blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships @DTD - to be on Sky Sports
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships @DTD - to be on Sky Sports  (Read 85345 times)
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 10, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »

The Aces hand was so frustrating to watch, but at the same time summed up why poker is so interesting - people aren't robots and under intense pressure will make bad decisions, which creates debate and entertainment for the viewer.

Fwiw, in my live poker experiences, when players open jam live in those spots as played (taking into account Rimmer is a rec player) it's because they're scared to see another card, restricting their range to pure bluffs, semi bluffs with draws/weak pairs, or commonly over pairs when there's a flush draw out there, which made the Aces fold all the more baffling.

Given the money jumps I can only assume he didn't want to put himself at risk of not getting a top 3+ cash (think there was five or so left at that point?). Irrational logic I know, but if he's playing above his means I can imagine caution got the better of him.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 10, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »

The Aces hand was so frustrating to watch, but at the same time summed up why poker is so interesting - people aren't robots and under intense pressure will make bad decisions, which creates debate and entertainment for the viewer.

Fwiw, in my live poker experiences, when players open jam live in those spots as played (taking into account Rimmer is a rec player) it's because they're scared to see another card, restricting their range to pure bluffs, semi bluffs with draws/weak pairs, or commonly over pairs when there's a flush draw out there, which made the Aces fold all the more baffling.

Given the money jumps I can only assume he didn't want to put himself at risk of not getting a top 3+ cash (think there was five or so left at that point?). Irrational logic I know, but if he's playing above his means I can imagine caution got the better of him.

Agree with every word of that. It's so easy when we are on the Rail, & can see the hole cards.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 23, 2014, 10:44:48 AM »

Just catching up with this and would like to echo the comments about the Rimmer interview, great stuff, loved it.
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:53 AM »

FWIW
episode 2 5mins 30s i am misrepresented in a hand vs brammer. that guy is not robert h! i am in fact sitting next to him, so its just about forgiveable...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: