blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 08:03:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273399 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver  (Read 61840 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »

Gl in the Prembore, Ant.

At least there's gonna be one manager who's after-match interview on MoTD won't comprise entirely of, "we're taking it one match at a time".

And for those that have never heard Malky in 'full flow'   ...    it's like a high concentrate intravenous dose of Mogadon!

I hope Olly manages to keep 'em up - he'll deserve Manager of the Season with that squad, if he pulls it off.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers Luther.

I will need a fair few games to catch a gist of how we are coping before i lay down any prophecies, but there is something about it being Holloway's second bite at the cherry that fills me with quite a bit of assurance that we are going to have a good go at this and the real possibility of staying up.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:41:07 PM by Ant040689 » Logged
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 10:39:15 PM »

Palace have Gayle bought, we have Jerome Thomas now officially signed. We are probably nearing the end of a deal for Dan Gosling, who i don't know too much about from Newcastle and aside from the above, all of it is rumour for the rest of our links.

The strongest of which is probably our interest in Peter Odemwingie. £2.5m has apparently been offered, and I think he would be a great addition to us if he comes, and think his bad attitude has been outrageously hyped, and hopefully to our advantage if we get him.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 05:36:35 PM »

Seems an exciting one. Apparently we are on the verge of signing the Spanish U-20's Captain from Sevilla, Jose Campana, for £2m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2362872/Crystal-Palace-sign-2m-Jose-Campana-Sevilla.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/palace-complete-campana-deal-925310.aspx
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 01:28:54 AM »

Looks promising, Ant.

Zola's just been 'given' (another) half a dozen decent players - for 'Pozzo Pounds' - who are as good as (if not better) than Palace have signed with all that Prem Wedge     ....       God knows how our owners do it - but their 'operation' produces gem, after gem.

Just as well you got promoted, or Olly might be a tad annoyed, and rather verbose!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 03:44:34 PM »

Lol I don't think he cares too much about Watford at the moment, but yeh I doubt he would have been too happy with goings on there. Even with a spectacular squad it is always going to be difficult to get out of the Championship, being top two isn't easy.

I have bad news.

We are apparently on the verge of signing Carlton Cole.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013, 12:46:59 AM »

Lowdown on Dwight Gayle Chompy?

Is he an out an out striker? Would he be useful playing as a sole striker, can't imagine he is too good in the air? Is he best placed as a part of a two man strikeforce? Can he play in attacking midfield or on the wing?

Really interested to know how best to use him because we just got hammered today by Crawley 3-0 using most of our first team. I think though a lot of that hinges on the lack of presence of Murray and having to re-adjust because of that. We only know 4-5-1 but I imagine he has had to adapt that as Wilbraham is a little useless, so we are all at sea.

Ian Holloway had an interview post match today and he is extremely worried about the lack of potential signings coming through saying all that could have gone wrong, did, and he's apprehensive about the current state of the team.

Looks like we need a target man fast, and Holloway seems grief stricken that the Carlton Cole deal didn't go through. Our board are being extremely prudent on wages, apparently offering no more that £18k a week, which reportedly put off Gosling/Cole/Odemwingie from signing.

I find it hilarious too that Holloway hasn't seriously gone for any defenders whatsoever. Our form was terrible in the back end of last season, so I do wonder how he thinks Gabidon, Delaney and Ramage are going to cut it as Prem centre backs.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2013, 06:58:08 PM »

Really fear for Palace this season Ant.  Just haven't strengthened as I thought they would.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »

We're solid enough across midfield, but we need 2 more defenders and a target man striker, at the very least. Could do with maybe one more winger too. IH is sounding desperate now, and I don't think we will be getting in any sort of top quality before the season starts, might do in January, but I think we will be looking to still be alive by Xmas, with what we currently have. That may involve Wilbraham as well, shoot me now.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2013, 07:01:43 AM »

Exciting if anything comes of it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-join-chase-darren-2124878
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 09:29:39 AM »

Doubt he'll come along for the 18k per week ceiling you mentioned.  He's got to be on 50k/70k or something I reckon?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »

May be the distant possibility that he comes to play as he was born in Tooting and I think has an affinity to Palace, also the knowledge he would be our cast iron number one striker would probably be something Newcastle, the other team interested, couldn't offer in the same way.

Just wouldn't know with the terrible year he had last year what decision he would be capable of to insure he gets solid gametime.

I am weirdly confident we will have one of Carlton Cole, Odemwingie, Chamakh or Darren Bent before the transfer window closes, despite the fact all are on huge wages. I think we will get one of them to cave as the pressure rises for them as the transfer deadline edges closer.

Holloway has mentioned that at least 4 more signings will be happening, too, including loans.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 10:05:32 AM »

Please could Bale do one before the start of the season please, cheers.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »

Heard anything about the interest in Lee Tomlin Ant?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »

Heard anything about the interest in Lee Tomlin Ant?

Nothing at all. Rated him when i watched Palace at ures, but he was chubby, embarrassingly so for a champ footballer. Lovely dribbler though.

Selhurst Park is believed to be about to be renamed the 12Bet stadium. Pretty incredible.

We have also done a medical on Maroune Chamakh, but no news of the sealed deal just yet. I think he could really prosper for us, especially with how we have the potential to really bring the best out of a typical target man.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: