blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:58:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  A Fool And His Money...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Fool And His Money...  (Read 47787 times)
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2013, 01:06:11 AM »

Just caught up with this Diary, makes an interesting read... Personally I think the move back to Boston is a good thing.  Gives you an opportunity to get yourself together and work out what's important, seems like you're in-between wanting to be successful in business and successful at poker, there's nothing stopping you from being both, but one before the other...

Anyway... GL

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »

Something that readers don't want to know maybe had happened to this kid ! Why why why ? Have u lost Internet connection or done thing people don't like it ? Post post post
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: October 05, 2013, 12:25:26 AM »

Just caught up with this Diary, makes an interesting read... Personally I think the move back to Boston is a good thing.  Gives you an opportunity to get yourself together and work out what's important, seems like you're in-between wanting to be successful in business and successful at poker, there's nothing stopping you from being both, but one before the other...

Anyway... GL

Definitely agree with this and am trying to find that balance between business and poker. Spent most of last week in Boston and although I enjoy the buzz of being in the office, attending board meetings and getting involved in the decision making process of big projects & contracts, I do miss the social side that poker has to offer and in general miss a lot of my mates in notts both in and out of poker.

Have been back in Nottingham for quite a chunk of this week and have been trying to cut down how much time I actually play poker by doing shorter sessions and having more of a normal sleeping pattern so that I can work more effectively from wherever I'm residing. Used some of my 'Club Carlson' points to have a few nights at the Park Plaza whilst my mate who I've been staying with recently had family over. Whilst there they generously upgraded me to the Presidential Suite which includes champagne and complimentary chocolates Smiley I do love hotels and in a lot of ways would love to live in them permanently but from now on am trying to cut these areas of spew out of my life and minimise my monthly outgoings. Am getting slightly better but still find myself slipping back and eating out loads/having nights out/travelling first class rather than standard when on trains Cheesy

Have played poker 3 nights this week and have had 1 good winning session, 1 break even session and tonights losing session. Am being more sensible in terms of BRM atm and playing in less fun games that are going to be more profitable in the long run than in games with great banter but where I'm going to have a smaller edge or even no edge on the table. Tanking the deepstack tomorrow but am pretty tempted to just take advantage of the cash games on offer this weekend instead. Will see how I feel tomorrow.
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »

Played a 14 hour session yesterday which was my longest in a while. Cash games have been great this weekend so tried to take advantage of it by doing longer sessions as it's usually hard to get a 1/2 going at all let alone a full ring deep game that runs all night. Managed to lock up a decent win which was most appreciated after a rather disappointing weekend both in the Deepstack and on cash.

Was constantly battling with Mitch all night for chips and despite him constantly getting there in ridiculous fashion as always, I managed to win a reasonable pot at the end of the night with  on  vs what I can only assume was  . By the end of the night the game got pretty ridic with every pot being straddled for £16 and there being about 200 in pre which lead to some pretty fun punting by some Cheesy

Bit of a nightmare last night when I turn up to the Lace Market Hotel at 4 in the morning and the whole place is locked up with no one answering the door bell or phone. Was outside for what seemed like ages before ending up checking in at the Mercure. For what is supposed to be one of Nottinghams best hotels, I thought this was pretty poor and definitely won't be booking there again!

Heading back to Boston today for a day or two and then meeting with some customers in Derby on Wednesday for a potential new web development project I might be working on. Hopefully back to Notts for the weekend to try and win some more monies!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »

Any big tournament wins recently you'd like to tell the fans about?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2013, 04:25:05 PM »

Any big tournament wins recently you'd like to tell the fans about?

Funny you should say that mate Wink

Played the trial run of the OFC comp at Grosvenor last night which managed to get 4 tables and actually went pretty smoothly. We ran into a few issues which need to be ironed out before next week but other than that it went really well!

Obviously the biggest punter there managed to take it down Cheesy

Looking forward to next week's OFC comp which will be a £25+4 buyin with an unconfirmed free paella! Hope to see some of you down there but if none of you could none of you bum hunt me into playing for cash, that would be great Cheesy
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2013, 04:45:53 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Fred wise for his fans

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: October 25, 2013, 05:49:23 AM »

Was nice to see you tonight mate, despite your intoxication Wink

Good luck trying to get with that girl although I think learning her name first might be the best way forward...
Matryoshka
« Reply #218 on: October 25, 2013, 08:23:12 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Fred wise for his fans

Red color phone, pink chips... What's next, baby? Lipstick in your pocket? 
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: October 25, 2013, 08:24:30 AM »

The older I get, the better I was.
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 25, 2013, 11:05:28 AM »

One question. Where is the rest of your stack in that photo?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 25, 2013, 02:00:13 PM »

How come these games run t grosvenor and not Dtd?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »

Fred wise for his fans

Red color phone, pink chips... What's next, baby? Lipstick in your pocket? 

Sorry baby, i'll make sure I only get the red and black chips next time, like a real man Wink

One question. Where is the rest of your stack in that photo?

It may have looked small Neil but was made up of the larger chip denominations! Cheesy

How come these games run t grosvenor and not Dtd?

We were at DTD earlier in the night but the games there usually start early and finish early whereas the Grosvenor games go on til 9 in the morning sometimes.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2013, 12:45:07 AM »

Make sure you find me in the island of men, I will buy you a half  Tongue
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2013, 12:47:34 AM »

Make sure you find me in the island of men, I will buy you a half  Tongue

Think we might be going to different places mate? Wink
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »