blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:03:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From 2 wheels to 2 cards
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From 2 wheels to 2 cards  (Read 42513 times)
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »

Wanted to share a thought I had about how easily you could get scammed by somebody in poker.

I received a Facebook message from a player selling 25% of himself for the then upcoming GUKPT main event. He is in the top tier of uk players who are world class so was selling at a 1.3 mark up and I agreed to buy 5% of him and he sent me his bank details and as it was a last min sale he needed it quick so I sent it straight away via my bank account on my phone which was done in a matter of minutes.

Anyway, it's the start of the tournamanet and I don't see his name on the start list so I message him asking if he's playing and he replies due to unforeseen circumstances he is unable to play now.
I received a refund no problem soon after, but it got me thinking how easily I had sent the money without even thinking or talking to him in person, because I had been messaged by this person on his real Facebook account and I know him to be genuine however what if his Facebook had been hacked or he left it open on somebody else's laptop or whatever and an untrustworthy individual had sent messages to people selling %'s to tournaments that don't actually exist and used a fake bank account to receive funds which you would never see again.

Anyway just sharing my thoughts about how easily it could happen to you, so just always double check before you send anybody money by speaking to them in person to confirm if they are actually selling or over the phone or whatever.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 11:44:52 PM »

Sometime, buying action or staking or both can cause problems, even though u knew the person involved . I had numerous encounter with players either staking or buying % . I m fedup of it already but some time people will let u quarrel with someone over the named player and at the end they will make up  with them and let u FUCK urself hard . Just have to be carefull to who u dealing with . Like buying % or swapping . I only buy % of Simon and Mitch only now it swapping % with my Pakistani mates . Is so annoying if u treated someone nice and u get shit in return . I m learning my lessons each day but buying action always cause problems . U were scank in Vegas when do wine try to freeroll u in the WSOP ME . Don't trust anyone if they don't trust u . Tell us more about the Vegas scam that guy do it u.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2013, 12:10:13 AM »

I hope this diary isn't shit!!!  If you spend as much time here as you do in the shower I'm sure it stands a chance.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2013, 12:13:36 AM »

Wanted to share a thought I had about how easily you could get scammed by somebody in poker.

I received a Facebook message from a player selling 25% of himself for the then upcoming GUKPT main event. He is in the top tier of uk players who are world class so was selling at a 1.3 mark up and I agreed to buy 5% of him and he sent me his bank details and as it was a last min sale he needed it quick so I sent it straight away via my bank account on my phone which was done in a matter of minutes.

Anyway, it's the start of the tournamanet and I don't see his name on the start list so I message him asking if he's playing and he replies due to unforeseen circumstances he is unable to play now.
I received a refund no problem soon after, but it got me thinking how easily I had sent the money without even thinking or talking to him in person, because I had been messaged by this person on his real Facebook account and I know him to be genuine however what if his Facebook had been hacked or he left it open on somebody else's laptop or whatever and an untrustworthy individual had sent messages to people selling %'s to tournaments that don't actually exist and used a fake bank account to receive funds which you would never see again.

Anyway just sharing my thoughts about how easily it could happen to you, so just always double check before you send anybody money by speaking to them in person to confirm if they are actually selling or over the phone or whatever.

what do you mean fake bank account?

If I buy a piece of Mitch Johnson having chatted on facebook, no way I'm sending to the bank of Billy Scammer.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2013, 12:53:21 AM »

If I buy a piece of Mitch Johnson having chatted on facebook, no way I'm sending to the bank of Billy Scammer.

I mean if for example Mr Joe Bloggs who has won a WSOP bracelet, and a GUKPT and loads of big comps online ect ect who you knew but wouldn't really class as a close friend messages you on fb saying he's selling 20% for EPT Barcalona at 1.2 and you agree to buy 10% and he says ok cool can you bank transfer it me. This is the first time you have bought a piece of this guy and he gives you said bank details and you send him the money thinking your sending it to joe Bloggs... However turns out Joe Bloggs's Facebook account had been hacked and you have just sent £700 to an unknown bank account and joe Bloggs has no idea somebody was on his account selling %'s of him.

God forbid, Joe Bloggs goes onto win said EPT and then he's got 10 angry guys wanting their share when he had no idea about it. You have to be so careful with your social media passwords in an industry like ours where people are more trusting of their peers with huge sums of money than most members of public.
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2013, 12:58:05 AM »

Sometime, buying action or staking or both can cause problems, even though u knew the person involved . I had numerous encounter with players either staking or buying % . I m fedup of it already but some time people will let u quarrel with someone over the named player and at the end they will make up  with them and let u FUCK urself hard . Just have to be carefull to who u dealing with . Like buying % or swapping . I only buy % of Simon and Mitch only now it swapping % with my Pakistani mates . Is so annoying if u treated someone nice and u get shit in return . I m learning my lessons each day but buying action always cause problems . U were scank in Vegas when do wine try to freeroll u in the WSOP ME . Don't trust anyone if they don't trust u . Tell us more about the Vegas scam that guy do it u.

The guy in Vegas has contacted me and has sent $400 so that's a start. Hopefully get the rest in bits and bobs I hope!
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 07:51:28 AM »

The guy in Vegas has contacted me and has sent $400 so that's a start. Hopefully get the rest in bits and bobs I hope!

What's this ?

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 11:57:53 AM »

Still owed 10% of my main event staking package from Vegas this summer lol
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »

Sat here at the Genting Poker Series Grand final. There's super straddles, people shipping 5x pots on river with 1 pairs. Seems good lol
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 02:44:08 PM »

Sat here at the Genting Poker Series Grand final. There's super straddles, people shipping 5x pots on river with 1 pairs. Seems good lol

I still dont really get your reasoning behind this stuff, but you seem to make it work so good on you.
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »

I never get your twisted sense of humour sometimes either lol
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2013, 12:11:02 AM »

Liam you should tell them all about your little fan club in Sheffield!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2013, 01:06:20 AM »

I mean if for example Mr Joe Bloggs who has won a WSOP bracelet, and a GUKPT and loads of big comps online ect ect who you knew but wouldn't really class as a close friend messages you on fb saying he's selling 20% for EPT Barcalona at 1.2 and you agree to buy 10% and he says ok cool can you bank transfer it me. This is the first time you have bought a piece of this guy and he gives you said bank details and you send him the money thinking your sending it to joe Bloggs... However turns out Joe Bloggs's Facebook account had been hacked and you have just sent £700 to an unknown bank account and joe Bloggs has no idea somebody was on his account selling %'s of him.

God forbid, Joe Bloggs goes onto win said EPT and then he's got 10 angry guys wanting their share when he had no idea about it. You have to be so careful with your social media passwords in an industry like ours where people are more trusting of their peers with huge sums of money than most members of public.

Sorry, it still doesn't make sense to me.

Let's say I get a pm from Toby Lewis wanting to sell 10% of something. I agree to buy. I wouldn't send to a bank account that wasn't in the name of Toby Lewis.

How is that an easy way to scam someone? :S

@GreekStein on twitter.

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2013, 09:39:40 AM »

Liam , when u do this diary u are expecting some good n bad responds . Just ignore the people that trying to wind u up or keep on asking silly questions. U don't have to answer them .  They are clueless n don't know what they fucking talking about about . They just trolls and trolls . They so gay !! xx
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »

Liam , when u do this diary u are expecting some good n bad responds . Just ignore the people that trying to wind u up or keep on asking silly questions. U don't have to answer them .  They are clueless n don't know what they fucking talking about about . They just trolls and trolls . They so gay !! xx

Was that a reference to my post?

I wasn't trolling at all if it was.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: