blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:29:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2013/14 Ashes thread
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2013/14 Ashes thread  (Read 72238 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 23, 2013, 04:06:14 AM »

Two given up and three passengers who they won't play (Finn, Rankin & Tremlett) means the squad is down to thirteen viable players. That includes Ballance, who hasn't been picked at all so far. Bairstow is an alternative for Prior and won't be played at the same time, so that really means twelve options available.

Treating Prior/Bairstow as one, the twelve options include Ballance, Bresnan and Panasar, so two of those have to play. Stokes obviously keeps his place and there is no choice other than to press on with Pietersen, Anderson, Root, etc.

Will England even be able to field a team for the Fifth Test if anyone else decides they have had enough?

Good fkn riddance imo. Too many players on this tour simply haven't shown the bottle for the fight, can't say the same for the Aussies, who frankly we have made to look far better than they are.

Flowers and co fked up not picking a 2nd wickie with Prior so out of form.

When you got a rookie 22yr old leading the way its time to start again.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 23, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »

There must be a huge behind the scenes story to this English touring side. It's a fkn joke.

Never have I seen such a sorry state of professional sportsmen and so called management. These Aussies will want to totally cream us 5 zip remember.

It's just all shitty Sky Sports filthy money killing another sport really when you think about it. Imagine playing the Ryder Cup 3 months after you just won it?

But I for one will be waking from a slumber on the sofa or bed on Christmas Night to listen to the Boxing Day test first session from that massive ground. I hope we win the toss and walk out, heads held high, and come back in at lunch 68-1.

Not Sky Sports fault - the authorities scheduled a ODI world cup for the next australian summer when the Ashes shoud have taken place.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 25, 2013, 06:48:13 PM »

A little Christmas wish to win the toss, bat , and then bat bat bat........
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 25, 2013, 07:21:50 PM »

There must be a huge behind the scenes story to this English touring side. It's a fkn joke.

Never have I seen such a sorry state of professional sportsmen and so called management. These Aussies will want to totally cream us 5 zip remember.

It's just all shitty Sky Sports filthy money killing another sport really when you think about it. Imagine playing the Ryder Cup 3 months after you just won it?

But I for one will be waking from a slumber on the sofa or bed on Christmas Night to listen to the Boxing Day test first session from that massive ground. I hope we win the toss and walk out, heads held high, and come back in at lunch 68-1.

Not Sky Sports fault - the authorities scheduled a ODI world cup for the next australian summer when the Ashes shoud have taken place.

Hmmm. I would like to have been at that meeting. There were other options available but like most sports they said "ok. How do we get as much as possible out of this"?

They could of played over here again. Then again, who am I to talk. I only got Sky in the first place for this Boxing Day test years ago. Hehe.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 25, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »

What time does it begin, Nick? Sky Sports begin coverage @ 10.30pm, but I don't want to watch 2 hours of build-up blather.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 25, 2013, 07:27:45 PM »

What time does it begin, Nick? Sky Sports begin coverage @ 10.30pm, but I don't want to watch 2 hours of build-up blather.

2330 gmt.

Pity this is a dead rubber, as the Boxing Day test match especially an ashes one is one of the great events of the sporting calendar.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 25, 2013, 07:30:14 PM »

2330 gmt.

Pity this is a dead rubber, as the Boxing Day test match especially an ashes one is one of the great events of the sporting calendar.

Amen to that, always a major event, but a tad hollow this year. Will still watch though, if England can restore some pride & dignity, it'll be worth watching. A lot of reputations need restoring.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:31:48 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 25, 2013, 07:47:53 PM »

Looking forward to this tonight. Will be interesting to see how the England team react to Swann's retirement. Rumours are Bairstow plays instead of Prior.

England can't play as bad as they have for the whole tour, well you'd hope not.

Would be nice for Cook to win the toss and not chase the game.

Positives so far have been Carberry and Stokes. Would love Finn to get a bowl, real wicket taking bowler. I know he goes for a bit, but he's a threat and gets that extra bounce.

Come on boys a bit of pride!
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 25, 2013, 10:52:36 PM »

can we win the toss please?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 25, 2013, 11:17:40 PM »

Clarke's pretty good at calling heads/tails
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 25, 2013, 11:30:09 PM »

as far as im aware we call he flips. Away team always calls i think.

anyway he gave us a bat anyway.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 25, 2013, 11:35:41 PM »

A sign of how badly we are batting: Clarke puts us in at the MCG.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 25, 2013, 11:44:32 PM »

as far as im aware we call he flips. Away team always calls i think.

anyway he gave us a bat anyway.

Yea I meant hes good at winning toss, worded it badly
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 26, 2013, 12:33:13 AM »

England should have a good chance here. Australia have only won three of their last twelve Tests.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 26, 2013, 12:43:08 AM »

England should have a good chance here. Australia have only won three of their last twelve Tests.

We can still win this on away goals right? Only need a win in Sydney or here.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: