blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:57:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 164416 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 04, 2014, 08:50:34 AM »

Video doing the rounds on facebook of these two. So incred.

2mins 45 for about 5 mins is the best bit imo. Sick skills. Feel like I wanna go out and rave.

Swerved the grand prix last night in favour of watching a repeat of the superbowl and the big benefits row or whatever it was called on Channel 5. Horrid viewing. Literally everything that was wrong with the country in one show. All I could think was this:

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 04, 2014, 09:21:47 AM »

Loved it Milli, first bit as recommended was good, but bit of Queen at the end was very nice too.  2 things spring to mind:

1.  Must get out and see more live music.
2. So that is what job satisfaction looks like.

Steve
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 04, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »

Loved it Milli, first bit as recommended was good, but bit of Queen at the end was very nice too.  2 things spring to mind:

1.  Must get out and see more live music.
2. So that is what job satisfaction looks like.

Steve

Funny you should say that, was speaking to the missus about watching live music earlier. I have only ever been to one music thing in my life and that was Global gathering in 2008 or something. She has only seen an Abba and Queen tribute band.. we mainly just go and see stand up comics. Might try and branch out a little further. Would love to see Prince live.

Agreed, they look like they are having an incred amount of fun. Sitting there swigging beers and jamming on the guitar. Some life! Sure they get the odd groupie as well. mbn.

I was playing it out loud and the missus loved the Queen bit more than all the dance stuff. I must admit I enjoyed it so much that I actually looked on their website. They've just released a second album and they seem to be doing a fair bit of touring, local gigs and even busking as well. They are currently scheduled for Presteigne, Bristol and Calne. Would happily go and see them if they venture into Lincoln.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 04, 2014, 10:42:56 AM »

If you enjoyed that...

What comedy do you go for Milli? Small intimate gigs with the up and coming acts are my preference, I seem to recall the Arts Centre in Lincoln cropping up on tour dates for a few we've seen lately.
These are there on Valentine's Night, recommended for nerds and not-nerds

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 04, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »

When we lived in Bedford me and the missus used to go to the comedy store in London pretty much once a month. I love the mix of up and comers and well established comedians you get in there, plus if you get there early it's happy hour. Smiley

I've never been to the A&C centre but seen a couple at the engine shed. Saw Micky Flanagan there last year, it was sold out with a max capacity of 1,000 people or so and it was just so much more enjoyable than being in row Z and watching them on the screen at the O2. You might as well just be watching at home on DVD.

I'm a big fan of one liners. Stewart Francis is probs my favourite though.

I have seen the Jules Holland clip before. Still incred though. Never even heard of Festival of the spoken nerd. Proper geeky but just subscribed to their youtube channel.

I often spend hours at a time just watching random comedy shows on youtube. I also love watching heckles and reactions to hecklers. My favourite is from a show in America (Last comic standing). One episode they split the group of amateur comedians into two teams. One person is the comedian on stage performing whilst the other is in the crowd playing the part of heckler. It's a great twist and pretty hilarious.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 04, 2014, 02:43:02 PM »

A good heckle and a good response can be marvellous things. Sadly, the level of heckle is generally appalling and the response overly full of obscenity and vitriol.
Gerry Sadowitz launched into someone who had the temerity to raise a laugh from HIS audience with such ferocity that he left a large part of the audience too embarrassed to laugh.

We have the FOSN, Tome Wrigglesworth and Rich Hall booked over the next 6-8weeks and I'm especially looking forward to seeing Rich Hall in a comparatively small room.
Did a quick trip to Edinburgh last weekend and took in The Stand Saturday Night Comedy Club. Five acts, none of them ever having been on TV and each, in their way, properly, seriously, professionally funny.
Love live comedy, live theatre and live music.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 04, 2014, 02:58:09 PM »

Yeah Rich Hall is deece. Seen him twice. Sure my brother said a Comedy club has opened up in York so might have to give that a go.

I know what you mean with obscenities, I liked Frankie Boyle when he first came out but now I just think he is vile for the sake of it. he has forgotten that you are still supposed to be funny! Kevin Bridges on the other hand is incred. So good.

I do like the theatre tbf, even did theatre for AS level before my mum kicked me out and I had to leave college. Not been in years tho.

Tom Wigglesworth was at Edinburgh festival a couple of years ago. prettt funny tbf. Out of all the newcomers of the last 2-5 years I would say Josh Widdicombe is my fav. Kid has me in bits constantly.

I have a friend who hates stand up comedy. he says "it just feels so un natural for someone to stand there and make you laugh". I can't comprehend this way of thinking. Love stand up.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 04, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »

Oh. if a comedian ever asks what you do for a living my fav response is "I'm a talent scout" they will probably say "well what are you doing here then"  and you reply "I was just about to leave". Badoom tish. Get a nod of appreciation and then the act caries on.

My missus got picked on once as she is from the north east. The guy on stage said "where is your mattress.. normally you Geordie girls walk around with a mattress strapped to your back.." at the end of the set he asked the audience to give me a round of applause for not knocking him out.. He sang a pretty crude song about her but it had me in stitches tbf . if you can't handle having something funny said about yourself or your missus then you don't go to a comedy show.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 04, 2014, 03:07:37 PM »

❤ Kevin bridges. Think I find him funnier cos I can relate to a lot of the stuff he talks about, bit like billy Connolly.

Wasn't too impressed with the yanks and the hecklers routine tho Sad

Luton this weekend? Decent comp at gentings.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 04, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »

Grand Prix this wknd innit. Need to see if I can go one better than last time, plus trying not to ever have to go to Luton again. Shit hole. Wink

The skinny blonde heckler had me in bits "aren't your hair and nails supposed to stop growing when you die". So good, it's also more about the dynamic than the heckles themselves.

Yeah KB is incred tho. Also can do a sick English accent.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 04, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »

Saw Frankie Boyle about 8 yrs ago at The Fringe and he was hilarious, fast forward to seeing him again 6 yrs later and he made me cringe.
We've had three days at The Fringe every year for a while now. Cram in 20+ shows and rarely see  a  dud.
on phone now but i will give some thought and produce a top ten when i get some time

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 04, 2014, 03:21:58 PM »

Grand Prix this wknd innit. Need to see if I can go one better than last time, plus trying not to ever have to go to Luton again. Shit hole. Wink

The skinny blonde heckler had me in bits "aren't your hair and nails supposed to stop growing when you die". So good, it's also more about the dynamic than the heckles themselves.

Yeah KB is incred tho. Also can do a sick Leamington Spa accent.

FYP

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 04, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »

GL in the Grand Prix.
Tough gig making two FTs in a row....

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 04, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »

GL in the Grand Prix.
Tough gig making two FTs in a row....

Going for GP FT #3..

WAL being to Fringe festival that many times! So jealous.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: February 04, 2014, 03:36:27 PM »

Heckling at a Sadowitz gig is a right of passage (every idiot should try it), depending on his mood he can make or break you in quick order.  I have seen him invite people onto the stage for 30 minutes and change his show completly due to a good heckle, but I have seen him walk off.  His latest method of coping seems to be a super soaker full of piss - they don't tend to heckle twice.

I appreciate he is not for all, but for me he is the best stand up of all time - add to that being one of the best slight of hand magicians on the planet, if you have never seen him, get out of Lincoln and go see, love him or hate him he will give you lots to talk about - oh and if you can work out how he does "Irish patience" trick I will pay a lot of money to know.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: