blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:16:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD £250,000 GTD Grand Prix 22-29 Sept (£50,000 GTD for 1st)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £250,000 GTD Grand Prix 22-29 Sept (£50,000 GTD for 1st)  (Read 118144 times)
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 07:16:05 PM »

Is the 1st place £50k gaurantee the sponsorship package or is it £50k cash and £50k sponsorship? Sounds too good to be true if its both.

No - it's true for a player who has a Golden Chip, you will get £50K cash and £50K Sponsorship

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »

Got to be the most exciting grass roots player package i've ever seen. With the low buy in its perfect for giving the merging stacks concept a proper go. Not been to dtd in 6 months but will have to find room for this one!

I still expect their to be a very low number of merged stacks in this Grand Prix because only 10% of player get through. This will be highlighted this week's mini Deepstack.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »

If you win one golden chip and make Day2 with it but with a mini stack, does it stand even though you then decide to merge your stack?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 07:39:21 PM »

If you win one golden chip and make Day2 with it but with a mini stack, does it stand even though you then decide to merge your stack?

Yes - 100%. If a player makes Day 2 using a Golden Chip satellite seat, he can play further Day 1's to increase his Day 2 stack regardless of whether he uses cash or satellite tokens to play these future Day 1's (however, finishing in the top 10% more than once is not easy David, so I don't expect to see a lot of merged stacks, even for a man of you calibre!)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:45:21 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »

I agree simon, 100-1 to do it twice on the bounce all things being equal, but it definitely appeals to the ego of many a poker player to take the challenge up anyway! I really like the idea of having a crack at topping up your initial stack, particularly if you're travelling a significant distance to dtd and want as much value for the day as possible. Only a small proportion of the field will benefit from the attempts, but i predict many will try anyway, therefore boosting the prizepool etc 
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 08:20:33 PM »

Yes - 100%. If a player makes Day 2 using a Golden Chip satellite seat, he can play further Day 1's to increase his Day 2 stack regardless of whether he uses cash or satellite tokens to play these future Day 1's (however, finishing in the top 10% more than once is not easy David, so I don't expect to see a lot of merged stacks, even for a man of you calibre!)

Was curious, tbh I'll be pleased to finish in the top 10% once, but doing that with a mini stack would make attempting to merge more attractive given the added value from the Golden Chip.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »

This is going to be awesome comp for players that bankroll not deep enough ( like myself ) to win a Golden chip and going on to win the comp.  £7500 holidays package , £50K winner cheque & £50K sponsorship deal ! Wow
DTD , U R SICKO    
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 08:27:02 PM »

Is that right 50k sponsor package and Caribbean package for winning? That's pretty sick! Definitely in for this again 1/1 in grand prixs must remember to sleep before day 2 this time though and not spend the night on the piss!!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »

Is the 1st place £50k gaurantee the sponsorship package or is it £50k cash and £50k sponsorship? Sounds too good to be true if its both.

No - it's true for a player who has a Golden Chip, you will get £50K cash and £50K Sponsorship

Bloody Brilliant! I still not entirely understanding of why or how u keep on offering players/customers such amazing value and service but I for 1 would like to say thanks cos I dont know of anyone else in any other business who are as selfless as DTD. U jus keep on giving and giving and giving. VBOL I am sure it will be a roaring success. GL GL GL
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »

Cool incentive, should be a great comp.

With the 50k deal, would you be able to play whatever you wanted? Like X amount of EPT's, WSOP etc or do DTD decide what its spend on?

Presume you want a bit more exposure than one guy punting it in a single high roller event or something....

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »

With the 50k deal, would you be able to play whatever you wanted? Like X amount of EPT's, WSOP etc or do DTD decide what its spend on?

Presume you want a bit more exposure than one guy punting it in a single high roller event or something....

U not qualify for this mate . U going Vegas Sunday and golden chips satelite starts Monday . By the time u back in UK , all 1000 golden chips will be gone . But anyway u will probably win the ME in Vegas , so u font need this sponsorship .
IS IT
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 09:03:25 PM »

This is going to be awesome comp for players that bankroll not deep enough ( like myself ) to win a Golden chip and going on to win the comp.  £7500 holidays package , £50K winner cheque & £50K sponsorship deal ! Wow
DTD , U R SICKO    
Just to confirm if you win the event with a Golden Chip it's £50,000 cash & £50,000 DTD Sponsorship deal but the Caribbean package is for 2nd - 8th finishers only but of course the winner of the £50,000 DTD sponsorship package can use some of his £50K deal to buy into the CPT or alternatively buy in for themselves with the £50,000 cash in their back pocket so definitely lots of opportunity to be there!

I expect a lot of players to have a shot at the Golden Chip sats even if they usually buy in direct, just for the sheer value of the Golden Chip this time!! Last time we did 1,000 Golden Chips we didn't run out this time I want too run out Wink

I'm so excited for this one, I have a soft spot for Grand Prix's Smiley

Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »

Hey Mitch

Yep you can play whatever you want, please don't make it 1,600 x £25 + £6 XXL's as that's a lot of admin work Wink

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »

The 50 k sponsorship. Is it Any events or is it dtd events only ?

Just me
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »

Hey Mitch

Yep you can play whatever you want, please don't make it 1,600 x £25 + £6 XXL's as that's a lot of admin work Wink

Your sponsorship covers mitch's t shirts? I thought it was just poker comps?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: