blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Do we need ANTES in DTD's £15 to £50 Evening Comps (30 min clocks or less)?
Poll
Question: Should there be Antes in 1 Day £15-£50 comps?
No Antes - 59 (45.7%)
Yes - Keep Antes - 65 (50.4%)
Dont Care or Dont know - 5 (3.9%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do we need ANTES in DTD's £15 to £50 Evening Comps (30 min clocks or less)?  (Read 24482 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2013, 02:42:34 PM »

Can someone confirm if antes are staying for now. Me and a few mates planning to make the trip Friday but won't be coming if no antes. Ta

Are boycotting ifs antes are removed ? One less player to beat!!

Ha wouldn't call it a boycott.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »

Can someone confirm if antes are staying for now. Me and a few mates planning to make the trip Friday but won't be coming if no antes. Ta

We are not making any changes this week.

But serious - you and your friends threatening to boycott / not support a DTD event kind of makes me puke.

Sigh TK

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:21:11 PM by robyong » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »

But serious - you and your friends threatening to boycott / not support a DTD event kind of makes me puke.

Sigh TK

It's not a boycott Rob just personal preference. The idea of playing a comp without antes just isn't appealing.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2013, 04:13:40 PM »

Sigh TK

It's not a boycott Rob just personal preference. The idea of playing a comp without antes just isn't appealing.

Hi George,

I think - in fact I would bet - that your Post did not come out quite as you intended.

There is a whole world of difference between these two Posts, the written word is very unforgiving.

Can someone confirm if antes are staying for now. Me and a few mates planning to make the trip Friday . Ta

Now see how different in tone & intent this looks......

One of those is far more likely to be positively received, as intended, than the other.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »

I never used the language boycott. And my post wasn't a threat. And I don't understand why I wouldn't be supporting Dtd if I didn't play an anteless tournament which wouldn't appeal to me.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
janstar
janstar

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2013, 05:03:05 PM »

I never used the language boycott. And my post wasn't a threat. And I don't understand why I wouldn't be supporting Dtd if I didn't play an anteless tournament which wouldn't appeal to me.
So your saying do as myself and my friends want or we wont come to DTD...Now to me that is a very childish attitude to take..why not say you will come give it a go without antes and an open mind and if its not for you then in future you wont come...You can't just dismiss a new idea just because you like the way something is at present,who's to say removing the antes wont make for a better product......Im no crash hot poker player but i do support DTD and if they want to try something new lets give it a go...A couple of years ago someone said to me the DTD Poker League wont last 5mins..i think you will find this not to be the case,lets try be flexible and give it a go.

HULL...WHAT YOU CALL HELL...I CALL HOME....
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »

Hold on a minute George supports DTD a lot

Perhaps his comment was a bit insensitive/easy to be taken out of context, but it wasn't helped when someone used the word "boycott" after him. Which wasn't too helpful

I doubt very much George would ever do that. Big fan of DTD and its tournaments, that much is evident

So lets not make mountains out of molehills please

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »

LOL at having no antes is a "new idea".

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »

I don't understand how George's post could be seen as a threat, that would mean he would think he solely could be a deciding factor in ante's/no ante's.

I'm 100% certain he wouldn't be stupid enough to think that.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2013, 05:38:52 PM »

So your saying do as myself and my friends want or we wont come to DTD...Now to me that is a very childish attitude to take..why not say you will come give it a go without antes and an open mind and if its not for you then in future you wont come...You can't just dismiss a new idea just because you like the way something is at present,who's to say removing the antes wont make for a better product......Im no crash hot poker player but i do support DTD and if they want to try something new lets give it a go...A couple of years ago someone said to me the DTD Poker League wont last 5mins..i think you will find this not to be the case,lets try be flexible and give it a go.

I've played comps both with and without antes and without antes is not for me. A personal choice. I did not intend it to sound like I wasn't supporting a new idea nor did I mean it to sound like I was taking my bat and ball home. I'm all for innovative ideas. I supported the idea of a shot clock on dtd nightly comps- it was subsequently shot down and never happened.

Perhaps his comment was a bit insensitive/easy to be taken out of context, but it wasn't helped when someone used the word "boycott" after him. Which wasn't too helpful

I doubt very much George would ever do that. Big fan of DTD and its tournaments, that much is evident

Cheers Tighty. I'm a big advocate and fan of the way did do things. My comments may have been construed in a certain way. They were never intended as a threat or a boycott.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »

I don't understand how George's post could be seen as a threat, that would mean he would think he solely could be a deciding factor in ante's/no ante's.

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Ban

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Boycottaments

fyp
janstar
janstar

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »

I've played comps both with and without antes and without antes is not for me. A personal choice. I did not intend it to sound like I wasn't supporting a new idea nor did I mean it to sound like I was taking my bat and ball home. I'm all for innovative ideas. I supported the idea of a shot clock on dtd nightly comps- it was subsequently shot down and never happened.

Cheers Tighty. I'm a big advocate and fan of the way did do things. My comments may have been construed in a certain way. They were never intended as a threat or a boycott.
George apologies if i offended you that was not my intension...i just like to see inovative ideas given a chance,i have never played a no antes tournement so would welcome the opportunity to see for myself if it works or not,believe me i will be the first to let the relative powers know if i think its not working...good luck in future events.

HULL...WHAT YOU CALL HELL...I CALL HOME....
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2013, 07:41:56 PM »

Lol, didnt think it was that bad wat George said, he's being honest he wouldn't play Friday if it was in place which is fair enough, feeling that muzzles our put on people's mouth incase people get offended by things said our the way it's put across. Understand people barking back!!game on Wink

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: