blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:44:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 162880 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 04, 2014, 03:47:16 PM »

Heckling at a Sadowitz gig is a right of passage (every idiot should try it), depending on his mood he can make or break you in quick order.  I have seen him invite people onto the stage for 30 minutes and change his show completly due to a good heckle, but I have seen him walk off.  His latest method of coping seems to be a super soaker full of piss - they don't tend to heckle twice.

I appreciate he is not for all, but for me he is the best stand up of all time - add to that being one of the best slight of hand magicians on the planet, if you have never seen him, get out of Lincoln and go see, love him or hate him he will give you lots to talk about - oh and if you can work out how he does "Irish patience" trick I will pay a lot of money to know.

Yeah my grandad was Scottish and his tapes were my first introduction to stand up. He loved Connolly, Rab C and Roy Chubby Brown. Neither of which I like tbh. He also had a Jerry Sadowitz VHS which I watched and didn't like at all. To me he's just like an older version of the new Frankie Boyle. Just tries to be offensive as possible for the sake of it. I've never seen any of his stuff with hecklers though so that would be cool to watch.

Love Still game though. One of my fav tv shows ever.

You picked up on another of my passions. Magic! Before I joined the RAF I thought I was pretty handy with a couple of magic tricks until I met an actual decent amateur magician. I had never felt so ashamed. I know how lots of tricks are done though. Coin in the bottle, biting a coin, Dynamo's phone in a bottle, twisting iphone trick etc.

Never heard of the Irish Patience trick. Going to look it up now.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:50:33 PM by millidonk » Logged

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 04, 2014, 03:49:39 PM »

Cliffs on Irish Patience trick? Can't find any reference to it.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 04, 2014, 04:01:17 PM »

Sadowitz as a close up magician is utterly peerless.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 04, 2014, 04:04:30 PM »

He is in Nottingham on March 20th. Peerless is a strong statement.

I saw David Copperfield @ the MGM. It was really fun and entertaining but nothing new at all. Think he has gotten lazy and is just printing $$$$.

David Blaine's latest TV special was pretty incred tbf. Showed Dynamo who was boss.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: February 04, 2014, 04:18:54 PM »

He does a trick while talking to the crowd.
1 pack of cards, counted etc - sleeves rolled up and he starts to discard cards on the floor, after about 5 mins you notice he is still discarding cards - have seen him ask for a card to be left at the end and have seen him tell you what the last card will be but he must discard a couple of thousand cards, never has more then what appears to be a pack in his hand but they keep coming from somewhere - its not the most mindblowing trick but he has done it every time I have seen him, and the last few times I have concentrated, but I just can't see it, I guess it must be Magic.

I did go and meet him once in some magic Shop in that there London, but I bottled asking and we just talked about Julian Cope for half an hour.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 04, 2014, 04:22:41 PM »

He does a trick while talking to the crowd.
1 pack of cards, counted etc - sleeves rolled up and he starts to discard cards on the floor, after about 5 mins you notice he is still discarding cards - have seen him ask for a card to be left at the end and have seen him tell you what the last card will be but he must discard a couple of thousand cards, never has more then what appears to be a pack in his hand but they keep coming from somewhere - its not the most mindblowing trick but he has done it every time I have seen him, and the last few times I have concentrated, but I just can't see it, I guess it must be Magic.

I did go and meet him once in some magic Shop in that there London, but I bottled asking and we just talked about Julian Cope for half an hour.

I have just been reading about Mark Blanco. That sounds shady as! also downloaded a 30 min clip of his gobshite set to see if I have warmed to him at all.

I have seen a trick that sounds very similar to that. It was the warm up act before you got to see the ladies @ crazy horse in Vegas. Will see if I can find it then let you know how it was done.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 04, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »

Can't find the full set but this was the guy I saw:

At the beginning he starts discarding cards with sleeves rolled up. In the full show he does it for ages and uses both hands and there are a load of cards on the floor. Is that pretty much the same thing? from first glance it looks like standard back palm, he probs starts with 2 or 3 decks palmed and obv only chucks 2 or 3 at a time. When I watched it I was pretty drunk and never bothered to count the cards on the floor although they could easily be added during the routine whilst your eyes are on the performer.

This little matey shows a good explanation. It's just that on a grander scale. Then you can incorporate any normal card trick. Do a fake shuffle or false cut or whatever. Get the card you require to be at the top or the bottom so when you have finished you are always left with their card.

Youtube has killed magic.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 04, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »

So we took Marky's advice and played the £500. Came 17th and cashed for £1500 which was a decent roi considering we were in for £21. So many heroes on the table Bingham, Deadman, Titty, Willie Tann. I started with a deece stack but soon 3b folded my way to a bowl. Pretty much played the whole day with 10-20bbs. Took about 90% of the spots that were offered up to us so happy with the outcome. really wasn't much more we could have done.

Lots of funny banter. 1 guy turned up 6hrs late and was already itm. mbn. played his first 2 hands and doubled both. wal, also saw a guy fold AA unopened preflop on the bubble!! He said £1k meant a lot to him and he was in for £25. fair play to the guy. He then has K9 > AK, QK >  my AK and 1010 > aj to build a monster stack, think he went on to final but busted early.

Missus had already booked a couple of days off so no grinding for me, We are going to do "couple type things", I am hoping this means eating and watching TV with maybe a bit of shopping thrown in. Sad

Wow! We got people jamming 6-8s and I hear some hero folds AA and finals. I need a re think
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 04, 2014, 06:46:07 PM »

So we took Marky's advice and played the £500. Came 17th and cashed for £1500 which was a decent roi considering we were in for £21. So many heroes on the table Bingham, Deadman, Titty, Willie Tann. I started with a deece stack but soon 3b folded my way to a bowl. Pretty much played the whole day with 10-20bbs. Took about 90% of the spots that were offered up to us so happy with the outcome. really wasn't much more we could have done.

Lots of funny banter. 1 guy turned up 6hrs late and was already itm. mbn. played his first 2 hands and doubled both. wal, also saw a guy fold AA unopened preflop on the bubble!! He said £1k meant a lot to him and he was in for £25. fair play to the guy. He then has K9 > AK, QK >  my AK and 1010 > aj to build a monster stack, think he went on to final but busted early.

Missus had already booked a couple of days off so no grinding for me, We are going to do "couple type things", I am hoping this means eating and watching TV with maybe a bit of shopping thrown in. Sad

Wow! We got people jamming 6-8s and I hear some hero folds AA and finals. I need a re think

He'd obv not won 6 bags a couple of weeks prior so couldn't just bash it in with 8 high. #balla

Raise folding or open folding ftw. Smiley

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 05, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »

Found a cure for tilt; just play flappy bird. Nothing will ever annoy you again anywhere near as much as that game.

Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: February 05, 2014, 04:03:47 PM »

Found a cure for tilt; just play flappy bird. Nothing will ever annoy you again anywhere near as much as that game.

^^^This

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 05, 2014, 05:05:40 PM »

He is in Nottingham on March 20th. Peerless is a strong statement.

I saw David Copperfield @ the MGM. It was really fun and entertaining but nothing new at all. Think he has gotten lazy and is just printing $$$$.

David Blaine's latest TV special was pretty incred tbf. Showed Dynamo who was boss.

He has printed a fair bit Cheesy

David Copperfield is an American magician who has a net worth of $800 million. David Copperfield was born on September 16, 1956 in Metuchen, New Jersey. A magician and illusionist, David Copperfield is most widely recognized for his ability to successfully combine storytelling and illusions.

He has achieved unprecedented commercial success for a magician. During his career, Copperfield has sold an estimated 40 million tickets to his shows and has generated over $3 billion worth of gross tour revenues. At his peak, David could perform 500 shows and make $50 million every year.

He also has invested very wisely in exotic real estate around the world. He owns 11 islands in the Bahamas that are worth over $100 million alone. He also reportedly owns $200 million worth of magic memorabilia, including the largest collection of Harry Houdini artifacts in the world'.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #597 on: February 05, 2014, 07:50:15 PM »

Milli thanks for the links.
indeed that is close enough to the trick in question.

I stopped with vids about 3 hours in. I not sure its ruined magic but I do kind of feel like a kid who just found out Santa is not real.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 05, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »

Milli thanks for the links.
indeed that is close enough to the trick in question.

I stopped with vids about 3 hours in. I not sure its ruined magic but I do kind of feel like a kid who just found out Santa is not real.

lolz, I often go on mega youtube splurges watching tricks and reveals. I feel your pain, it's only down hill from here. Sad

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 08, 2014, 05:37:29 AM »

Poker: Running pretty bad, final chance at making GP day 2 today.

Sleep: Had 4hrs for last 2 days now. Lil one is teething and has been keeping us up and once I wake up I pretty much never get back to sleep again.

Heater: Won a nice 4 fold acca on the darts the other night and also got shipped £700 from HMRC due to overpaid tax when I was made redundant. wiiii. Gonna purchase a deece PC with dual monitor setup as my laptop is a pos.

Health: slipped into old eating habits, stopped going to the gym, just generally feel like shit. Getting back on the wagon (on Monday obv ).

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: