blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:08:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blue badge for parking
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blue badge for parking  (Read 8094 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2013, 04:40:13 PM »

Worded like that makes it sound like it costs £20 to park at hospital each time which is twisting the facts a little.

I'm with everyone else here iron. It's not much money. Presumably there is an admin cost associated with the production, checking people are valid, etc, of these badges. I don't think it unreasonable to be asked to pay it. And being able to essentially park anywhere you want is pretty awesome. If I could buy such a badge for £100 I would.

Blue text
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »

Thread will run until someone agrees Smiley

We all have to pay for things we'd sooner not, but at the end of the day an admin fee for something which makes my life a lot easier seems fine.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »

i dont mind paying for things that i want or need

let say there is a building with 2 levels
there is a staircase and a lift too go up too 2nd level
the stairs are free but too use the lift you have too pay a yearly charge
99.9% of abled bodied people will use the stairs  i dont get the choice and have too pay
for the lift

to me this is same

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2013, 05:52:09 PM »

Gas and electricity up in price, council tax up in price, just went shopping only to find my favourite biscuits have gone up in price. Think I'll be writing to Mcvities about this.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2013, 06:01:52 PM »

Gas and electricity up in price, council tax up in price, just went shopping only to find my favourite biscuits have gone up in price. Think I'll be writing to Mcvities about this.

feel free but the same price hike no matter who wants too buy them
its like comparing cheese and plutonium
the council by las have too offer me a service too park as it offer the service too abled bodied people
if they offer parking that is wide enough too open my door assemble my chair and not scratch paint work of cars then fine
but they dont unless i pay for a blue badge

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2013, 06:04:15 PM »

oh yeah i would much rather not have a blue badge in my car as they are thousands stolen every year as they sell well on the black market

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2013, 06:10:25 PM »

oh yeah i would much rather not have a blue badge in my car as they are thousands stolen every year as they sell well on the black market

Sell yours for £200, buy a replacement for £20 and your good for 10 years.

Do I need to add a smiley?

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »

Sell yours for £200, buy a replacement for £20 and your good for 10 years.

Do I need to add a smiley?
:-)

SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2013, 06:38:18 PM »

99.9% of abled bodied people will use the stairs  i dont get the choice and have too pay
for the lift

to me this is same

Would be interested to see your evidence for this. I for one would pay the charge and take the lift because I'm fat and lazy.

Also, it isn't the same. If there was a separate lift, available only for those that had the pass, then it might be closer.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2013, 06:56:38 PM »

for the lift

to me this is same

Would be interested to see your evidence for this. I for one would pay the charge and take the lift because I'm fat and lazy.

Also, it isn't the same. If there was a separate lift, available only for those that had the pass, then it might be closer.

local shopping mall has 1 lift and an cpl of esculators even though the lift is free it sits empty most of the time only used by those with mobilty problems kids playing games and people pushing prams if there was a pass needed that required money then the people using it would decrease too

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2013, 06:07:48 AM »

Just be thankful you weren't born in the middle east. 1st world problems. I think in the grand scheme of things it is pretty ridic to even consider contesting it.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2013, 12:35:57 PM »

epic seethe.  wp

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2013, 03:53:55 PM »

This has got to be one of the most tilting threads i've read. Ever. Come on, really?

For every negative that you've brought up about having to pay and how much better able-bodied people have it, people have suggested several benefits you will get from having a badge. My mum used to have one of those badges and it was awesome, the amount of advantages you get from one is brilliant... you can get away with parking almost anywhere. Paying £20 for getting to pretty much park where you want and have special bays made and access made available as well as staff putting in admin time to sort of paperwork for these things to exist, it's nothing.

Fair enough if it was like £150+ i might be a bit pissed off, but people on benefits and pensions etc can afford sky and holidays etc, so £7 a year isnt going to do much damage is it? It's less than 2p a day. Anyone with one will make this money back so quickly via the free parking available it's unreal.

Also if you are going to contest it (which seems absurd to me, but hey ho) definitely don't just refuse to pay and build up fines. This will only hurt you and your family. If you're passionate about it, which it seems you are, then go through the appropriate channels.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2013, 06:55:33 PM »

This has got to be one of the most tilting threads i've read. Ever. Come on, really?

For every negative that you've brought up about having to pay and how much better able-bodied people have it, people have suggested several benefits you will get from having a badge. My mum used to have one of those badges and it was awesome, the amount of advantages you get from one is brilliant... you can get away with parking almost anywhere. Paying £20 for getting to pretty much park where you want and have special bays made and access made available as well as staff putting in admin time to sort of paperwork for these things to exist, it's nothing.

Fair enough if it was like £150+ i might be a bit pissed off, but people on benefits and pensions etc can afford sky and holidays etc, so £7 a year isnt going to do much damage is it? It's less than 2p a day. Anyone with one will make this money back so quickly via the free parking available it's unreal.

Also if you are going to contest it (which seems absurd to me, but hey ho) definitely don't just refuse to pay and build up fines. This will only hurt you and your family. If you're passionate about it, which it seems you are, then go through the appropriate channels.

If poker doesn't work out for you there will always be a job at the Daily Mail.

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2013, 09:29:44 PM »

If poker doesn't work out for you there will always be a job at the Daily Mail.

Lol didn't mean it to come across quite like that, but £20 for this isn't going to be the thing that tips people over the edge, even just for an admin fee that is very reasonable, for anyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: