blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:58:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Pocket Queens:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pocket Queens:  (Read 114503 times)
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2015, 08:12:31 PM »

GREAT result today for your team. Makes me smile the way 'smaller' teams like yours and mine can beat the 'bigger' teams sometimes. Like poker, anything can happen. Even better when you can shut their fans up too...well done.

Life has no rebuy options
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2015, 10:34:49 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »

Boyd's strike was akin to a mediocre poker player somehow luckboxing their way to the Roller one week; he won't hit a ball like that again, just like the mediocre Roller winner won't ever get close to a similar result!

I believe that's our first defeat at Burnley since Maxally was a strapping young teen, 1974 Sad fully deserved for your boys though, puts us out of our title misery and could be the final nail in MP's coffin.

Better stay up now! Want to see the southern teams drop down, fixtures like Turf Moor will hopefully be an annual event.

Enjoy Malta Smiley

Best Bitter.
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2015, 08:41:16 AM »

Boyd's strike was akin to a mediocre poker player somehow luckboxing their way to the Roller one week; he won't hit a ball like that again, just like the mediocre Roller winner won't ever get close to a similar result!

"Can we play you every week ... Caaaaaaan we play you every week " 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2015, 03:49:03 PM »

"Can we play you every week ... Caaaaaaan we play you every week " 

I'd genuinely rather play Chelsea every week! Sad

Best Bitter.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2015, 09:47:21 PM »

I'd genuinely rather play Chelsea every week! Sad
[/quote]

U must love getting beat every week! ;-)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2015, 09:48:14 PM »

Chelsea Fan Turned Burnley fan on the weekend. Thanks for the result!
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »

"So, Maltesers are like totally the national dish right?" Every wannabe comedian ever.

Bonjour, and welcome to a rather pleasant Malta. The sun is shining, the days are bright and there's a mind and soul cleansing sea breeze lapping the island. And I know two Bromleys whose minds need sandblasting!

It was an early start for the inhabitants of Pocket Queens HQ. After a late night in the office on Thursday, we had to then undertake an excruciating drive to London, thanks to the incapability of North West airports to schedule convenient flights. It was 2am by the time we hit Gatwick, and at 5am we were here:

Still, an early flight meant that we had the whole day to ourselves before we hit the Malta Cup at 8pm.

Our home for this trip is the rather delightful Corinthia in St George's Bay:

When we arrived at the hotel, we were met by the concierge who excitedly announced that we'd been upgraded to a one-bedroom suite. Result. I was just pondering this development and debating whether we'd just used up all of our run-good for the trip, when the Boy leant over and whispered in my ear "So why weren't we already in a suite?". Seriously?! I fear my position as 'Director of Travel' may be in jeopardy.

We spent the day chilling in the jacuzzi, strolling leisurely along the coast and gazing from our balcony out to sea

The poker news isn't great so far, as I'm sad to report that your Belle bust Day 1 of the Malta Cup. Which means that, depressingly, I'll probably be in the Ladies tomorrow (sigh). At the time of going to print, the Boy is still in the Malta Cup so we're hoping for one Day 2 between us. Although I warn you, if he gets a Maltese flag and I don't then I will be sulking!

Sleep well comrades. And send an army of run-good vibes.

B
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:29:58 AM by DingleBelle » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2015, 07:36:24 AM »

Hope you both enjoy Malta.

Plenty of faces there you should recognize, including Alex Goulder, & RyRy Spittles.

What dates you two going to Vegas?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2015, 10:56:37 AM »

^^ Vegas ^^

Need to book this when we get back, but initial plan is to fly out around 6th of June and stay for the first two weeks of June? I think we land just in time for the Monster Stack! I'll pm you when I get the flights sorted.

B
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2015, 01:19:35 PM »

I think you are due a result...good luck (to both Broms) in Malta. A lovely place I remember vividly from a holiday from childhood.

DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2015, 07:45:58 PM »

"Daddy, I want a trained Squirrel" Veruca Salt

Or, translated into the language of Pocket Queens HQ, "Adam, I want a trophy for my birthday".

I wasn't ready to stop playing today. But apparently when you have no chips left, they make you leave the table. Rude. I did decide to play today; I dropped the attitude and entered the EPT Women's Event. Played okay. Made a few mistakes. Then bust. This was the only sort of trophy I managed to get today.

To make matters worse, the Boy made Day 2 of the Malta Cup. He's in decent shape, so barring any mishap or cooler he should get a cash. And a Maltese flag. Fml obvs.

Not sure what I'm going to do with myself for the rest of the day. Hard work when the Poker Gods stagger your games as it does mean you spend a lot of time apart.

Nice problem to have though, eh?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 07:47:49 PM by DingleBelle » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2015, 07:48:07 PM »

Wish Adam luck from me, please, Natterley.

Do you get the English football results out there? If not, just say, always happy to help.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:05 PM »

"It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to..." Lesley Gore

You've got to hand it to Poker Stars. They really know how to look after the little guys. I mean, what other global brand would throw a party on a Saturday night in the Med with a free bar and a great in honour of your birthday? I feel so special. I mean, apparently a few people are saying that the party was actually the EPT Players Party and was nothing to do with my birthday, but they're lying.

I'm not gonna lie, said party got a little more out of hand than was expected. We didn't arrive until around 11:30pm and by that time all the sober peoples had vanished. And somehow the Boy and I ended up partying with young Alex Spencer and his friends. I have a pre-shooter selfie on my phone that's probably the last coherent memory of the night. Shortly after having to administer first aid to one fellow who took a nasty tumble into some broken glass. One of those nights...

Shocking behaviour, I know.

Earlier on in the evening, way before a B52 became a permanent fixture in my hand, I joined the Helping Hands charity tournament that had been put together to raise money for the Right to Play charity. An invitation only tournament (I blagged my way in!), featuringTeam Pro, WSOP bracelet winners and dignitaries from the Maltese business and political world, it raised €15k.

And we had British success in it, as the lovely Sin Melin Took home the trophy.

And I'm pleased to report that the Boy did indeed cash in the Malta Cup. Which means he has a Maltese Flag. Which I'm super annoyed at (okay, okay, I'm proud too). Still, it does mean we'll have to come back to this really beautiful island at some point, so I can get one too!
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2015, 03:37:23 PM »

Happy Birthday Natalie x  Sounds like you are having fun out there, even if the results are not forthcoming. You are due one soon.....

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: