blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:03:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From 2 wheels to 2 cards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From 2 wheels to 2 cards  (Read 42586 times)
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »

The scene where Mason appears in the plane so that Jack can parachute out!

Enjoyed the finale, but saw that bit coming a mile off.

Yeah same...Mason was off camera for quite sometime before they took off so quickly realised he would be hiding on the plane.
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »

I'm currently top of the Blonde Fantasy Football head to head league and this week I'm against Pleno's team.

It all comes down to tonight's game, I'm 3 points ahead and it will be decided by my John Terry vs his Ivanovic as these are the only arsenal and Chelsea players we have that differ. Holllllddddddddd
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2013, 07:56:19 PM »

bro i lost 8 on xfers, u got it

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2013, 08:26:10 PM »

Yeah I lost 4 too so it's still pretty close. If Ivanovic scores or gets an assist you may win
JChapman

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2013, 10:03:44 AM »

Hey Liam,

Thanks a lot for doing this, it has made for interesting reading so far and I hope that this allows you to have a focus to return to if you find yourself slipping.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see you at DTD this week.  Please keep the Fantasy Football updates coming too!

Take care and run well.
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2013, 02:21:24 AM »

Sorry been slacking this week on updates. Been so busy with Christmas and family stuff and been playing long live cash sessions and sleeping a lot.

Christmas was okay, but just doesn't feel special anymore, don't get that excited for it tbh. It's a bit boring when your single I guess. My Christmas dinner was amazing though so always nice to have turkey as we don't have it all that often.

Had a fun night on cash on Boxing Day. Mostly 5 handed with super super straddles making the game effectively 1/2/4/8/16 and everybody was deep and one guy who as he put it 'normally plays roulette' wanted to gamble so made for interesting hands.

Key hand won - 77>AA vs roulette guy.

It was heads up as some guys were smoking away from table ect...
Roulette guy playing £2000+, I got £1,100.

He raises to 8, I make it 35 from BB. He makes it £85 I call.
Flop K73. I c/c £120. Turn 3 I check raise all in over his £386 bet he snaps me off with the bullets. I win that.

Key hand lost - AK<66

Vs roulette guy again who's playing £700 I'm playing £2,500

Only 4 handed at this point, He raises to £16 with me in the £4 straddle with AK make it £52. He then jams £700. I call. Board runs out KTQQ.....6. Ouch.

He then later loses most of it with top 2 on a 4 card straight board and then dumps the rest down roulette sigh.
I ended up winning still but a really long session ending at 10am.

OFC:
Played other night till late against Pleno, actually ran pretty good for once to make me a decent winner overall in our games now.

Tournaments:
Played the DTD £500 today...didn't get there till middle of level 3 but by the time we were halfway through level 4 I had 120,000 loooool. Turned 2 straights to fully double up vs a bluff and ten bust a full stack who had flopped top set...then won most pots I played, but became really card dead and ended on 81,500. Still alright I guess.

Football bets / Fantasy Football:

Got a massive 6400/1 sweat tomorrow needing spurs and arsenal to win and chelseavLiverpool to end in a draw to win. Also bet other random combo's of those 3 matches to hopefully almost GTD a nice win Smiley

Fantasy football went terrible today...most of my team was either injured or benched and ended on 2 points. Thankfully my vice captain is Suarez so hopefully he gets me out of it as my Capt Rooney was out with an injury. I now realise everybody messed up today though so could have been worse.

Just watching the UFC 168 prelims right now trying to keep my eyes open writing this... Excited for Tate v Rousey and Silva v Weidman II.

Got a triple bet on which looks pretty decent if you read this in time...

Travis Brown to beat Josh Barnett via TKO in rd 2
Ronda Rousey to beat Misha Tate via Arm Bar Submission in rd 1
Chris Weidman to beat Anderson Silva via points decision

Gl punters and heroes tomorrow in the DTD 500.

Signing off.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:39:02 AM by LB44 » Logged
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »

Hopes you all read my UFC 168 predictions and had a cheeky bet as all 3 were correct, although the rounds were slightly off,
Brown beat Barnett via TKO in the 1st round, Rousey beat Tate via Arm Bar in the 3rd round and Weidman beat Silva due to Silva snapping his leg in half when Weidman blocked a leg kick. It was horrendous. Could be an all time great career over right there. Although Weidman dominated the first round taking silva down with ease and ground and pound just like I thought but another weird ending. Shame as we will prob never get to see a 3rd fight.

Football Accumalator:
Had a £1 bet on 9 premier league results plus Luton, Alfreton, Dundee and Hamilton and just sweating on the Liverpool Chelsea game to draw for £6,400 to agonisingly watch Chelsea win 2-1 Sad
Laid some bets though to win £560 but still ffs! Still won another Accumalator as I was just waiting on a both teams to score in that match and the Leeds v forest match, plus my UFC treble. Was a good but could have been better day for me vs Paddy Power.

DTD 500:

Came back in high spirits with an average stack, went the usual way of winning a pot losing a pot. Folded a couple of spots where I could have called off if I wanted to gamble.
Missed an opportunity to almost double up with ButtonVbb I had AJvA3 board running out 85QA...8 to chop when he shipped river sighhh.
Got knocked out when down to around 18bbs, Iqbal Ahmed (ukipt Nottingham 2nd place guy) opened, I jammed A6ss from the sb and he tanked for a while and asked me questions which I ignored and he moved his cards towards to muck to fold then brought them back then moved his cards over to the muck again but brought them back then called with A9. Pretty dirty from him tbh....

DTD Cash game 1/2/4/8/16 :
Sat down with max of £500, lost a big pot first hand flopping a Q high flush draw vs a guy who flopped a king high Flush draw. We both get there on he turn, however board pairs on river so we don't lose the lot. I reload for another £300 then make a bad fold vs a middle aged guy with KK on Q887 so then I ask if we can uncap the game which they do and now everybody sits with chunks and we get super super straddles onto £16.

We win a big pot one with top pair which was good vs a draw who still called my check raise all in off on the turn but he missed for like £1500 then lose a £1300 pot with AQ in a super super straddled raise from the button who had QQ and it came Q2257.
Then win 2 big ones of Mitch.
First pot, theres a few limps then aggro guy raises to £40 (no straddle in this pot) we all call.
So with £200+ in the middle on the flop of I lead for £135 with Mitch calls raiser calls.
Turn , I move all in for £557. Mitch asks me if I wanna gamble and I say yes lol he calls with 9x and we hold.
The other hand we both called a £15 raise from bb and straddle seeing a flop of Ace high all diamonds.
I have K5dd he has J9dd he calls 2 streets (turn was another diamond)  then I check call river when board pairs up to bluff catch as he tries to blow me off a better diamond betting almost pot but we win almost a £1k pot there.

So there we have it, prob my last live poker session of the year goes well and puts December down as one of my best months this year which has just been amazing. Prob do a month by month short recap of my year when I get time.

Just want to end with a congratulations to my good friend and #TeamDjango captain Tim Chung who got 2nd in the 500 yesterday for £22,500. First hand of HU.... JJ<QQ lolz. Awesome result though Smiley
Also well done to super nice guys Frankie and Tom High who finished 7th and 4th too. Well deserved and about time.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:53:22 AM by LB44 » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »

Liam, enjoyed spending much of Day 1c on the same table as you (once you arrived and immediately set upon owning the table).  Me and Jack sat meekly at the other end folding for fun, until he got bent over after flopping top set and getting runner-runnered by 72-sooted.  That was a strange move by the 72...

Thought you used your chips well, and bullied the weak/passive players at the table - getting some to fold some very strong hands at times.

Sure you'll win won of these sooner or later.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 02:51:59 PM »

Cheers dan. Don't have a problem on day 1's just can't seem to do well once were under 40 bigs on day 2. Hopefully will just get lucky as hell and bink one of these next year haha.

Yeah Jack's bust out was soooo dirty.

How did you do on day 2?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 04:20:58 PM »

Talk us through one of your bullying hands. Feel free to omit anything personal, but perhaps you could include some or all of these:

- Basics (blinds, stacks, position)
- Did you target Villain for this hand? Why?
- When did you think Villain was going to fold? What gave you that impression?
- Was there anything in bet sizing that struck you as odd? Did you see anything physical as a change in Villain's demeanour (discomfort, eg)?
- Why did you size your bets as you did?
- Were you mentally committed to winning the hand, or would you have folded if, even at the last minute, you'd encountered resistance (say a c/r)?
- What makes the hand memorable for you?
- What would you have done differently with hindsight?

Lots of people post PHAs when they want other people's views on a hand. Not enough tell people what they thought during and after a hand.

Fancy sharing?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 11:11:56 PM »

Would be interesting to hear, but I'm sure Liam wouldn't want to give too much of his game away.

There was one bloke at the table who was very willing to fold, and also quite willing to say what he'd folded. Liam die punish him several times after that.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2013, 11:42:59 PM »

I think people get too sensitive about this stuff tbh. There aren't many people who sit at tables in comps with a database of styles and players at their disposal. Nobody is playing, making perfect adjustments against you, based on the hand you told everyone about a little while ago. One hand where you give a little bit of info out is not, in my view, giving the game away.

Let me give a for instance:

"The chap in seat 5 hadn't played many hands but, when he had, he'd largely been aggressive pre and then pretty happy to keep the pot small after that. I've seen him about a few times but don't know his name. He opened in early position and I decided to isolate, so I three bet from the button to 2.5x. He was the only caller, which he did without any hesitation. The flop came Ace high (AT3), two hearts and he stared at the flop a little longer than I expected. He then opted to bet half the pot after a brief moment and I figured he'd probably missed that, maybe a pair under tens, and was taking a shot. Seemed like a great spot to float. I call. Turn card paired the three, so I have to be prepared to call another bet to bet a scare card if it comes on the end. He wasn't going to check, which is fine, but he bet the same amount again and I wasn't going to believe that. I called, although raising is probably better against him tbh. The river comes a queen and he check folds to my half pot bet with 64o."

You get the idea. It's hardly military intelligence.

Obviously, no pressure on Liam. You can choose a hand you played contrary to your normal style if you like (don't tell us whether you've done that, of course!)

I try to remember who I've told what hands to, but then I'm a bit weird. I also don't play the game very well, so exploiting me requires less rigour.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2013, 07:55:27 PM »

I think the table/tournament in question was a quite simple one really.

He raised QQ off the button and I watched his reaction as they dealt the flop which was 3AK. He seemed delighted pre flop, no reaction on the first card but when the ace and king peeled off he frowned and slumped in his chair. It got checked to him who insta frustrated checked, turn peeled, sb checked so I bet around a 1/3rd of the pot with 8 high and he lifts his cards up and says worst flop in the world for me and folded, so did the sb.

After that I just tried to play as many pots as I could against him as he was very abc.

Nothing special really, just smart poker. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:18:03 PM by LB44 » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2013, 08:02:50 PM »

Happy new year broseph

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2013, 08:16:20 PM »

I think the table/tournament in question was a quite simple one really.

He raised QQ off the button and I watched his reaction as they dealt the flop which was 3AK. He seemed delighted pre flop, no reaction on the first card but when the ace and king peeled off he frowned and slumped in his chair. It got checked to him who insta frustrated checked an checked so I bet around a 1/3rd of the pot with 8 high and he lifts his cards up and says worst flop in the world for me and folded, so did the sb.

After that I just tried to play as many pots as I could against him as he was very abc.

Nothing special really, just smart poker. Smiley

Thanks for sharing.

I expect good things for this thread in the year ahead. Hope it brings you what you want.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: