blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:32:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 164414 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2013, 10:05:38 PM »

Put it on that talking horse tip, you know the one that couldn't get over the first fence Cheesy

I'll make sure not to pass the next one on. Hope it romps it. Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2013, 11:24:35 PM »

Bloody hell son. Thanks for helping me get my page count up. Smiley

Haha, we were both the Alan Sugar's of our school then. I used to have a paper round and in the morning where I would 'acquire' a pack or two of 20s and sell them for 50p to £1 each! I also had a poker crew established where I started playing poker and brag for money and just destroying kids who didn't have a clue or didn't have the roll to stand up to my triple barrels. Smiley

Re coursework: I used to record MTV Euro top 20 on VHS for a mate and he used to do all my maths and German coursework. His family didn't have sky and he loved his europop..

You're a loveable prick tho mate.

Just reminded me actually! I had done something wrong at Chicksands and as a punishment they sent me to work down stores, the RQMS was a notorious hard case and the higher ups were hoping he would smash me into shape! Little did they or I for that matter know that he knew my dad from Bulford. He turned out to be safe as you like and ended up giving me the keys to one of the empty double rooms in 411. Thus Oceans 411 was born! This was an underground drinking / gambling and cigar den! It was immense, we sent out secret invites on proper plush headed paper and made a secret society. Had a strict dress code and everything. Those were the days. I actually have video footage of it somewhere. Will see if I can dig it out. I remember watching it back once and I think I raked in a £400 pot when it should really have been a chop but none of us had a clue what we were doing.. Ahhhhh the good old days.

I wouldn't say I was the Alan Sugar, because I never kept hold of the money Cheesy

I used to play poker when I was a child with my nan, but I never played holdem or any other poker until after I left the Navy.

LOL @ taping Euro top 20...

Cheers <3

I lived in the married quarters at Chicksands, well until I got in the shit and as punishment got moved into 411 with another lad from my house. You've probably told me, but when were you there on course? Definitely never knew of any card school in 2002, but then again you probably didn't want the clever kids in on it Wink

Only PITA I remember from Chicksands was Roy Paulson the SWO, who used to give me loads of agg when I was at DSSS. Weirdest thing was bumping into him in Weymouth on a night out. This was years after I had gone outside, and I was out of my box doing shots with him at the bar.

Chicksands was such an easy life, I only worked 2 full days a week most of the year there. Half day Monday and Wednesday because of Rugby training and matches, and half day Friday before going weekenders. That said, I decimated my own career there due to my degenerate behaviour and carefree spending...

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »

Yeah we moved down to married patch when 411 was getting refurbished then I moved back into the block once my original course left. They made me stay longer as they promised they would even though I passed the tests... I didn't mind though as I abs loved it there!

Poulton was class. Really liked him actually. Was strict and he used to rip me to shreds on Tues morning parade but I still liked him as he called a spade a spade really.

In other news I need to admit something. I am an addict!! a Bike Race app addict. If anyone hasn't played it it's incred! So simple but so addictive. I am getting my ass handed to me by kids all over the world. Any other addicts out there brave enough to come forward?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2013, 01:13:30 PM »

This seems like a good way to lose some money.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=62516.0

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »

Any Karma about... Tongue

http://money.uk.msn.com/features/%C2%A38m-lottery-winner-to-keep-working
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »

This seems like a good way to lose some money.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=62516.0

Yeah to Horneris. I am still wounded from when he beat me HU.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2013, 02:21:33 PM »

Yikes the guy is 67 himself, what he is doing looking after the "elderly". Take a break old boy! Hope he does go to the worldcup.

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2013, 09:02:21 PM »

Yeah we moved down to married patch when 411 was getting refurbished then I moved back into the block once my original course left. They made me stay longer as they promised they would even though I passed the tests... I didn't mind though as I abs loved it there!

Poulton was class. Really liked him actually. Was strict and he used to rip me to shreds on Tues morning parade but I still liked him as he called a spade a spade really.

In other news I need to admit something. I am an addict!! a Bike Race app addict. If anyone hasn't played it it's incred! So simple but so addictive. I am getting my ass handed to me by kids all over the world. Any other addicts out there brave enough to come forward?

I used to crush bike race, 3 starred every level bar 1.

Then candy crush got me, fml.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »

I don't get candy crush. Missus loves it but I think it's shiz.

I'm currently going back through and getting 3 stars on the levels I missed out. Soooo good.

People claimed I would get bored when I wasn't working. I just lolled and said "no chance". Not enough hours in the day now!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »

Thought you be at DTD tonight Sad

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2013, 09:16:04 PM »

Not sure that they weren't refurbing 411 when I was there, or at least doing something to it. That said, it was falling apart and they were always at it in some way. Still you must have been there early 00s at a guess? I can still remember my course BCC 3/02 Cheesy

Yeah, think he liked giving the matelots shit because most of the PCTs had only been in for about a year when they went on course, and then got their rates on completion. I had done 3 years before I joined Chicksands, but that was through admin cock ups, and it probably would have been longer if I hadn' taken an extended Xmas leave in 2001/2 Grin

I stay away from the app games, I got that Lucky Birds thing, but lost patience with it rather quickly, and have never bothered since. I do like playing the My Vegas app on Facebook though, it's free and you can build up points for free show tickets, rooms etc.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2013, 09:18:39 PM »

There tomorrow and Saturday. Thought you and Eso were coming through tomorrow? Wait, it is Thursday isn't it? I don't even bother keeping track of the day anymore. Smiley

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »

I don't get candy crush. Missus loves it but I think it's shiz.

I'm currently going back through and getting 3 stars on the levels I missed out. Soooo good.

People claimed I would get bored when I wasn't working. I just lolled and said "no chance". Not enough hours in the day now!

Just opened bike race, loads of new levels. Only went to arctic 2 when I played.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2013, 09:23:53 PM »

Marky, was there twice. First time was Nov 02. My course was RUB 2/02.

Points for free shows? I like the sound of that! sure I've had some invites on fb for that. probs from you..

Oioiii Pokerfan is back in the game. Add me on fb then we can play vs each other. #appfriends

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2013, 09:31:38 PM »

There tomorrow and Saturday. Thought you and Eso were coming through tomorrow? Wait, it is Thursday isn't it? I don't even bother keeping track of the day anymore. Smiley

Aye, he's up tomorrow, hopefully both back Saturday.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: