blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Prague Poker Festival
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prague Poker Festival  (Read 1535 times)
scotty77

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:33:56 PM »

Heading out to Prague for this, looking at the 6th until the 17th so far.

Playing the Eureka for sure, probably the WPT and fingers crossed the the EPT plus some other stuff.

Anyone else going?

Also any advice from people who have been there before, both from the poker point of view and also just for sightseeing etc.

If anyone has any Czech currency to sell then PM me Smiley
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:54:01 PM »

brass obv
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:29:02 AM »

Annoyed to be so out of touch I wasn't even aware this was on.  Few little tournos on that 1st weekend right up my street.

Still kinda tempted to abandon the family for a mad weekender...  Wink

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 11:43:47 AM »

Heading out to Prague for this, looking at the 6th until the 17th so far.

Playing the Eureka for sure, probably the WPT and fingers crossed the the EPT plus some other stuff.

Anyone else going?

Also any advice from people who have been there before, both from the poker point of view and also just for sightseeing etc.

If anyone has any Czech currency to sell then PM me Smiley

In the old square in December they always have some kind of Xmas market with Glühwein, hot chocolate, snacks etc but you shouldn't give this place a miss regardless as it's a hot spot in Prague.

Wenceslas Square is less impressive, I'd certainly head up there in the day time though. You get offered drugs a lot if you look like a tourist which in the day time is easy to brush off but at night time might make you feel a bit uncomfortable. It's probably still a safe place at night, although it is a lot quieter then.

There are some awesome restaurants for sure! Check out "Mr.Sushi" not too far from the Old square. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d1799363-r121655636-Mr_Sushi-Prague_Bohemia.html#REVIEWS

If you want to go somewhere a bit snazzy then check out "V Zatisi". It's an incredible incredible restaurant! http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d1097078-r121655421-V_Zatisi-Prague_Bohemia.html#REVIEWS

If you can find it, I found a really good Jazz bar even though the entrance looked dodgy as hell. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d1994785-r121656129-Jazz_Republic-Prague_Bohemia.html#REVIEWS

I hope to be out there this December for my 4th visit! There is a lot of other stuff to do, quite often there is a company that follows the EPT's around who organise excursions, I have no idea what the company is called but they arrange go karting/paint balling etc.

Enjoy!

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 12:06:59 PM »

As Dan said the Xmas market is very good, if you go to that then make sure you make your way to the Old Square on the hour to see the Astronomical Clock 'go off'.

St Vitus Cathedral (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Vitus_Cathedral) is the most beautiful building I've ever been inside, it's up a incredibly steep hill but I'm fairly certain there's a metro stop nearby and getting around on the metro is very easy,

If you're at all interested in history I'd recommend a visit to the Jewish quarter, it's got a ton of historical sites within it mainly because apparently Hitler was planning on keeping it as a 'museum for the Jews'.

If you're in a group and can stand people being able to smoke inside then there's a bar called The Beer Factory which has beer pumps at the tables you sit at and is quite fun until the novelty wears off.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »

I went last year for 10ish days and braves it outside nice. Joke joke joke cold, take lots of layers!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 11:36:52 PM »

I went last year for 10ish days and braves it outside nice. Joke joke joke cold, take lots of layers!

Are you sure you're from Newcastle?
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 12:20:36 PM »

The Astronomical clock in Prague is surely one of the most disappointing let downs of a tourist sight in Europe. Possibly second only to the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen!

Love Prague, will do down to at least play one or two tournies in December. I think this is a great festival!
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 01:32:39 PM »

The Astronomical clock in Prague is surely one of the most disappointing let downs of a tourist sight in Europe. Possibly second only to the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen!

Love Prague, will do down to at least play one or two tournies in December. I think this is a great festival!

I was there on Oct a few years ago at about 9pm, the clock went off, about 40  half pissed soldiers came out of no where sang 2 songs and then faded into the night, really weird.  Clock is a let down but the square, and the general musicality of the place is superb.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: