blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:55:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Reaching My Poker Potential
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reaching My Poker Potential  (Read 7957 times)
Jon23

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2013, 02:32:35 PM »

I'm Jon, 23, from Kent.

And I thought I'd make a diary about me poker as I've played quite a lot but not got very far.

Reading the hand analysis board leaves me a little perplexed at times of how advanced the game can be. But I think with a little study and a bit of BRM I could climb up a few stakes.

I've lurked on blonde for a couple of years and the Prose from a Posh Boy diary is amazing although in need of an update 

But The Best in the Business has inspired me to play cash games as I would like to understand the game better than I do now and yer the HUD thing looks kind of interesting whereas I brought one in the past and just got confused setting it up so never used it. lol. I also like the fact you can just keep playing cash whereas tournaments end.

Anyway, I'm starting right at the bottom of 2NL and will try to climb the zoom stakes and I'll get back to the diary when I've played 10K hands. Down to the last $12 in me account but I'll keep reloading if it goes bad,

Thanks for reading, have a good day.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »

first
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »

second! must be a man close to my heart! whereabouts in kent you from jon? am at uni at loughborough, so lucky enough to play live in notts, however live in the best part of england. good luck!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 04:56:45 PM »

Good luck Jon.

Any questions as to blonde etc, fire away.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 04:49:34 PM »

Good luck!

I would say your best option is, if possible, try and get about £40-50 use that as your starting bankroll.

At low limit games just play tight and aggressive, and don't be scared folding top pair good kicker. At the mircos if someone re-raises you, 1 pair is seldom ever good.

No idea what site you are on, but if the site has a section for analysing hands, utilise it is much as possible, this will help your game improve a lot.

Or use the poker clinic section on here. Another good way to improve is to have poker friends on Skype and just chat stuff over with them, get their feedback on hands.

All the best 
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 05:07:21 PM »

Welcome to blonde.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Jon23

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 09:12:16 PM »

first

Thanks Tomsom

second! must be a man close to my heart! whereabouts in kent you from jon? am at uni at loughborough, so lucky enough to play live in notts, however live in the best part of england. good luck!

Hiya I am from Gillingham/Medway Kent. Best part of England but worst part of Kent lol. Ah very nice, great sport facilities I hear? you lucky man yer one of my mates went to Loughborough and talks about Dusk Till Dawn like a mecca of poker, I'll come and play there one day, hopefully it will be better than the only other time I've been to Nottingham to watch the mighty Gills get relegated  , you a Gills fan yourself coming from Kent? Cheers for the GL.

Good luck Jon.

Any questions as to blonde etc, fire away.

Hello Tikay, thank you Smiley What is your best ever poker moment? seems like people here are actually friends in real life which I wouldn't expect off an internet forum.

Good luck!

I would say your best option is, if possible, try and get about £40-50 use that as your starting bankroll.

At low limit games just play tight and aggressive, and don't be scared folding top pair good kicker. At the mircos if someone re-raises you, 1 pair is seldom ever good.

No idea what site you are on, but if the site has a section for analysing hands, utilise it is much as possible, this will help your game improve a lot.

Or use the poker clinic section on here. Another good way to improve is to have poker friends on Skype and just chat stuff over with them, get their feedback on hands.

All the best 

Cheers Shipitgood. Yer I've played my 10k hands and that seems to be working so far, might be too tight lol. I was pretty surprised by the strength of hands people were showing, I thought they'd be treating it as play money! Im playing the Zoom games on Pokerstars. I'll end up in the clinic a lot I would suspect deffinatly need to start analysing me hands. What games you play yourself?

Welcome to blonde.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 09:17:24 PM »

Looking forward to this. I would suggest being very aggresive with brm the smaller the stakes as the rake is really big and kinda important to try and progress through the stakes.

Will try and answer as much as possible, best of luck sir.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 09:47:43 PM »

Hiya I am from Gillingham/Medway Kent. Best part of England but worst part of Kent lol. Ah very nice, great sport facilities I hear? you lucky man yer one of my mates went to Loughborough and talks about Dusk Till Dawn like a mecca of poker, I'll come and play there one day, hopefully it will be better than the only other time I've been to Nottingham to watch the mighty Gills get relegated  , you a Gills fan yourself coming from Kent? Cheers for the GL.

oioioioi   Gravesend here sir,  glglgl
Jon23

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 09:48:29 PM »

Looking forward to this. I would suggest being very aggresive with brm the smaller the stakes as the rake is really big and kinda important to try and progress through the stakes.

Will try and answer as much as possible, best of luck sir.

Very nice website. Hmm ok. I was going to just play large samples of hands to see if I was actually winning but the graph is on an upward trend. Rakes a bargain $8.92 for 10,000 hands lol but yer its a large % of the $ I won as well. Cheers.

Jon23

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »

oioioioi   Gravesend here sir,  glglgl

hehe, cheers Steve
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 12:28:36 AM »

Best of Blonde luck to you.

I look forward to reading this. My piece of advice is don't play online when pissed up.

Jon23

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 04:23:43 AM »

Best of Blonde luck to you.

I look forward to reading this. My piece of advice is don't play online when pissed up.

Thanks for the advice Gouty computers should have in-built breathalysers 

Meh, sod BRM...would like you to play like this guy and have THE best and most read diary on here by doing so ;-)

http://www.pokerkingblog.com/2007/12/30/the-curious-story-of-ed-hollis-bluescouse/

http://88percent.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37586

Oh and good luck at the tables!!

Wow, I'd never heard of him before - maybe much later in the diary I'll be able to do a couple of pages like that just for you ;-)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 04:53:15 PM »

first

Thanks Tomsom

sorry about tomson34325, he gets very excited about a new thread popping up, sitting there mashing the refresh button 24hrs a day must get boring!

Hiya I am from Gillingham/Medway Kent. Best part of England but worst part of Kent lol. Ah very nice, great sport facilities I hear? you lucky man yer one of my mates went to Loughborough and talks about Dusk Till Dawn like a mecca of poker, I'll come and play there one day, hopefully it will be better than the only other time I've been to Nottingham to watch the mighty Gills get relegated   , you a Gills fan yourself coming from Kent? Cheers for the GL.

ah ok, have lived in Kent for about 15years. Live over ashford way, went to school at sutton valence, near maidstone, you might have heard of it? ah ok, what was your mates name? when did he go here? haha nope, am a liverpool fan! for people that know me, my heavy scouse(southern) accent Wink gives it away! haha, will we being seeing you on the mtt tables for double vision today?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:55:20 PM by verndog158 » Logged

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 06:37:03 PM »

gl
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: