blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:37:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Line in this hand?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Line in this hand?  (Read 995 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2013, 05:33:24 PM »

Hey!

Just wondering for thoughts on my line here, vilian is spewy/ bluffy and likes to fire out at everything but most times when you bet they fold.

90% of the time here I am continuation betting this flop, but against this opponent felt it would give them the chance to fold. The plan is pretty much to check /call. I know this is probably to passive, especially on the river, I ended up checking the river to allow them to continue to bluff.

Opponent likes to see every flop pretty much and is pretty loose. They could have a king here, but there's also a high chance they don't. I've excluded the result just now, but will post it up later on.

Hero  Small blind   £0.05  £0.05  £41.02  
MaxFizzle  Big blind   £0.10  £0.15  £26.50  
   Your hole cards  Q Q          
Vil  Call   £0.10  £0.25  £15.32  
fez197  Call   £0.10  £0.35  £21.34  
moyle06  Fold      
Hero  Raise   £0.45  £0.80  £40.57  
MaxFizzle  Fold      
Vil  Call   £0.40  £1.20  £14.92  
fez197  Fold      
Flop
      7 K 9          
Hero  Check      
VilBet   £0.60  £1.80  £14.32  
Hero  Call   £0.60  £2.40  £39.97  
Turn
Hero  Check      
VilBet   £1.20  £3.60  £13.12  
Hero  Call   £1.20  £4.80  £38.77  
River
      A          
Hero Check      
Vil Bet   £3.60  £8.40  £9.52  
Hero  Call  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:04:12 PM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 05:36:06 PM »

Whoops it never posted the suits of the card! it is a rainbow board/ no flush possible. or flush draws on flop/ turn
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:19:40 AM »

this hh is insanely hard to read, but i solved it!

you got the pre flop initiative and should be leading this flop as standard but c/c is bad, but if you plan to c/r this turn, maybe good if villain bets air/thin all the time.
you've let villain get to the river with his entire flop betting range so unless i'm missing something here you have check called the river with a bluff catcher, this is kinda' hero call and we would expect to be losing a decent chunk of the time even with very specific reads.

you should bet K79 rainbow deep stacked because QQ need protecting on that board.

vs my presumed villains range he has nearly 40% equity on the flop and that doesnt even really change on the turn. and on the river around 60% of his range is beating you

NOTE: you definitely want folds as you cant be liking a lot turns and rivers

Board: Kh9s7c5d
   Equity   Win   Tie
MP2   62.04%   62.04%   0.00%   { QdQh }
MP3   37.96%   37.96%   0.00%   { JJ-77, A9s+, A7s, K9s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s, A9o+, A7o, K8o+, Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 97o+, 86o }

Board: Kh9s7c5dAs
   Equity   Win   Tie
MP2   43.85%   43.85%   0.00%   { QdQh }
MP3   56.15%   56.15%   0.00%   { JJ-77, A9s+, A7s, K5s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s, A9o+, A7o, K5o+, Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 97o+, 86o }

edit: updated river range witch card removal

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:36:21 AM by Oxford_HRV » Logged

To win at poker is to not have to play
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 12:40:13 AM »

Hey Oxford,

Thanks for the response!

Yeah reads on villian are they love to fire every street with any2. If you re raise them they fold an awful lot.

I did play the hand pretty bad, check calling, it was kinda player specific. On the river, it is a bluff catcher. With the bet sizing on the river (of oppo) i was pretty sure it was a bluff and called. They had total air.

Out of interest, what is that MP2/ MP3? Some kinda tool for working out possible rangers? Never seen anything like that before!

And sorry about the HH, it's the first time i've posted one in here, clearly it doesnt copy and paste well! I'll work out a way to post HH in a better way the next time.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 12:44:24 AM »

Calling river for sure with the betsize. Doesn't really make sense, unless he has a9/a7/AK or some sort of 2pr or set prior to then. I think you play the hand really well.

Use weaktight.com to convert the hands, it might not work, but I saw this earlier and couldn't make any sense of it. Make a note of the betsizing in this hand. Especially if you see the guy a lot.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:47:11 AM »

dont worry mate! was fun working out the HH lol

i included a fair few hands that you were beating in the range i set up, the hand range tool is called Equilab from poker strategy and its free to download. fantastic to use for the post session reviews on them sticky hands.

but even with the range i constructed with bluffs included you are really on the line of it being a profitable call on the river so bear that in mind in the future

mp2/mp3 is just positions on where players are sat on the table, pretty irrelevant when constructing your own ranges.

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 12:51:50 AM »

Calling river for sure with the betsize. Doesn't really make sense, unless he has a9/a7/AK or some sort of 2pr or set prior to then. I think you play the hand really well.

would you check call flop and turn?

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 01:18:46 AM »

Use weaktight.com to convert the hands, it might not work, but I saw this earlier and couldn't make any sense of it. Make a note of the betsizing in this hand. Especially if you see the guy a lot.
[/quote]

Cheers mate, i'll check it out. Normally on that site you just copy and paste a hh at it comes up in full, suits and everything lol

This hand here, the reason i said i played it pretty bad is cause i'm normally really aggro, most people think i'm pretty LAG. I don't like check calling, but against this particular vilian i felt it was the best way to proceed. I especially dislike not continuation betting the flop, but with the time bar going down i felt it was the best line for getting value from the hand. There is no real draws on the board, by the river i'm only slightly concerned they have a raggy King (they play pretty much every hand, and will never fold 2 a 3 bet). I had some good notes on opponent, but unfortunatly they dont play that much. I ended up stacking them 3 times over 2 hours, before they left

Had a quick look at your blog, well done on graduating and good luck with the future, whether it be poker or otherwise.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: