blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live 1-2 River Spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live 1-2 River Spot  (Read 1017 times)
PutYouOnAK/AQ

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2013, 04:42:36 AM »

Villain is Kurt from DTD many of you will know him.  Previously I floated a flop of k10 6 rainbow, barrelled an A turn and an A river and Kurt folded the river.  (my hand is irrelevant in this pot but this is our history) I'm aware Kurt is quite solid but I'm not aware what his 3bettng range is from the small especially vs Tim....anyway

The Hand
Tim Chung opens to 10 over a limper, button calls and Kurt 3bets to 31 from the SB.  We're sitting in the big blind with  and we peel as do the other 2 players.

Flop    Pot 124
Kurt Cbets 47 and we flat the other 2 fold.
Turn  Two Diamonds Pot 218
Kurt checks and we bet 77 (purely for pot control as we can still be losing here and tons of crap rivers for us) Kurt calls.
River  Pot 372
Kurt checks......we?Huh?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »

Stacks pre?

Either 4/call or 4/fold don't call.

If he's spewy then be happy to get it in way good. If he's bad then be happy for him to call a bad range oop.

If he's bad face up then its find to get information, don't listen to deuces cracked!

If Tim does anything, keep clicking.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
PutYouOnAK/AQ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 05:10:40 AM »

I'm playing 750 he has covered, isn't this too deep to be 4 betting, im assuming he has a tight range here?

As played what would you do on river Pleno?

Lol Tim loves it!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 07:37:14 AM »

He's deep so will call you wider

"Ah I'm proper deep a can def call a 4bet, mint price" syndrome.

It's one of th big leak of live cash game players IMO they think they are v good but whole strategy is to cooler people. Only merits to calling would be. To set over set people multiway. But guess I've just flopped so few sets in 2013 that I prefer taking an immediate value line.

He will also think you're getting frisky but still never 5bet bluff you, thus make a passive adjustment, beautiful.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 01:26:49 PM »

4b pre, your cal will encourage a multiway deep spot oop v wide ranges. Go from there, dont know villain but can expect him to almost never 5b bluff or worse for value so likely folding, knowing villain as well as you do should make this decision easier.
PutYouOnAK/AQ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »

Ok, but how about the river?Huh???
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 01:41:27 AM »

bettin £77 OTT  IP for pot control is a really bad idea, if you wanna pot control, check back, if you wanna protect your hand, bet bigger, this £77 bet seems to do nothing, personally I like the idea of a bigger bet/fold, £150 or something, he'll prolly call AK/AQ/AJ with , defo call AT and JJ and unlikely to ship it in, if he does then his range is ahead of QQ no club so i think you can fold happily, he cant go ballistic at you here as you have flushes in your range as your PF over-calling range will be pairs and suited cards always (KQcc AQcc AKcc, can even have KK and AA with the club) as played I think i'd check the river back now cant see much calling aside from AT or JJ and he coudl have KK/AA I guess, and might even have TT so not much value to betting now imo.

I think it's a slam dunk 4b/call PF btw, aggressive DTD games where people are not shy about PF bluffing so people arent scrd to stack off AK/JJ PF evn 700 deep at 1/2. If you think Kurt;s really tight and your image is very snug then 4/folding seems like an alrite option but from what I know of Kurt and assuming you look like you've got a move or two in your arsenal I think its a v straight forward 4b/click till its in spot. Agree with Pads overcalling seems a bit budget as your range is very strong, least when you 4b you can have a "light" range.

gouty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 02:31:31 AM »

You have all gone mental or I am having a whitey.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 02:40:23 AM »

You have all gone mental or I am having a whitey.

Both options seems perfectly viable Tongue

What do you think is the most mental thing ITT ?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: