blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The belfry golf club custom fitting
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The belfry golf club custom fitting  (Read 2951 times)
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »

Hi all, I am going to buy a new set of irons next month. Decided to take the plunge and book a custom fitted session at the belfry! I will be roadtesting callaway, titleist, ping and taylormade. Might do a trip report. Going early December. Anyone been before for the same? Thoughts?
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 05:39:04 PM »

Not had it done at the belfry but been for something similar at Wentworth and enjoyed it. I have a very good recommendation if anyone is closer to London and is looking to get this done.

corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »

Not had it done at the belfry but been for something similar at Wentworth and enjoyed it. I have a very good recommendation if anyone is closer to London and is looking to get this done.
which clubs did u try out and what clubs did u buy as a result of the sesh
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 08:07:49 PM »

which clubs did u try out and what clubs did u buy as a result of the sesh

Tried pretty much everything - ended up with a set of titleist AP2s. I'm circa 18 handicap trying to get to around 12

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »

Been to Ping at Gainsborough a couple of times. Custom fitting is essential if you are any good (i.e 5 handicap or below) although anyone who wants to improve and is semi serious should consider it.
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 06:38:34 AM »

Been to Ping at Gainsborough a couple of times. Custom fitting is essential if you are any good (i.e 5 handicap or below) although anyone who wants to improve and is semi serious should consider it.
Thin?
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 03:41:45 PM »

Ok so had my session today.

Played with 3 different sets

1) titleist AP1

2) ping g25s

3) Nike covert VS

Of the 3 i tried, I definitely felt that the nikes were more consistent and forgiving. All 3 though were pretty forgiving clubs for a high handicapper like me.

The PGA pro was very good, he offered really good, impartial advice (in fact his advice actually saved me money, rather than advising to go with more pricey options.) I ended up ordering the nikes 4iron-SW. Custom length, angle and shaft. I felt pretty well looked after, the service was superb, and anyone considering getting fitted i would defo recommend it. I got to the place half an hour early and checked out the hotel, well stunning lobby, bars and restaurant, as you would expect. May consider a weekend there and a round or two if the lads are up for it next year.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 06:28:13 PM »

Good result! Belfry is lovely. You should try Forest of Arden too in similar area geographically.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: