blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:50:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Joshua Tyler hacking scandal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joshua Tyler hacking scandal  (Read 32566 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 10:45:03 PM »

he hasnt stayed at my house but i'm sure that somebody must have hacked my account as i lose everytime i play HU cash.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 02:43:58 AM »

WCG Grinder seems to do some serious back peddling...

Several weekends later, Josh asked if he could spend the weekend at my house on his trip to Vegas.

The rest of my roommates also play online poker for a living. A few days after Joshua left, one of them lost something to the tune of 13 buyins to a 1 tabling fish, playing the same style.

During these losses, we were also undergoing some internet stability issues at my house.

The question...why are you playing pokerstars in Vegas went unanswered for sometime, until it is similarly broached again later by someone else...

WCG eventually replies...

At no point in this story did i play a hand of poker on pokerstars while being in Las Vegas.

BULL$HIT!

Pokerstars should be looking into this guy too IMO

I'm sure the Feds would be interested...

Why on earth do you think that the Feds would be interested in a couple of people playing poker using VPN's?  It pisses me off no end when people get on their high horse about this stuff.  Stars have to follow the rules to not be in breach but why would any individuals want Stars to look into others for playing poker.  The law that stops people playing online poker in the States is an absolute travesty.  Why would any poker player incite a site to look into another for simply playing poker?  It baffles me.....its like grassing up a fellow drinker for having a pint in Saudi Arabia or something.

railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 03:34:19 AM »

WCG Grinder seems to do some serious back peddling...

Several weekends later, Josh asked if he could spend the weekend at my house on his trip to Vegas.

The rest of my roommates also play online poker for a living. A few days after Joshua left, one of them lost something to the tune of 13 buyins to a 1 tabling fish, playing the same style.

During these losses, we were also undergoing some internet stability issues at my house.

The question...why are you playing pokerstars in Vegas went unanswered for sometime, until it is similarly broached again later by someone else...

WCG eventually replies...

At no point in this story did i play a hand of poker on pokerstars while being in Las Vegas.

BULL$HIT!

Pokerstars should be looking into this guy too IMO

I'm sure the Feds would be interested...

FWIW, last year, WCG was at my starting table in wsop main. He arrived slightly late looking somewhat flustered, drinking coffee. The conversation between him and a guy to his left soon got onto the issue of online poker, the DOJ etc etc, and WCG was quite proudly telling the table that he had won $30k that morning vs a "reg fish" playing 50/100 and this was why he was a little late. Someone questioned how he managed that, and he said something along the lines of "well I didn't go to Canada and back". So im sure it doesn't bother him that people know he is playing stars from the US.
@redarmi, I disagree with you somewhat. Although not on the same scale as what this josh guy has allegedly done, IF WCG is playing from the US then he is in clear violation of the sites policies and im sure he would be banned if stars found out. Our feelings about the law on online poker in the US are irrelevant imo.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 04:06:54 AM »

Sighhhhhhhh
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 06:02:53 AM »

Only read the op of that thread but I can assume he had been withdrawing a ton to have only left 35k in his account? Wonder what that predicted amount is?

Also was it the same account used to abuse other players? If so why is it that thus guy gets all the funds only? Seems like he is being rewarded for being inquisitive.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 06:12:33 AM »

Stars are pretty good at detecting people playing from USA

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 07:27:37 AM »

I he that goofy lad that was on tv around 2009 with a shark and protector?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 08:11:49 AM »

While I'm not entirely against US players playing on VPNs in the states (I'm not for either, just indifferent) - it would be funny if the outcome of the naming and shaming thread on 2+2 resulted in the OP getting banned for using a VPN.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 08:13:41 AM »

Is WCRider the geezer who played the WSOP Women's tournament?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 12:38:48 PM »

Is WCRider the geezer who played the WSOP Women's tournament?

Yh
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »

Stars are pretty good at detecting people playing from USA

Nah people are pretty good at hiding it now, loads of regs are playing from there

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »

FWIW, last year, WCG was at my starting table in wsop main. He arrived slightly late looking somewhat flustered, drinking coffee. The conversation between him and a guy to his left soon got onto the issue of online poker, the DOJ etc etc, and WCG was quite proudly telling the table that he had won $30k that morning vs a "reg fish" playing 50/100 and this was why he was a little late. Someone questioned how he managed that, and he said something along the lines of "well I didn't go to Canada and back". So im sure it doesn't bother him that people know he is playing stars from the US.
@redarmi, I disagree with you somewhat. Although not on the same scale as what this josh guy has allegedly done, IF WCG is playing from the US then he is in clear violation of the sites policies and im sure he would be banned if stars found out. Our feelings about the law on online poker in the US are irrelevant imo.

Sounds like you have strong opinions about this and about integrity in the game. Where do you stand on the issue of multi accounting by playing on someone elses Stars account. Should people be banned for this too?
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 01:58:34 PM »

Sounds like you have strong opinions about this and about integrity in the game. Where do you stand on the issue of multi accounting by playing on someone elses Stars account. Should people be banned for this too?

Ah yh nice comment I see what u did there, cos im currently banned on stars right, (although not in ANYWAY because of multi accounting).
And Id hardly say I had strong opinions lol, was just a brief encounter with the victim.
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 03:41:47 AM »

ha, not gona bite ;-)

this was kinda interesting http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/unconfirmed-claim-russian-forum-pokerstars-superusers-pre-determined-tournament-winners-1359150/
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 04:19:34 PM »

Got to page 10, got bored...cliffs on p10 - 22?? Anything happen or just more of the usual 2p2 dumb cr@p?

My 2+2 --> Edit options -- > Show 100 posts per page

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: