blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 162603 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2013, 05:35:09 PM »

Lolz at deco's in November.

Utterly ludicrous

No Xmas scrooge but to see some houses looking like a heathrow runway at night this time of year just makes me despair.

One house near me blows up an enormous snowman and has the air fed in via an electric blower 24-7 for six weeks in the front garden in the run up to Xmas, plus a sledge lit up on the roof above the front bedroom

How these people live with the embarrassment I do not know

By definition, the fact that you do not appreciate their festive display makes you a scrooge in our eyes.

There is no embarrassment! I imagine they feel a justified sense of pride.

I thought about getting an 8 foot snowman and putting it on our porch roof but the missus wouldn't have it.. I would say a day doesn't go by where she isn't trying to talk me out of doing / buying something..

If I had my way the decs would go up on November the 6th as that is when I get into 5th gear in the proverbial xmas car.

In my living room I have two xmas countdown items. One is a xmas owl modelled by me and little princess below and the other is a little snow cottage on the mantle piece.

As you can see our countdown started some time ago...

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

As of December 26th I go in a massive sullk as for me Xmas is pretty much over come midnight on the 25th. I utterly detest NY eve, birthdays are usually shit so it's all I have really.

Don't hate.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »

Yeah I don't see it as embarrassing at all, just pretty hilarious, lecky bill must be hugeeeeee.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2013, 05:38:46 PM »

It's a lovely photo of your daughter

You though David, are stark raving bonkers

Think of the money you waste on daft stuff. You don't need, in my opinion, to go competely OTT to have a good Xmas.

Friends, family, well chosen gifts with a bit of thought...

Why the fuck does anyone need an 8 foot blown up snowman to make their christmas any better?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »

I don't actually think I go that OTT tbh. I would say I am just the same as a typical American.

Decos to me are defo more than just decos though, they are an ever growing collection akin to how someone collects football programmes or stamps.. I add to them every year, I get immense pleasure from looking at what to buy, actually buying them, putting them up and then basking in all their glory. ahhhhh. So they are not really for other people at all really.

Obv I skimp on presents and apart from my missus I pretty much put zero thought into what to buy. Most people have had vouchers for the last 10 years..

Unfortunately I have no logical response to the lecky bills. Joke massive and that's with me turning my stuff off from 0000 - 0700.

Apart from Xmas stuff I only really collect hats and adidas jackets. My xmas hat collection is something to behold! Unfortunately I have never found a Xmas adidas jacket (in my size at least) Sad

Tighty dropping the F bomb itt! Shocking scenes!

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2013, 05:58:33 PM »

Meh do what makes u happy

If a 8 foot snow man brings a smile to you or others it's worth it imo

Personally don't understand ppl who hate Christmas. Best time of year by far.

Crimbo market just started in manc

Gonna be incred

Just me
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »

Yes the Paul Ho!

Love Xmas markets!

Assuming you have been to Lincoln xmas market before?? Sooooooooo good. I think it might actually be considered as the best in the country or something. My nan who lives in South London even saw adverts for it in a magazine which came through her door. I know coaches full of Germans came over the other year as well. Only thing I don't like about it is the walk up the hill!! Such a trek..

Enjoy.

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 16, 2013, 06:43:09 PM »

Lincoln is good but Manc better cos there's more food to eat and it's around longer

Lincoln is too busy

Also park on wragby road and walk there
Can't believe ur such a Christmas market noob
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:49:05 PM by paulhouk03 » Logged

Just me
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 16, 2013, 08:06:16 PM »

Manchester markets incred! Really looking forward to this year when me and my mates have planned a big piss up in a few weeks where we can got out eat good food drink good beer and then get Christmas presents when smashed. If I can get them wrapped up even better then it will be a surprise for everyone Christmas morning when they open them!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2013, 08:18:01 PM »

lolz million you can get a space anytime after 10am..

Xmas market lovers itt. wiiiiiiiiii

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »

Manchester markets incred! Really looking forward to this year when me and my mates have planned a big piss up in a few weeks where we can got out eat good food drink good beer and then get Christmas presents when smashed. If I can get them wrapped up even better then it will be a surprise for everyone Christmas morning when they open them!
Abso rammed today
Gonna visit tomorrow also

It's easy man just park near the rugby or tennis pitches so many side streets to park
Also

Man v excited.
Gonna get som crimbo jumpers

Just me
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2013, 01:26:51 AM »

Hate Christmas. Nandos is closed.

That's all.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2013, 10:12:38 AM »

i'm not a xmas hater, i sometimes make out that i am to wind the wife up, but i love it really

i'll be back off the rig by 6th dec so me and the wife will def be hitting lincoln market this year again, probably gpoing by train again so we can poartake in some xmas cheer when there, then getting picked up by the eldest lad who has finally managed to pass his test (3rd attempt)

going to try and get matching xmas related outfits this year too

but like mili said, getting up that hill, ooof, it's a grind!!!

as for xmas itself, i'm not that into getting pressies, i like to give them out, and again, me and the wife have promised not to spend too much on each other, and as usual she's already way over budget, but the kids are mostly frown up now, 18,16 and 12, so in reality, they just want a hunk of cash in their pockets, and untill we get grand kids (how old am i getting???) i dont think we'll get to see a kids face light up when they open up a parcel and see something they were desperate to get

also, i love to do the xmas dinner cooking, turkey crown, roasties, sprouts (they all hate them but its fucking xmas and they WILL eat one each!) roast veg, proper meaty stuffing etc etc, i've always enjoyed cooking things, from cheese on toast to a full on dinner, and when i do get to buy a house i'm going to insist on a gas hob btw, and xmas dinner is one thing i have to do if i'm home for it.

xmas, it's pretty awesome for me these days!!!!
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »

Lolz at deco's in November.

Utterly ludicrous

No Xmas scrooge but, bah humbug.

Fyp.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »

Nice to see the Xmas lovers coming out of the woodwork. Smiley

Went shopping this morn; bought a new flat cap and my first ever shapka ushanka as they say in Russian.. as well as a couple of xmas bits and bobs obv. I'll never forget the word shapka ushanka because written in Russian it is шапка-ушанка which was one of the first words I learned.. It always made me think of wanker youwanka. It is the word for a furry hat with ear flaps..

Not gonna put in a big grind today as got a bit of a headache and feeling pretty tired, probs rail Sykes to a 6 fig score and maybe try bink another £1k seat on DTD.

Got COD Ghosts yesterday, it is pretty shit, I wouldn't bother if you haven't already.

Oh, btw Tesco's cheese and tomato popcorn. Just trust me!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »

Saw this and thought of you Cheesy

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: