blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:13:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "Alternative Blonde Advent Calendar"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Alternative Blonde Advent Calendar"  (Read 15566 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 07:57:55 PM »

i suggested if they were scraping the barrel to put no duplicates in then it would perhaps not be so good. if newcastle win the league and Shola is top scorer this season and he is in the advent calender and then the same next season he would be in too. I think lildave was the only person to be a duplicate in the 2 years.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 11:39:04 PM »

pretty crazy titty was never in, he is so comical, woodsey too.
And Patrick makes the case for not doing it again...

Excuse me Tom?

I don't really care about being in the calendar on not, no big sweat as it was just a bit of fun, but can you explain your comment if this is directed towards me please. If it is you are bang out of order.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 12:05:10 AM »

Excuse me Tom?

I don't really care about being in the calendar on not, no big sweat as it was just a bit of fun, but can you explain your comment if this is directed towards me please. If it is you are bang out of order.

Why is there no calendar again?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 12:14:50 AM »

Excuse me Tom?

Tom is merely illustrating doing a calendar would generate opposition to selections.

I figure it's a weak case though because why bother writing a book, having an idea or doing anything at all just in case every opinion isn't positive.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 12:16:15 AM »

Excuse me Tom?

Tom is merely illustrating doing a calendar would generate opposition to selections.

I figure it's a weak case though because why bother writing a book, having an idea or doing anything at all just in case every opinion isn't positive.

Ok fair enough no bother, I thought it was a personal dig at me. I apologise to Tom if that is how his post was intended.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 12:39:36 AM »

Excuse me Tom?

Precisely this.

It may be a weak case, But if Tighty is doing it voluntarily and opposition to his selections makes him not want to do it, then a weak case is all he needs.

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2013, 12:45:11 AM »

Woodsey=   lol  

Can't believe I got sucked in, what a nob doh!!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:24:48 AM by Woodsey » Logged
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2013, 12:53:22 AM »

Excuse me Tom?

Precisely this.

It may be a weak case, But if Tighty is doing it voluntarily and opposition to his selections makes him not want to do it, then a weak case is all he needs.

So the Blonde Advent Calendar doesn't happen if Tighty doesn't want it to?

Maybe Blonde should pass the advent baton onto another mod more used to dealing with negative comments, somebody like kinboshi?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 01:05:30 AM »

Excuse me Tom?

Precisely this.

So the Blonde Advent Calendar doesn't happen if Tighty doesn't want it to?

Maybe Blonde should pass the advent baton onto another mod more used to dealing with negative comments, somebody like kinboshi?

Who says it has to be a mod? Why don't you do it?

The older I get, the better I was.
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 03:39:53 AM »

As a long time lurker/part time poster, I really enjoyed reading both Advent calendar threads.  However this back and forth seems somewhat pointless.  For some reason last year's thread got a negative reaction from some quarters.  I have no idea if this was the reason Tighty hasn't done one this year, he might not have the time, he might not want to, I'm not in his mind and neither is anyone else.

I don't think it was ever written in stone it would be an annual event and anyway, it might do the concept good to be rested for a year.  It allows potential candidates to build up and with further years further reasons for duplicates to occur.
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2013, 03:48:41 AM »

It's fkn Eastenders again.

This is the best poker forum bar none.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2013, 07:19:40 AM »

anyone fancy a blonde forum awards instead?

No love for my blonde of the month thread suggestion?

Happy to administrate or whatever, I think a select panel which changes every year could well work for awards or a calendar.

My thinking is 4 people who cover different aspects of forum life:

Me - I read every single post on the entire forum and try to avoid being labelled as being in a clique
Pleno - in with all the young guns and up to date on all online things poker
Boshi - voice of reason, behind the scenes bod
David Amos - old man's view, has a presence in everywhere 

Obv Tighty is pretty much all these in one but this would help to share the workload. Panel is just like X factor, baggsie Nicole! Think of us as mods but less bias. oooooh, oh no he didn't.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 07:23:07 AM »

We did do an awards thread pre the advent calendar, so why not?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2013, 07:23:17 AM »

As a long time lurker/part time poster, I really enjoyed reading both Advent calendar threads.  However this back and forth seems somewhat pointless.  For some reason last year's thread got a negative reaction from some quarters.  I have no idea if this was the reason Tighty hasn't done one this year, he might not have the time, he might not want to, I'm not in his mind and neither is anyone else.

I don't think it was ever written in stone it would be an annual event and anyway, it might do the concept good to be rested for a year.  It allows potential candidates to build up and with further years further reasons for duplicates to occur.

Hi Tommy,

It was not just the negativity during it, there followed months of repeated dummy-spitting & arsey comments by some regulars about those included or excluded. These comments slightly missed the point of the exercise, of course. It's no big deal, but hardly likely to encourage Tighty to do it again.

Tighty worked very hard on the whole thing, & it was written so beautifully & cleverly, but there's not a lot of point if it results in curly lips & repeated snide comments for months afterwards. The idea was to help strengthen the Community, not divide it.

It rather suggests the whole idea of the thing was not quite grasped by some.

We get out of forums like this what we put into them.

More time was spent Moderating the thread than enough, & subsequent comments over 4 or 5 months, so Tighty just said he would not bother in future.  It's rather a shame, I think, but I don't blame him. It's odd really, because, as was evident in the "Tighty's Tourney", he is, officially, a hero here now. This week, anyway.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:28:56 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2013, 07:26:46 AM »

We did do an awards thread pre the advent calendar, so why not?

Snoopy did these every year, too.....

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/24191

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: