blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:58:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273109 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver  (Read 61461 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2013, 11:18:49 PM »

I'm just messing about Ant, I can't see him going anywhere at all.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2013, 12:05:58 AM »

On top of that, and I know there must be some success stories, but for relegation material teams that have changed their manager 10+ games into a prem season, how many of them have been a success and could you name a few?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2013, 12:24:56 AM »

I'm just messing about Ant, I can't see him going anywhere at all.

Ah wasn't too sure because the Mirror have claimed we want Holloway out and Pardew in.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »

On top of that, and I know there must be some success stories, but for relegation material teams that have changed their manager 10+ games into a prem season, how many of them have been a success and could you name a few?

Used to happen regularly, (eg promoted Man City start under Mel Machin and bring in Howard Kendall).  but since the divide has increased the last one I can remember was West Brom sacking Megson and bringing in Bryan Robson?  I guess you can count Southampton last season, but they weren't in the relegation places when they binned Atkins.

I think Holloway should be left alone though, given that the board aren't backing him really.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »

Jokes palarse fans slating dobbie now.

£1.5m and £15k a week well spent. I did warn you he was fat and useless!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2013, 02:25:57 PM »

Jokes palarse fans slating dobbie now.

£1.5m and £15k a week well spent. I did warn you he was fat and useless!

He's definitely good in the championship. The step up might be too much but we will have to see. He was not at all impressive against Tottenham.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »

About to sign Jimmy Kebe

Well there's some width for you. Obviously Holloway has been complaining about lacking the wingers from last year, so not a surprise to see him bringing wide players in

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2013, 02:52:33 PM »

Great stuff if we buy him as we are so short in that dept. atm. I wouldn't hold my breath though Tighy, we have had Bent and Gosling fall after extensive negotiations. We have a knack for fucking these up.

Bendtner keeps on getting thrown about and that would be interesting too.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:38 PM »

You should be glad you didn't get Gosling, he's absolutely terrible.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2013, 11:06:29 PM »

Bringing Bendtner in to partner Gayle in the centre of defence?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2013, 02:08:54 AM »

Fair play, that helps.

lol.

Do not know whay we bought Gayle and gave you so much money for him to use him like this. I wonder how long it will take for Holloway to use him correctly or is he destined to fail with us, or less likely develop into a great player in a different position.

Apparently we are closing in on William Gallas, who in my head I can only associate with us going down when I think of potential last day imagery, him potentially sitting in the middle of Selhurst park crying that he has ended his career in such a way.

I am more heartened by potential Benayoun signing, and Kebe coming along would add a nice different element to the team. Ultimately, what Holloway does from now until Sunday could mean relegation or survival. Just that one more bright spark to add to what I have already seen from Campana, Chamakh and Puncheon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2404890/Crystal-Palace-close-signing-William-Gallas.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2013, 02:41:24 AM »

Fair play, that helps.

lol.

Do not know whay we bought Gayle and gave you so much money for him to use him like this. I wonder how long it will take for Holloway to use him correctly or is he destined to fail with us, or less likely develop into a great player in a different position.

Apparently we are closing in on William Gallas, who in my head I can only associate with us going down when I think of potential last day imagery, him potentially sitting in the middle of Selhurst park crying that he has ended his career in such a way.

I am more heartened by potential Benayoun signing, and Kebe coming along would add a nice different element to the team. Ultimately, what Holloway does from now until Sunday could mean relegation or survival. Just that one more bright spark to add to what I have already seen from Campana, Chamakh and Puncheon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2404890/Crystal-Palace-close-signing-William-Gallas.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

You've got to love Ant's optimism.

Completely misguided of course, but I admire him greatly.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »

Fair play, that helps.

lol.

You've got to love Ant's optimism.

Completely misguided of course, but I admire him greatly.

Certain you thought my optimism last year was misguided, and look what happened, ha.

Would agree though that talking about players personally, these ones mentioned above, I probably do not know what I am talking about, especially as the guys I have praised have only really played two games for us, and you would probably add that their previous recent output is unworthy of the praise i gave them, but o well i admit I am jumping the gun and could be wrong.

You are right about my optimism about the Palace, I cannot be anything but, even when I make out I am not happy!

Sky Sports News, have just confirmed that Holloway has said he has met with Gallas, but they differ too greatly in wage demands and the deal is unlikely to happen. Holloway did say though that Jimmy Kebe is likely to be a done deal.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2013, 03:08:13 PM »

i respectfully disagree

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2013, 06:00:25 PM »

i respectfully disagree

Not really sure how you can ?

He is terrible, I know nobody that doesn't think the same, and the fact we tried to get rid of him for a bowl means the club clearly thinks the same.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: