blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand Analysis/Coaching
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand Analysis/Coaching  (Read 4637 times)
Flash92

onesickhunt.com

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »

Hello,

I've not posted too much here which I'm really annoyed about. There are some great players posting on these forums and I am not making the most of the UK Poker talent around me.

I'm 21. I've been playing poker since I was about 15 (illegally on PKR) and am now a decent player I think. Whenever I play live I do really well and yet I can't seem to crack online poker. I always seems to break even.

I recently invested in PokerTracker 4 but I have yet to really feel the benefits of it.

I have around 3K hands in cash and 3K in tournaments online. I was looking for someone to go through some with me (perhaps in exchange for my action) and to help me improve my game.

Apologies if this is not the correct area of the forums for this kind of post, I request to be relocated to the correct section if necessary.

I look forward to hearing your replies.

p.s. Please see below graph for 3K cash games at between 10NL - 100NL (I'm not great at deciphering this but I think I'm too aggro based on my showdown and non-showdown winning, But I would like a lot more in depth discussion about this)

Regards,
Ash

Click to see full-size image.
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 06:46:52 PM »

Hi Ash, i'm not anywhere near fit enough to comment on graphs or even say i'm talented at the game. but i can say winning at poker is a full on ultra grind and to beat the game consistently you have to be able to have a very educated guess on your opponents cards.

the best and quickest way i think to improve your game or see the game a lot more in depth is to read a couple books on how to beat SS-MSNL

I have no idea if this is true but if this graph is 6max PKR cash i think your blue line could be you due to the fact you are trying to get people to fold weak made hands OTR which will never happen on this site if they perceive you to be aggressive pre and post flop, crushing small stakes doesn't need software, you just have to play solid and build a roll V slowly

To win at poker is to not have to play
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:02:43 PM »

Graph is irrelevant. Go play another 50+k hands and then post again.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:15:26 PM »

He's come here for help Patrick, please don't come across as utterly dismissive? (I realise your statement is true, lets at least explain to him why.) Point him towards the OR in your diary maybe for people who teach?

We're all here to help and learn.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »

I'm sorry op, but Nathan is here now an absolute expert of playing the 33 after 2 all ins, I'm here for the ride and to hopefully gain so,e invaluable knowledge from this absolute hero of the game.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »

I'm sorry op, but Nathan is here now an absolute expert of playing the 33 after 2 all ins, I'm here for the ride and to hopefully gain so,e invaluable knowledge from this absolute hero of the game.

That hole looks mighty fine, would you like a bigger spade?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »

C'mon Patrick, you can offer more than that surely? Or do players have to play (and probs lose tonnes) 50k hands before advice is valid? Or put another way, with good advice, could his next 47k of hands have better results?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »

He's come here for help Patrick, please don't come across as utterly dismissive? (I realise your statement is true, lets at least explain to him why.) Point him towards the OR in your diary maybe for people who teach?

This

I have no idea why Pleno has this attitude to a new poster?

Flash92, please stick around. Plenty of people will try to help if they can

Sorry.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 09:57:26 PM »

The irony is Pleno is one of the best players on the forum, so his contributions when constructive are very much worth listening to.

Stick around, Mr Flash.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 10:56:47 PM »

Subscribed.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »

Subscribed.

2 confirmed grief tourists ITT!
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 11:36:32 PM »

To me this seems like a culmination of months of posts like this. Patrick, ur obv a very high level thinker and alot of ur posts (the majority even) are both informative and intelligent, but i think ur posts have (maybe without realizing it) become blunt and somewhat rude recently. This may seem a little rich coming from someone like me who has definitely been guilty of arrogance and ive been hugely obnoxious and rude in the past also, but im sure your not meaning your posts to come across this way.
At least 10 people have mentioned to me recently that they have similar opinions; those being that the poker hand analysis on blonde is now dominated by what you think and also has become a really uncomfortable place for people to post through fear of a public bashing by you and a couple of others.
The case in question for example,  a guy posts for the first time, is a small stakes player who is looking for some advice on moving forward. We were ALL in this situation, or similar once and you posting "graph is irrelevant, play 50k hands and post again" is swaying from constructive criticism and bordering on plain rude IMO.
More and more people are afraid to post on the PHA now which is totally wrong. So many posts now start with "im not qualified to post here really", or similar which i think isnt what a forum like blonde should be about. People from all ability levels posting is refreshing and good for the progression of the game.
Ive spoken to you off forum and i know your not a bad guy obv, so please don't take this in the wrong way, but i felt this post was honest.
FWIW, some of ur posts are very good and your def one of the best frequent posters on blonde, you've come along way from asking me for backing for $26 comps on ftp back in 2009 :-)
gl
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 12:42:53 AM »

Marc is spot on. Post was way ool imo.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 01:13:46 AM »

Lol

C'mon Patrick, you can offer more than that surely? Or do players have to play (and probs lose tonnes) 50k hands before advice is valid? Or put another way, with good advice, could his next 47k of hands have better results?

Offered op nothing.

This

I have no idea why Pleno has this attitude to a new poster?

Flash92, please stick around. Plenty of people will try to help if they can

Sorry.

Offered op nothing

To me this seems like a culmination of months of posts like this. Patrick, ur obv a very high level thinker and alot of ur posts (the majority even) are both informative and intelligent, but i think ur posts have (maybe without realizing it) become blunt and somewhat rude recently. This may seem a little rich coming from someone like me who has definitely been guilty of arrogance and ive been hugely obnoxious and rude in the past also, but im sure your not meaning your posts to come across this way.
At least 10 people have mentioned to me recently that they have similar opinions; those being that the poker hand analysis on blonde is now dominated by what you think and also has become a really uncomfortable place for people to post through fear of a public bashing by you and a couple of others.
The case in question for example,  a guy posts for the first time, is a small stakes player who is looking for some advice on moving forward. We were ALL in this situation, or similar once and you posting "graph is irrelevant, play 50k hands and post again" is swaying from constructive criticism and bordering on plain rude IMO.
More and more people are afraid to post on the PHA now which is totally wrong. So many posts now start with "im not qualified to post here really", or similar which i think isnt what a forum like blonde should be about. People from all ability levels posting is refreshing and good for the progression of the game.
Ive spoken to you off forum and i know your not a bad guy obv, so please don't take this in the wrong way, but i felt this post was honest.
FWIW, some of ur posts are very good and your def one of the best frequent posters on blonde, you've come along way from asking me for backing for $26 comps on ftp back in 2009 :-)
gl

Offered op nothing

Subscribed.
Marc is spot on. Post was way ool imo.

2 posts. Zilch.

Graph is irrelevant. Go play another 50+k hands and then post again.

Gave the advice whilst waiting to pay at a till with an angry Hungarian shop keeper trying to hurry me up. Didn't have the time for hello, welcome and good bye unfortunately but told him his graph was irrelevant and the advice is to play 50k hands and then post again, where probably nobody who posted itt will help but ill actually spend a bunch of time and actually help.

Op, as you got 12 replies and none of them were actually helping you just a couple of the usual trolls I've now got time (on the toilet, my most useful time!) il explain why.

Posting profit line - generally this would mean nothing anyway, it's not going to be a way of signifying leaks or identifying anything wrong with your game

Non showdown and showdown lines - generally these don't matter anyway, I for example had a 300k spell when my red line was good and blue line bad and for e last 150k hands it changes. With the greatest respect a lot f see things are incredibly hard to comprehend and I'm still trying to work them out but reasons why they might change

Introducing a check call range as pfr, more times now in 2013 we may check call ather than cbetting top pair meaning that our green line will be better but our red line will be bad. We no longer Cbet and win on the flop.

Basically it don't matter at all if your red line or blue line is bad as lo as your green line is positive. What's probably most Important is tryingto get a specific win rate.

Negative winrate - this would mean that you are a losing player and thus a problem
1bb winrate - winning in the games but probably significant problems and leaks that need identifying
3bb winrate - very good, probably one of the better regs in your game
5bb winrate - one of if not the best reg in your games
7bbwinrate - playing too low and negatively effecting your potential hourly

Sample sizes - 3000 hands is literally less,than a day of grinding. You could be break even for 2000 hands, 1bb winner for 2300, at 2500 3bb, at 2700 5bb winner and 7bb by the end of he session. This doesn't mean you were good, bad, terrible and amazing in the session it's just plain variance. Sample sizes of perhaps 200k,hands would,be good but 50k plus I could perhaps spot some glaring leaks.

What is a graph? Posting a graph as I said earlier would mean nothing as it doesn't show anything specific. I'd suggest going to filter a report and doing it by position so we can see your positional stats. For example you could be opening 17% utg and I'd tell you it's an instant leak. You could be opening 35% when folded to on the button and I could tell you a leak. You can filter for as many stats as you like so I could probably find a lot of different things.

Many iofthe guys in the thread have vendettas for different reasons, I contribute a lot to the board generally because when I first came it was a great learning too for myself and I'm just trying to give back but after. When I first signed up I remember going to flushys posts and trying to reword them so I could sound like I was good at poker!

I think the fact that there has been 12 posts and not one person giving you good advice and wanting to,subscribe in the hope of an argument or apologies for me being rude but not actually wanting to help you either speaks wonders.

I don't have much time any,ore I'm trying to fit things into a very solid timescale and if I'm blunt then that is very sad I try to do as much quality and quantity on the pha board but if I'm putting dozens of people off from posting then that is incredibly sad to hear. Maybe Marc could post who those guys are or better pm me and I, apologize.

Ill make a retirement from pha for now and most likely come out of it in 3 days haha but op feel free to pm me and il give you 500 dollars worth of free coaching and help you out as much as I can.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 01:20:50 AM »

Hi Mate,

Ty for posting, and brave for putting graphs up, i'd be too scared to post mine Tongue

Unfortunately, as has been hinted at subtly by patrick, graph for cash games with 3,000 hands is effectively worthless - 3,000 hands is such a small amount that so many things could corrupt the results its almost impossible to glean anything particularly useful/constructive from it - however it's not a complete blank piece of paper and there are a few observations that I have (although take them as educated guesses over anything solid)

1) very solid upward redline (non-SD winnings) with kinda erratic downward blueline (SD winnings) this prolly indicates you're bluffing/barrelling off too much, or stacking off a bit too light in certain spots - whereas a positive non-showdown line is always a good thing in NLHE, the way the blueline goes is prolly pointing towards a leak somewhere (again this is where the 3,000 point comes back - could just be you've had KK into AA/top2 into sets etc and running bad at showdowns) something to consider anyways.

2) I notice there are some big downward bits in your winnings, followed by slow upwards, this is pretty good (again small sample) but that's one thing I always look at in people's graphs, you'll be amazed how many people lose a big all-in then dribble off aggressively for a bit, looks like you don't do that which is good.

I think you should keep this thread going, post every 5-10k hands or something and hopefully people will post their opinions as you do it and we can see how it pans out. Should be fun.

Another thing to do, as you play more hands look at the stats you collect on yourself, VPip/Pfr/3b Pfr by position etc and then compare them to other players you play and see if anything sticks out massively, I think next time you should post that set of stats here as if you have a 10,000 hand sample and that information we should be able to offer some good feedback between us.

Another thing to do is filter your result by position (SB/BB/Ep/MP/CO/BTN) and then see anything jumps out at you there as well - the graphs are pretty enough but its these statistics that will give you the better information when you're hunting for leaks.

Hope this helps thumbs up

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: