better resources than us to pick up the global sheriff baton.

Not sure they did act in haste with Iraq (certainly not anywhere like as quickly as they're looking to act in Syria), and they're not going to get UN approval for action in Syria either.  Of course, I'm not saying they acted correctly with Iraq by not getting UN approval.  But if that was their 'crime' them, surely it's one they're repeating with Syria (with or without parliamentary or congressional support)?

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »

Who made America the worlds selective police force?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »

Who made America the worlds selective police force?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2013, 03:07:19 PM »

It's interesting the way this has played out.

Essentially, we know that only 39 MPs definitely voted with their conscience.

Labour voted against en bloc despite the fact that we know from previous situations that a large number of them are quite happy to vote for intervention,bombing, murder, war just so long as it advances their career or they perceive it will advance their party.

I guess we know that some labour and some additional Tory MPs also voted with their consciences which happened to coincide with their party perspective.

In an attempt to diminish Cameron a large number of Labour MPs diminished themselves by voting purely on party lines, unless they suddenly all had some kind of damascene thing

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: