blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:03:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273109 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver  (Read 61463 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »

Speroni in for Vorm for me.

Jedinak perhaps in the middle, but definitely in the 25. Williams would actually suit Swansea down to a tee with his style and would be in the squad. Bolasie probably gets in their squad as I think he is better, or potentially so, well we will see, than Nathan Dyer. Across the back you keep Swansea's back line. Up front you keep Michu and Bony over what we have.

A lot of that is not the most well advised as i don't really know what their subs are like.

I rate Speroni pretty highly but I'm afraid it's LOL that he's better than Vorm. Arsenal were rumored to be interested in the Swansea keeper.

Bolaise is not better than Dyer mate.

Jedinak would definitely make their 25, very doubtful he'd be first choice.

Williams has potential for sure, but he's no where near the finished article.

I think Speroni and Jedinak are the only two who'd make the Swansea 25 and neither would be first choice.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 04, 2013, 07:47:08 PM »

Not much between Vorm and Speroni for me be happy with either

Dyer miles clear of Bolaise

Really like Jedinak he has that rare knack of pretty much always trying an attacking pass something i had not noticed in his game a while back. Looks massively improved
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 04, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »

Admit Bolasie bias. And also admitted not knowing the Swansea squad as well as I should.

On the Bolasie front though, there may be a case of people not seeing enough of him. He is great. I haven't seen enough of Dyer to make the comparison, but to suggest he is miles better than Bolasie is probably wrong, only my opinion of course and as I have admitted it is biased.

If you guys can't watch the lot, watch between 3.47-4.25.

And I would be an eejit not to include this assist that paved the way to the Prem for us, what a cross for the first goal.

He has great, awkward, bundling flair, has an awesome cross on him and he is just lacking with his finish, but the most exciting player we have in our squad by a mile.

He also videotaped this, what is there not to like?

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 04, 2013, 08:56:40 PM »

Palarse bid for FOUR of our players on Monday.

Incredible.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2013, 04:02:12 AM »

Palarse bid for FOUR of our players on Monday.

Incredible.

Surely a compliment that a club of Palace's premierleague stature would find four of your players worthy of making the step up?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »

The Palace squad is miles better than some I could name that finished with well under 25 points

Ipsiwch, Derby, my Leicester side of 94-95, Barnsley, Swindon. All never had a hope, and none invested to the extent that Palace have just done. Not going to get players of the next level up to go to Palace anyway, to the extent that Caridff say have got Caulker, Medel etc thats a step above and to do with wages, Malaysian backing etc

I think they will go, but probably on c30-34 points which means they will be nowhere near "terrible" "worst squad ever"

Think one of the Watford premiership squads was worse than that as well (The Taylor one about 12 years back).  It does feel like the average standard of permier squad is better (certainly in depth) than it was back a few years ago.  So perhaps the Palace squad might be the worst relative to their divisional rivals we have seen?  Especially when Hull and Cardiff seem to have strengthened well.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »

We may have one of the most aggressive training sessions in the prem.

In recent weeks, Bolasie, Thomas, Hunt, Ward all have had serious injuries from training with us alone. 4 guys from training inside a month?! WTF is going on in these things!

It is painful as Ward was our standout player in our first three games at right back, and the guy we brought in for competition for that position also goes down with an injury, Hunt, so we are going to be exposed with whoever we put there. I am going to assume it is Mariappa, as I have heard he can play there, maybe DungBeetle can help me out with that one?

It broke my heart when Bolasie went out injured at the start of the season, I think if he hadn't we wouldn't have bought nearly as many forwards as we did, I think Holloway went a little ott.

Holloway has been quoted he is going to be going for it at Old Trafford and thinks a win is a possibility, probably trying his own form of psyching out, and I guess he sees the opportunity with them not having a great start and there being so much change there. Annoying Zaha may figure here too, I really hope there is a way back for him playing for us in January.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2013, 02:45:37 PM »

What on earth went on with that French full back?  Must be more to it, but according tot the Mail Holloway specifically bought him 2 weeks ago and now has said he has no future at the club because he has no pace.  Makes Holloway sound like an idiot.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »

What on earth went on with that French full back?  Must be more to it, but according tot the Mail Holloway specifically bought him 2 weeks ago and now has said he has no future at the club because he has no pace.  Makes Holloway sound like an idiot.

He was cover at LB when we didn't really need it as Parr is coming back now. He was bought in a rush and without knowing too much about him obviously because Holloway doesn't rate him at all, and I think can be seen as a panic buy gone wrong. He would have featured in the 25 if we didn't buy Mariappa, but you have to be wondering why we bought him in the first place.

There has been an apology, apparently, and we are looking to offload him on loan as soon as possible, as well as our other players that didn't make the cut, Dobbie and Garvan being the pick of the outcasts.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2013, 02:55:29 PM »

Holloway really does not help himself at times

Surely they would have been aware of his pace before the signing?

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2013, 02:56:19 PM »

I am not aware of Holloway having a go at his pace specifically Dung?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »

Amateur!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »

'It’s as simple as that. I needed some pace in that backline and he hasn’t got it.
'We brought him in during pre-season, I have had a look at his record and thought he would be fine, but in two games he didn’t look quick enough. If he doesn’t like it, I can’t help that."

Must be a great scouting network!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2013, 03:44:10 PM »

'It’s as simple as that. I needed some pace in that backline and he hasn’t got it.
'We brought him in during pre-season, I have had a look at his record and thought he would be fine, but in two games he didn’t look quick enough. If he doesn’t like it, I can’t help that."

Must be a great scouting network!

On that basis, that is some shoddy work. I think we would be good in getting rid of him and Garvan to help with morale.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »

How did he determine his pace from looking at his record?

Press would be having a field day if a Di Canio said something similar
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: