blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 04:44:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272924 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 165334 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 22, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »

Are you playing any of the WCOOP tonight?
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 22, 2013, 09:39:11 AM »

No mate. Far too many family games and films to get through. As well as the darts!

Ruskington today to see the reindeer and have brunch, then chilling before driving up to York tomorrow to pick up some of my kinsmen.

Poker takes a back seat this time of year, will be back on it January unless I go to DTD before then.

glgl if you play sir.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »

No mate. Far too many family games and films to get through. As well as the darts!

Ruskington today to see the reindeer and have brunch, then chilling before driving up to York tomorrow to pick up some of my kinsmen.

Poker takes a back seat this time of year, will be back on it January unless I go to DTD before then.

glgl if you play sir.

Carol service at Blankney church, then i will give stars a bash!!!

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 22, 2013, 01:03:57 PM »

glgl if you play sir.

Carol service? well I am surprised. I would have layed big odds on that being how you would choose to spend time!

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 22, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

glgl if you play sir.

Carol service? well I am surprised. I would have layed big odds on that being how you would choose to spend time!

Parish councillors must been seen in the right places
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 29, 2013, 09:11:33 AM »

Not posted for a while as been balls deep in the festivities. All the relatives have gone so life can finally return to some form of normality. It was great having everyone here but by boxing day night I was looking forward to having the house back to ourselves.

Xmas roundup:

• Didn't drink alcohol but ate so much junk food I think I have developed sugar related headaches.
  • Playing operation is joke easy if you are not drunk, even with your left hand whilst people shout in your face trying to put you off.
  • Hydrastrike is as good as it was when I was 11. Got video footage of my nan playing it vs my bro.
  • Only the 5 pairs of socks this year which is about 25 pairs below my normal amount
  • Did pretty well presents wise; 2 onesies, aftershaves, tripod, soft boxes, photography backdrops and stand, retro calculator watch, books and chocolates.

All in all it pays to have people over at Xmas as normally me, my brother and sisters don't even buy each other anything.

Craigy Betts bought me 'The Perfect Punter: A Year of Losing Everything and Trying to Win it All Back'. Looking forward to reading that! Although not sure what he is getting at..

Poker:

• Haven't played live or online over the last week, massively looking forward to getting back into it though. Going to start grinding my bollericks off come January.
  • Bought a few pieces here and there as knew I wouldn't be playing myself, to no avail so far.

Thoughts on New Year

Not sure if I have mentioned my hatred towards NY Eve itt? I have done Vegas twice at NYE which were incred but in the UK it has been pretty shit. Even when I was single back in the day I would go out in town but apart from the fact you were guaranteed to neck on at midnight it was just a big let down; A Pain in the ass getting a taxi in, have to pay a ridic amount to actually get through the doors, queue for hours to get served then to top it off you always get some mug who never goes out the rest of the year trying to give it the big I am. Following that you have the fun of trying to get a taxi home and you get to pay double the normal price for the privilege.
I would honestly say I have only had one proper decent NYE in the UK and that was when we took on the Scottish tradition of 'first footing'. You basically knock on stranger's doors holding some booze and coal and they invite you in to get smashed. It was so random but pure com. Unfortunately we can't really do that where we live now though as we know everyone and I don't really like them or they are my missus' bosses etc. All in all New Year's in the UK is pretty poor imo. Last couple of years I have been at house parties but I ended up just being bored praying for the countdown to begin so I could give my well wishes and go home. Reading this back I sound like a right grumpy old prick but meh.

This year, my main mate is in Afghanistan, his missus in Bristol and the other usual suspects are up in Scotland which is pretty much ideal as it means we can just stay in, watch the celebrations from around the world, have a little international buffet and set off some fireworks in the garden. I will also do a couple of traditions which I have picked up from blonde; write your resolutions on some paper and seal them in an envelope and get someone to write a resolution for you which you then open the following NYE (courtesy of Waz). Open the front door to let the new year in and the back door to let the new year out (courtesy of Eso Kral).

Great day of footy ahead of us, come on the reds!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 29, 2013, 10:39:19 AM »

Hi Milli,

Thanks for the invite over Christmas, I enjoyed it, though I thought you overdid the Xmas decs a bit.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »

Pleasure mate, welcome back any time. Enjoyed the stories about how you knew Santa when he was just starting out. Smiley

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2013, 11:27:34 AM »

Welcome in Scotland Anytime Sir.

Make sure you bring Beers and Beers and little more beers. thumbs up thumbs up

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 29, 2013, 11:35:40 AM »

Cheers fella although I don't think my liver could take it. I did new years once up there. It was in a place called Linlithgow, nobody but me and my English mate started drinking before the bells (midnight) we had started at about 4pm and were absolutely baggaged by the time everyone else started drinking. They carried on for pretty much 48hrs straight. I went to bed at 4am and was back in the pub at 11. carnage.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 29, 2013, 12:00:36 PM »

ha.
I work in Linlithgow and stay about 20 mins away.

Get up and jump aboard the bus. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 01, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »

So was asleep by 11pm last night, woke up at 3.30am feeling like utter shit. Had intended to be in the gym first thing which hasn't gone exactly to plan.. Although did have a healthy breakfast and have already drank 2 litres of water so not all bad. Hoping I start to feel a bit better in the next few hours then can get the gym in before darts starts.

Poker wise I had a teamviewer session playing 6max speed cash on ipoker, had one major leak pointed out to me which I am working on resolving asap.

If anyone has any up to date links/ helpful material for cash games then please feel free to share. Smiley

Here's to blonde crushing 2014.

Cheers

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 02, 2014, 04:15:15 AM »

Do you mind sharing what the leak is?

If you make a nice video of you playing ill do a free video review for you and ping it up on wugwug.

30 minutes or so as ill be stopping and starting etc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 02, 2014, 08:06:32 AM »

My major leak was being too loose from sb. I peeled a lil bit more than I should and 3b late opens way more than I should. I was almost 3betting atc to a button open and  as a result just burning chips.

Just 1 tabling without a hud atm until I am confident that I am not making any glaring mistakes then will increase tables, then it's volume, volume, volume.

Yeah, happy to have another pair of eyes review my play. Will send the first 30 mins of my next session as I often seem to lose at the beginning but end up in profit by the end. #mentalgamefish

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 02, 2014, 08:49:06 AM »

Great, Skype me it bro, will MSG later

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: