blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:35:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273104 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver  (Read 61451 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 20, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »

chamakh for good

Very clever.

But the guy might be the worst singer I have ever heard.

Why didn't he get Any to sing it?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2014, 10:10:25 PM »

I actually posted that youtube link on this thread and on tips for tikay, but I was ignored lol. While I might have Horseplayer and Camel with me here...

What makes Palace to be in the top ten at 50/1 such a bad bet when the next worst is at 33/1? 4 points difference from tenth as it stands. Post Holloway, Palace have played 14 got 17 points. At that rate from where we are that might be enough to get tenth. Of course it is about maintaining that rate or even bettering it, from what Pulis has been working with it is amazing.

But anyway back to the point, is that value or not?

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 28, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »

Tonight's game against Hull is huge.

Think a win may set a precedent that will be carried on into the next huge home fixture against West Brom. Want something to click up front so desperately it is unreal. If it does I will be over the moon as we may reel away from the bottom chasing pack, but as this is Palace, I really shouldn't be expecting something that huge, especially as we still are favourites to go down!

I have a ticket for the game tonight too. If anyone wants me on scouting watch of any of the Hull players lemme know and I will give my opinion. I am going to have my eye on McGregor and Huddlestone. Not sure if either are as good as they are hyped up to be, but perhaps they get outclassed only against top oppo and shine a lot more against the likes of Palace. I shall see.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 28, 2014, 02:50:43 PM »

would be interested about Alex Bruce

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 28, 2014, 03:01:33 PM »

would be interested about Alex Bruce

Nice one will do.

Shame about Cabaye, he ripped us a new one at Selhurst recently.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 28, 2014, 04:48:54 PM »

Pissing it down in South London atm, Palace were nowhere near as solid in similar conditions against Norwich and Newcastle, but with those it was devilishly windy where today it is pretty mild. Perhaps soggy conditions underneath doesn't bode well for Palace at Selhurst. Maybe I need to stop trying to make excuses for potential dropped points. Meh.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 28, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »

I root for Palace most of the time, because I know you love the game, Ant... However, tonight it's my pocket, and I have to go with the Tigerssssssss!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 28, 2014, 06:01:56 PM »

I root for Palace most of the time, because I know you love the game, Ant... However, tonight it's my pocket, and I have to go with the Tigerssssssss!

You've broken my heart. Cheesy

What bet are you on where you need the tigers to win? Is it the season long Fred bet for Hull to be the top promoted side?
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »

I hate Palace. I never used too, but i cant stand them anymore. Great recover from you bastards now. You're not a prem team but you'll probably be there instead of the hammers next year:(

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 28, 2014, 11:04:26 PM »

You've broken my heart. Cheesy

What bet are you on where you need the tigers to win? Is it the season long Fred bet for Hull to be the top promoted side?

I'm on Hull +49, so that wasn't quite what the doctor ordered...

Still, if West Ham finish bottom my massive odds bingo trixie is live!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 30, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »

I hate Palace. I never used too, but i cant stand them anymore. Great recover from you bastards now. You're not a prem team but you'll probably be there instead of the hammers next year:(

You really don't care about filtering your dislike for Palace do you? Smiley

I think Cardiff and Stoke are going down and then not sure about the other one, but with the Hammers performance yesterday, I think you can make a rise out of it. Games won't be as tough as that obv and Carroll may become more deadly. Have you got all your players back fit in defense that made it such a shambles recently before Chelsea?

I think whoever goes down will be contesting their place until very late on in the season. Obv Palace could be put right back into it, no delusions there, especially with the potential no points this weekend away to Arsenal.

Hull game was a real scrappy affair where we edged our chance, sat back and made it incredibly tough for them to score, and Jerome up front did well to get us further up the pitch with flick ons and his pace, but aside from Puncheon no-one really looked capable of scoring for us yesterday.

It is an incredible 15 goals scored all season, and for our position that is impressive. Means those clean sheets have really given us a chance. Just need to be supporting Puncheon more in the goal threat department and it is very odd indeed that I look at Jerome, think he has had a good game but he posed no goal threat whatsoever. Just how Pulis sets up that makes that possible. It is a shame Bolasie can't shoot for toffee, i think his ratio at one point last season was 2 goals in 50 shots as he and Punch are the ones getting the opportunities to strike.

I hope Jerome finds some form with us because his work rate has been pretty good and if he could just get on the score sheet more often it would ease the load on Puncheon and the rest of the team who have to try and heroically defend for 90 mins every single game. As Pulis has said before, every game for us is a cup final now and you can see it in the players that that is how they are treating these games which is always going to go down well with the fans.

Can't see many fans being annoyed by the tactics of Pulis when they are so successful, and until our squad dramatically improves I wouldn't want anything changing about it!

Up Pulis' Palace!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 30, 2014, 05:38:32 AM »

Found myself disagreeing with the MOTD pundits again and this time it was with their view that Rose's tackle on Dzeko was not a penalty but it so clearly was. Rose connects with Dzeko's back leg before getting the ball and thought that was some ballsy, top notch officiating from the linesman that could have easily have kept quiet and not put himself up there to be shot at.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 31, 2014, 09:34:12 AM »

‏@BeardedGenius
Crystal Palace have yet to confirm any transfer news. Typical - you give them an Ince and they take a while.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 31, 2014, 11:37:54 AM »

Go on Rene, sign them up!!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 31, 2014, 11:39:31 AM »

‏@BeardedGenius
Crystal Palace have yet to confirm any transfer news. Typical - you give them an Ince and they take a while.

Brilliant.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: