blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:48:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  M's Dead Baby...M's Dead...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: M's Dead Baby...M's Dead...  (Read 4088 times)
jjandellis
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:34:16 PM »

A few years ago everybody spoke of their stack size and shoving ranges in terms of M, as popularised by Dan Harrington.

It seems now that lots of recs and pros alike now speak in terms of Bb's; so do seemingly all training vids and books.  I must admit Ive always used M...and find myself doing conversions in my head when in hand discussions!!! Kinda frustrating and mentally taxing in breaks n chillout time lol

So is it now generally accepted that M is irrelevant...and its easier to talk in terms of bb (assuming antes are 12.5%)? Or is there still a place for M?
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 11:08:58 PM »

It is still relevant

Just a lot easier to assume antes of a standard size because can fit a lot more detail into shoving charts 5bb-20bb in size when the same amount of chips would only be 2-8M.

Easiest to have a quick glance at 11bb rather than guess between 4 and 5M

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 11:47:02 PM »

Very much still relevant, just as with a lot of things in poker the terminology has evolved.

In fact a lot of people make mistakes as they just think in terms of bbs and don't adjust to how relatively big the antes are (or adjust from no antes).

Hyper turbo mtts are stars are an example of this where the antes are significantly bigger than standard mtts yet in my experience even a lot solid regs don't adjust their ranges to take this account.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:51:13 PM »

Although M is still relevant, the push fold charts I had we're always for no ante, 10% ante, 12.5% ante and 20% ante.  So I think in terms of bb / x ante.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: