blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Genting Edinburgh Mini Festival - Done my conkers staking request
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Genting Edinburgh Mini Festival - Done my conkers staking request  (Read 6005 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 12:20:26 AM »

0BB sorry team, will report tomorrow, after anti crushing a cash game
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 01:28:55 AM »

We did not take a second bullet, you will all be pleased to hear!

Brief report, we got put on a table with Davie Doran who loves blind flips and was 20x ing pre at 25/50, sat down, opened AJ to 125, got smoothed in seat 1, Davie makes it 1000, we fold, to be honest we could just LOL 4b as we are good 99% of time, but its a 60/40 for staclk in hand 1 but with the smooth behind from a very capable player I am concerned of a retrap.  I am quite right, and he managed to get Davie all in with AK, Davie holding Q2, for 15k, unfortunately he has not added on yet (we have) and therefore is back in with 15000, I am more than happy mixing it with maniacs, but when staked and on a 1 bullet strategy, I really didnt want to do our cash in 2 hands unless we have him coffined.  Very similar we get QQ and open, Davie only calls (after doubling twice), we get an Ax7 flop, and end get donk led into by AN other player, just let it go again, and Davie somehow had 77 to double again through AK, lucky Ace as we would be slamming them in vs Davie.  Hard to describe how mental this table was for the 10 minutes I was on it but it was pretty ugly.

We get moved and get a reasonable table, quickly find travelling player to my right is LOL bad, one Glasgow cash game pro, multi tabling with a 1/3 cash game and some locals we know.  Then Deano Supermo gets thrown in, although he tends to sleep pre antes.  Very few hands of note to be fair.  We have 76 versus LOL bad player, call down 3 streets, on a K7228 board and are good versus what I can only guess was the square route of zero.  Suddenly up to 35k and feeling happy in and around level 4, having gone from 18-22k pretty constantly for a few hours.  very next hand we get two limps with QQ, we make it 1900 at 200/400, due to the limps, and get the old New York back raise from 2nd limped (Mr LOL bad) to 4000, we pull back our 1900 and put in 10k, he has about 15k, he dwell shoves with 66 and turns a 6.....pretty pivotal moment as that would have been 55k, well above average and comfortable, as it was we have 20k and Deano Supremo about to switch to ante hoover mode.  Not ashamed to admit for the next hour we got beaten up pretty bad, 3b when at the bottom of our raising range way too much, in hindsite should have 4b shoved at least once, as the 3b range is so wide.

We fall to 10bb, after doubling up through LOL bad guy who shoves his 10k into our 10k when we have cowboys, we then fall back to 10BB after defending Ax suited, to a late minraise, calling street one with a draw, then barrelling 2 and 3 to a check.  We should have shoved river, hero had AK and owened our soul with a better A high.  We are back at 10BB get one shove through with QJ before we shoved KQ of Parsley over a min open and call, good spot, and good hand, as there is perceived extra dead money, original raiser folds and unfortunately flat caller is at the top of his smoothing range with the fuck my life tastic AQ, we dont win!

Sorry for not being able to push the sweat, I tried like a bear, a very very timid bear without a 4b button, but a bear none the less, we also failed to hit 5 on roulette, anyone who wanted a piece of that action 10% of my efforts costs £10, which is not too bad, was fairly reserved.

For Tonytats, I would have graciously accepted your offer (good swerve) but due to the Davie Doran situation, I did not want to accept then bust 4 minutes later and have after timing issues, had it not been for that you would have been kindly accepted into this lovely little team of ours.  Tomson, I will buy you curtains to make up for this cruel injustice, thankfully did not finish 6th so you cant kick me in nuts (with permission)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:33:09 AM by OverTheBorder » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: