blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 09:46:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272919 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $530 Monday PLO - Hand 1 vs JaKoon1985
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $530 Monday PLO - Hand 1 vs JaKoon1985  (Read 1636 times)
Pinchop73

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2013, 02:32:37 AM »

Hand vs Jakoon1985, Jason Koon, one of the strongest players online atm imo.
I'm just on a mini heater in this comp, joined table 28 hands ago so don't feel hud stats are particularly relevant. Satt'ed in, no idea if he knows this. No history in the past really.

PokerStars Hand #108644208149: Tournament #832611971, $500+$30 USD Omaha Pot Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2013/12/17 0:23:57 WET [2013/12/16 19:23:57 ET]
Table '832611971 6' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: ShanksFTW (7989 in chips)
Seat 2: Ultraballs18 (19278 in chips)
Seat 3: pmahoney22 (8546 in chips)
Seat 5: jakoon1985 (15156 in chips)
Seat 6: MaxMur888 (11893 in chips)
pmahoney22: posts small blind 125
jakoon1985: posts big blind 250
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ultraballs18 [ ]
MaxMur888: folds
ShanksFTW: folds
Ultraballs18: raises 250 to 500
pmahoney22: folds
jakoon1985: calls 250
*** FLOP *** [ As ]
jakoon1985: checks
Ultraballs18: checks
*** TURN *** [ As ] []
jakoon1985: bets 843
pmahoney22 said, "you in prague jakoon?"
Ultraballs18: raises 1407 to 2250
jakoon1985: raises 5625 to 7875
Ultraballs18: ?

With the straight blocker and so much flush equity can we really fold? I felt that the club draw was extremely weak so really had to consider that the club outs may be dead.

Call turn to try and realise equity vs supervillain a far better line?

If we choose to bet flop (which would be std imo) do we 3b/gii? I prefer to gii vs someone we literally have no perceived edge over like Jason rather than some spazz who we can stack easily. I chose to check flop behind because, if another spade did roll off, villain is hardly eer going to have the nut flush in my range so we can therefore easily overflush stack him.

Here's the hand on boom, results are shown but understanding stack sizes ott might be easier to come to a decision
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/6459079_367EB93618

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 02:53:24 AM »

How has he been playing up until this point? All I know about the guy is he's a HSMTT reg but i guess he mainly plays unlimited hold ems.

Do you think he'd flat your raise with with like JQ9 no spades no clubs? or pot them?

I'd call if I thought he was likely to overplay the nuts no redraw but if I give him a bit more credit as a PLO player then I'd just call his turn bet.

I think flop check back is interesting. I'd probably lean towards betting for a few reasons.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 03:06:54 AM »

fwiw villain (i believe) is an ex PLO cash player whom now plays comps.

An extremely high level thinking player. When Galfond is one of your best mates I'm going to doubt that he's shit.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 03:17:38 AM »

fwiw villain (i believe) is an ex PLO cash player whom now plays comps.

An extremely high level thinking player. When Galfond is one of your best mates I'm going to doubt that he's shit.

So I'm definitely calling his turn bet then.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 03:20:33 AM »

Not getting it in on the turn? If you flat he has like 1:4 spr otr? Can you fold rier if it bricks off?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 03:27:09 AM »

Not getting it in on the turn? If you flat he has like 1:4 spr otr? Can you fold rier if it bricks off?

You have king high?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 03:30:28 AM »

No no, you misunderstood.

He leads the turn. I flat.

@GreekStein on twitter.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 03:43:33 AM »

*Genuinely not seen results yet*

You should defo bet the flop here, for a couple of reasons. Firstly you have sick equity and can happily stand a c/r even if he pots it the stacks are pretty deep so you can comfortably call and just see what happens, he might choose semi-bluff raise the flop (your btn open range is pretty wide and you'll likely cbet this flop quite a bit) with some hands that include spades, so some decent implied odds to calling a c/r - obv jakoon isn't getting a J high flush in OTT but still likely to get one more bet somehow out of him, pretty hard to c/r thif flop with a hand like JT76spades and not lose one more bet when a spade hits, even if you're a superhuman man! The main reason why I don't like checking this specific hand back is because you have no immediate showdown value, so you're hand is never going to be able to be an effective bluff catcher. if you had like KQ84 so you could make 888 or 84 or K4 even a hand with some bluff-catching value then I quite like the chk-back sometimes, speshly vs good, aggressive villains. As it happens you have K high and there is a lot of value to him c/f this flop so a hand like this, lots of equity but not SD value is literally the nut hand to c-bet (behind AAA/TTT obv) I'd rather chk AT back than this hand.

The reason this is relevant is that it affects the playability of the hand hugely, for example, you chk back here and he leads the turn, you're forced to just call and try make your hand and unimproved you wont be able to call any rivers.

The turn raise is pretty silly i think, seems like a very easy call, chances are you'll get another bet on both spades and J's - and if we river a club the pot is nice and manageable so we can decide if we wanna call or not (we prolly should) raising leaves you venerable to being in a very horrible spot OTT if you get 3bet, which you are. I'd call here in a cash game but you should fold in a tourney imo. Basically we've put the most money in with good equity and not managed to see a river card which is a pretty disastrous mistake in PLO. Going all-in on the turn when his range is pretty J9 heavy at this point (you both have J9 in your range easily imo - means he is less likely to bluff, and you should be too) is completely out of the question - speshly as we can't make any river mistakes, comes the he jams we fold cos we have no pair.

BTW I donn;t think you're thinking is far off at all, you've just picked the wrong hand to play like this. Much better hands to chk-back flop + (semi)bluff raise turns with, you can rep J9 fine imo.

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:34:33 AM »

<3

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ultraballs18 [ ]
MaxMur888: folds
ShanksFTW: folds
Ultraballs18: raises 250 to 500
pmahoney22: folds
jakoon1985: calls 250
*** FLOP *** [ As ]
jakoon1985: checks
Ultraballs18: checks

*** TURN *** [ As ] []
jakoon1985: bets 843
Ultraballs18: raises 1407 to 2250

jakoon1985: raises 5625 to 7875
Ultraballs18:

The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 01:49:52 PM »

Horrif! Prob has ATcc when he 3 bets turn.

In all seriousness don't be starry-eyed and assume cos someones a big name they trying to outplay you. Jakoon's very solid.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 04:10:46 PM »

Horrif! Prob has ATcc when he 3 bets turn.

In all seriousness don't be starry-eyed and assume cos someones a big name they trying to outplay you. Jakoon's very solid.

Chat box tells tho. He knows pinchop now knows him. More likely to out play him

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »

The main reason why I don't like checking this specific hand back is because you have no immediate showdown value, so you're hand is never going to be able to be an effective bluff catcher. if you had like KQ84 so you could make 888 or 84 or K4 even a hand with some bluff-catching value then I quite like the chk-back sometimes, speshly vs good, aggressive villains.

i found this really good advice. i never took into consideration that much about immediate showdown value when im feeling all trappy with sweet draws; i think loads of outs!! tons of good cards to bet/raise on the turn ect.

To win at poker is to not have to play
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: