blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Keane v Viera
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keane v Viera  (Read 6566 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 02:00:17 AM »

Hilarious he bites here too

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tXLjSfgLJm0

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 02:24:05 AM »

who would win in a fight keith?0

I truly hated him when he played, now I doubt there is anyone in football I respect more.

Bold statement. Why do you respect him most highly in Football, or think you do? There are a lot of questionable things he did. Leaving Ireland at the start of a world cup finals in 2002, when they had a team with a legitimate chance of getting through to the quarters, because he didn't like a shoddy FAI setup? Could you imagine an English player doing the same and anyone thinking he could hold any ounce of respect after? Let alone offering a job on the national team some 11 years later?

I mean come on seriously. The man has a huge sense of inflated ego, carries on as if he is the authority on most things he says which can often come across as really arrogant, even if he is right.

He deliberately went out to hurt Haaland just because he gave him gyp when Keane injured HIMSELF in trying to trip Haaland in a previous match. Haaland didn't cover himself in glory by running over to him and slagging him off as he laid helpless on the floor, in the first incident at Elland Road but he was not to know the extent of Keane's injury and all he knew at the time was that he was clipped by a naughty off the ball challenge by Keane, justifying Haaland to be angry at the time.

Only because of the seriousness of the injury can you feel sorry for Keane. So for me Haaland has done nothing wrong here, but despite years since the incident and knowing all of the factors Keane still showed the immaturity to absolutely crunch him, running the higher risk of ending Haaland's career when he had the chance and he succeeded. Haaland was not worthy of that at all.

That sort of immaturity too, plagued him throughout his career, how many red cards did he get from acting the fool and not properly being able to deal with the intensity of a match. Granted it was his own personal intensity, when tamed, that made him such a force, but his immaturity shone through on many an occasion and still does today.

I borderline detest the man. And I am generally very placid. The fact he is a part of the Ireland setup now makes me feel a little sick tbh. How spineless are the FAI to let him in?

You only have to look at Vieira's reaction to the question of could you understand what was going through Keane's head when he decided to leave the world cup, he struggled for a while and responded no, after mentioning how proud he was to be a French player.

Yes he was a great leader of men on the pitch, an excellent player, but for not playing for Ireland in the World Cup, I think that is enough to lose nearly all respect for the man, especially over such pitiful reasons.  Yes he can get some of it back, but to rate him as one of the people you most respect in football, I am definitely baffled.

Hopefully that hasn't come across as OTT, I am not angry or anything, lol, I just thought i would state the case, and wonder how you can maintain your view despite him being capable of leaving his country at a World Cup finals.
Domaison

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 02:28:34 AM »

I truly hated him when he played, now I doubt there is anyone in football I respect more.

Bold statement. Why do you respect him most highly in Football, or think you do? There are a lot of questionable things he did. Leaving Ireland at the start of a world cup finals in 2002, when they had a team with a legitimate chance of getting through to the quarters, because he didn't like a shoddy FAI setup? Could you imagine an English player doing the same and anyone thinking he could hold any ounce of respect after? Let alone offering a job on the national team some 11 years later?

I mean come on seriously. The man has a huge sense of inflated ego, carries on as if he is the authority on most things he says which can often come across as really arrogant, even if he is right.

He deliberately went out to hurt Haaland just because he gave him gyp when Keane injured HIMSELF in trying to trip Haaland in a previous match. Haaland didn't cover himself in glory by running over to him and slagging him off as he laid helpless on the floor, in the first incident at Elland Road but he was not to know the extent of Keane's injury and all he knew at the time was that he was clipped by a naughty off the ball challenge by Keane, justifying Haaland to be angry at the time.

Only because of the seriousness of the injury can you feel sorry for Keane. So for me Haaland has done nothing wrong here, but despite years since the incident and knowing all of the factors Keane still showed the immaturity to absolutely crunch him, running the higher risk of ending Haaland's career when he had the chance and he succeeded. Haaland was not worthy of that at all.

That sort of immaturity too, plagued him throughout his career, how many red cards did he get from acting the fool and not properly being able to deal with the intensity of a match. Granted it was his own personal intensity, when tamed, that made him such a force, but his immaturity shone through on many an occasion and still does today.

I borderline detest the man. And I am generally very placid. The fact he is a part of the Ireland setup now makes me feel a little sick tbh. How spineless are the FAI to let him in?

You only have to look at Vieira's reaction to the question of could you understand what was going through Keane's head when he decided to leave the world cup, he struggled for a while and responded no, after mentioning how proud he was to be a French player.

Yes he was a great leader of men on the pitch, an excellent player, but for not playing for Ireland in the World Cup, I think that is enough to lose nearly all respect for the man, especially over such pitiful reasons.  Yes he can get some of it back, but to rate him as one of the people you most respect in football, I am definitely baffled.

Hopefully that hasn't come across as OTT, I am not angry or anything, lol, I just thought i would state the case, and wonder how you can maintain your view despite him being capable of leaving his country at a World Cup finals.

THIS

Roy Keane was a fantastic player for United
Roy Keane was a complete arsehole. 
Smiley

Domaison

BetBetbet......
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 02:49:17 AM »

I couldn't stand the man when he was playing for all the reasons you detail in this post.

But now I love the fella.

Talks more sense than 99.9% of analysts, doesn't suffer fools in the media and their inane questions, shows no fear in saying what he thinks is right.

But most all he's honest with zero bullshit.

How many players when asked about the Haaland incident all these years later would try and mount a defence for themselves or say how much they regret it.

Not Keano. He did what he thought was right and sticks by his judgement.

Love people with courage of their convictions.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 02:56:29 AM »

I would LOVE to see this, Keane is maybe my all time favourite player

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/keane-and-viera-best-of-enemies/series-1/episode-1-keane-and-viera-best-of-enemies
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 03:35:37 AM »

I couldn't stand the man when he was playing for all the reasons you detail in this post.

Talks more sense than 99.9% of analysts, doesn't suffer fools in the media and their inane questions, shows no fear in saying what he thinks is right.

How many players when asked about the Haaland incident all these years later would try and mount a defence for themselves or say how much they regret it.

Media wise, I am with you, I think he is very astute and he doesn't talk bull shit which is refreshing, and is why he is so popular, and why his view is often seen sometimes as the standard.

Sounds to me you just like and respect him as a pundit, of course too for his past playing ability.

Are you sure you can like a man that sticks to his guns and shows no remorse over a callous act? What is the redeeming feature here? He regrets nothing therefore there is a quaint dignity there? I can see how you like the fact he will not sway to anyone. If he thinks he's right, he is, in his eyes but what about when he is resoundingly wrong and morally vacant? Surely the subject matter of his resoluteness negates his approach to it? How can you respect him for that? His ignorance here is huge.

I have no idea how he can maintain such a high ground with his opinion, in the media, demanding respect, when he has been guilty of ending someone's career unjustly, without remorse and deserting his country when they needed him most? It is that too that grates me when he maintains a smug assurance of his views on ITV, I don't think he deserves the media spotlight, despite the content of what he says quite often being excellent. Even then though he is immature. He backs his views and when discussing can come across as abrupt, rude and self serving. He's almost a caricature.

I would pose the question of if any England player had left the World Cup set up in 2002, under similar circumstances, would he garner as much respect as Keane does now? No, I think would be the answer, he would probably be cast away and disrespected for good, even if he made valiant attempts to clear his rep, he would have done something unforgivable.

There is something that people really like about Keane, it is the outrageous conviction, as you said Keith, that he has of his views, but so many of them have been misguided, and a couple were irretrievably so. So i have no idea how he has still maintained this level of respect when he should have been discarded as a huge liability long ago.

Then there is the question of forgiveness of course. And that is probably what I need to be doing right now Smiley If he helps get Rep. of Ireland into the quarters of a big comp, then he has taken a huge stride to getting me back on board Smiley

Sorry for the rant there Keith, he really annoyed me when I was 13 years old, and didn't realise I still felt so strongly about him still, ha.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:42 AM »

The thing with ego's is you need to be able to back it up, Roy Keane almost certainly could.

Matters not what I think about him, he could back it up.

Whoever works for ITV(4) abs crushes at making documentaries, this was really good, would say at least half of the Sports life stories were better though, but that's because I didn't know the back story.

One thing I found very interesting, I've never seen any likeability about Roy Keane when he works as a pundit, but thought he come across very well in this, well worth a watch.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 04:18:27 AM »

Roy Keane is my fucking hero

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 04:19:36 AM »

The thing with ego's is you need to be able to back it up, Roy Keane almost certainly could.

Matters not what I think about him, he could back it up.

Whoever works for ITV(4) abs crushes at making documentaries, this was really good, would say at least half of the Sports life stories were better though, but that's because I didn't know the back story.

One thing I found very interesting, I've never seen any likeability about Roy Keane when he works as a pundit, but thought he come across very well in this, well worth a watch.

Was a great watch agreed. Need to catch up with the rest of their life stories shows. The Drogba one was shown tonight, missed it.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 04:26:53 AM »

Wonder how much Paul Ince shipped to Keano, the idea of Scholesy not being in the overall team nevermind Man U's best is just silly.

I'd take Vieira over Keane.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 04:27:49 AM »

Roy Keane is my fucking hero

What's your thoughts on Sir Alex then ?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:43 AM »

Media wise, I am with you, I think he is very astute and he doesn't talk bull shit which is refreshing, and is why he is so popular, and why his view is often seen sometimes as the standard.

Sounds to me you just like and respect him as a pundit, of course too for his past playing ability.

Are you sure you can like a man that sticks to his guns and shows no remorse over a callous act? What is the redeeming feature here? He regrets nothing therefore there is a quaint dignity there? I can see how you like the fact he will not sway to anyone. If he thinks he's right, he is, in his eyes but what about when he is resoundingly wrong and morally vacant? Surely the subject matter of his resoluteness negates his approach to it? How can you respect him for that? His ignorance here is huge.

I have no idea how he can maintain such a high ground with his opinion, in the media, demanding respect, when he has been guilty of ending someone's career unjustly, without remorse and deserting his country when they needed him most? It is that too that grates me when he maintains a smug assurance of his views on ITV, I don't think he deserves the media spotlight, despite the content of what he says quite often being excellent. Even then though he is immature. He backs his views and when discussing can come across as abrupt, rude and self serving. He's almost a caricature.

I would pose the question of if any England player had left the World Cup set up in 2002, under similar circumstances, would he garner as much respect as Keane does now? No, I think would be the answer, he would probably be cast away and disrespected for good, even if he made valiant attempts to clear his rep, he would have done something unforgivable.

There is something that people really like about Keane, it is the outrageous conviction, as you said Keith, that he has of his views, but so many of them have been misguided, and a couple were irretrievably so. So i have no idea how he has still maintained this level of respect when he should have been discarded as a huge liability long ago.

Then there is the question of forgiveness of course. And that is probably what I need to be doing right now Smiley If he helps get Rep. of Ireland into the quarters of a big comp, then he has taken a huge stride to getting me back on board Smiley

Sorry for the rant there Keith, he really annoyed me when I was 13 years old, and didn't realise I still felt so strongly about him still, ha.

What Haaland did was very very nasty.

To taunt someone writhing around in agony with a busted ACR was disgusting.

Obviously he didn't deserve a broken leg for doing it, but I can understand why it annoyed Keane so much.

As for leaving the WC squad, well again it showed he had courage of his convictions.

He thought the prep was amatuer hour and gave them no chance of performing to the levels he expected.

So he walked. Hats off.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 06:04:46 AM »

Haaland didn't know Keane was injured so badly, how often is someone? High percentage of the time they are fit for the next game and you have to assume, in the short moments after the incident, that is what Haaland was thinking. That was without pre meditation. Also it wasn't physical abuse was it, Keane was trying to kick him! So how exactly are you putting Haaland in the wrong here and giving Keane room to come out of this with any dignity? Haaland was well within his rights to have a go, knowing what he knew at the time, Keane knows the circumstances leading up to Haaland lambasting him at that time, and shouldn't bring his busted ACL into it, because Haaland didn't know.

What Keane did to Haaland he waited years to inflict, and wanted to inflict as much damage as possible, and with that he is scummy. Just really a terrible action. And today he doesn't back down from those actions? I think that just shows the man that he is.

With Ireland, without Roy Keane, they got to the second round and if it wasn't for a missed Ian Harte penno in normal time, Ireland could have beat Spain, as it stood they lost on penalties. The next round had South Korea, despite their support, it would not have been outrageous to see Ireland win that game too, and then all of a sudden they are in the semis. With Roy Keane, you can assume they may have made the quarters and really gone for it that year.

On leaving your country because of bad prep in training facilities, despite being unhappy about it, there is no way you could commend that imo and too right that Keane has since said that he has regretted leaving that squad. He let his country and his family down, as was said by him in that doc. A reason to leave in those circumstances has to be much more severe.

It's the World Cup Keith? Would you say hats off to a player doing that in 2002 for England, if hypothetically, the training facilities were not up to scratch? Even if you did, 99% of the public wouldn't and would say its an abomination. Look how the English media reacted to Beckham getting red carded in 1998 against Argentina, that was heat of the moment, something that should have been quickly forgiven, could you imagine if they were dealing with a player leaving because he didn't fancy it because the training facilities were not up to scratch, not to mention it is your best player doing this!

I know it ran deeper with Keane not seeing eye to eye with Mick McCarthy, but his actions generally were farcical and he got off very lightly.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »

Keane = Good player, Bad pundit, awful person
Vieira = Great player, average pundit, nice person
Gary Neville = Great player, Best football pundit I've seen, pure hero.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 09:17:20 AM »

Keane = Good player, Bad pundit, awful person
Vieira = Great player, average pundit, nice person
Gary Neville = Great player, Best football pundit I've seen, pure hero.

Keane = good? 

Who wouldn't want him in their team? His punditry is ok, and his character is probably better hidden than most by his public persona.

He was also, indirectly, responsible for one of the most genuine spluttering with laughter I can recall. On his appointment to the manager's job at Sunderland the BBC reporter said, very seriously, that he would need to adjust to the fact that the players under his control would include "some who weren't as good as he had been"

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: