blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:39:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272827 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Raziel2689 Heads Up 2014 Grind
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Raziel2689 Heads Up 2014 Grind  (Read 31460 times)
Flash92

onesickhunt.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2014, 10:36:29 PM »

Best of luck with the grind pal!

I'm a huge fan of the music you are posting too, keep it coming Smiley
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2014, 06:32:23 AM »

Can you confirm/deny the rumour (that I may possibly have just made up) that your sole reason for creating this diary was to post that HH Tongue

haha its one of my favourite for sure, was definitely going to go up at some point Tongue

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2014, 06:38:45 AM »

Day 25

VPPs - 1280
VPPs This Month - 37,923

HUSNGs - -$1160

January Profit - $2249
January Rakeback - $3115

A thoroughly deserved loss, I played like shit today. The connection issues with BT Infinity customers continued today, apparently a fibre optic cable under the sea between the UK and the Isle of Mann is down and traffic is being rerouted via satellite. Unfortunately said satellite can't handle peak traffic which explains why its been unplayable during the daytime but fine after around 9pm. Ended up having to skip the TCOOP heads up which was disappointing but hey ho, SCOOP isn't far away.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2014, 06:36:47 AM »

Day 26

VPPs - 844
VPPs This Month - 38,767

HUSNGs - $565

January Profit - $2814
January Rakeback - $3182

Still having connection issues stopping me from playing before 10pm so poor volume again but decent results.

Decided to put up a few tracks by Sigma, one of the hottest production duos at the moment. They've been around since '08 but had a really big last 6 months of 2013 and seem to have plenty more in the pipeline. This first track in particular is an example of the funny crossovers that can happen when dnb producers have a go at tracks that are getting big radio airplay. The only radio shows I listen to are Friction, Crissy Criss, Annie Mac and Annie Nightingale (all Radio 1/1xtra) so when it comes to top 40 stuff I don't really have a clue whats up there at any given time. This one isn't set for release until March so not sure how much love its getting on commercial radio just yet but its looking like being one of the bigger tracks of the year already. Can definitely see this being a big festival anthem this year. Sigma did really well with Rudeboy last year and Summer Days was featured in a ton of festival sets last summer too so they're gaining momentum and are definitely one to watch. Enjoy Smiley

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2014, 06:48:58 AM »

sigma remix of route 94 is incred!!

check these out if you aint already!

another i'd like to share

To win at poker is to not have to play
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2014, 06:04:17 AM »

Day 27

VPPs - 1438
VPPs This Month - 40,205

HUSNGs - $590

January Profit - $3404
January Rakeback - $3296

First day of battling against the newly formed 'cartel' at $60 hypers on stars. Basically a group of the best regs getting entering an agreement to sit anyone outside the group if they're in a lobby. If you're in then you get all the fish you want and if you're out you're playing 100% of your games against regs. I'm not really into the whole heads up SNG community so I don't know who's orchestrating the deal which means I'm out by default and will have to play my way in. It has caused a lot of controversy, Stars have made a statement saying that people can do what they want and if people want to group together to control the lobbies at a particular game/stake then thats fine which I agree with. I think its just a natural evolution of the game but we'll see what happens.

Everyone in the cartel agrees to sit anyone and everyone thats out if they appear in the lobbies which means that the weakest members of the cartel are bound to sit anyone outside even if they don't think that they're +EV against them. Apparently anyone that refuses to sit people outside of the group will be booted out since the other members won't appreciate the weaker members freerolling lobbies without putting in the games against outsiders. In theory this should work out great with all the best players getting all the recs and the weaker players being forced to move down in stakes. There will always be politics involved though with friendships and staking arrangements within and outside the group, so we'll see what happens. I've already have a few of the cartel regs quit me which they're not supposed to be doing so the group will probably all fall apart as these have done many times in the past.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2014, 06:04:54 AM »

sigma remix of route 94 is incred!!

check these out if you aint already!

another i'd like to share

Finished super late so didn't get a chance to check these out, will do in the morning Smiley

kano

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 12:56:55 AM »

Really enjoying this blog, keep it up thumbs up
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 08:00:39 AM »

Day 28

VPPs - 1989
VPPs This Month - 42,194

HUSNGs - $26

January Profit - $3430
January Rakeback - $3454

Dug myself another hole and got out again today, plenty of VPPs and cruising towards my January goal of 45k which is pretty chill. Playing against the catel at hypers has been pretty fun.

Click to see full-size image.

@Oxford, really like the Route 94 track, the Kahn one didn't really grab me, the vocal loops were kinda irritating actually! I stumbled across a mix that Route 94 put together for Skream & Benga's future stars show on Radio 1 that has been getting rave reviews. I haven't listened to it myself yet but it'll be first up tomorrow

https://soundcloud.com/route94/skream-bengas-2014-future

Really enjoying this blog, keep it up thumbs up

tyty, so so many artists I want to feature that they'll definitely take me to the end of the year probably even more!

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2014, 06:19:35 AM »

Day 29

VPPs - 1574
VPPs This Month - 43,768

HUSNGs - -$171

January Profit - $3259
January Rakeback - $3576

Played ok today, not great but passable at any rate. I've been watching some heads up cash videos that are a little more balance/game theory based because I feel thats an area of my game that could be vastly improved upon. Standard heads up SNG strategy is really big on exploitative strategies that can really get you into trouble against better players if you're unable to reign it in a bit with a barrelling and start clicking the call button a lot more than you would against unknowns. Consequently I made a couple of horrendous river calls (Cheesy) but lots of good information overall.

Posting a few tracks from one of my favourite producers on the scene at the moment, Etherwood. He has a really unique style of super chill dnb that is more piano-driven than well....drum and bass driven Smiley Kinda hard to explain but you'll know what I mean if you give it a listen. His debut album dropped on Med School Music (the sub label of the mighty Hospital Records that gives exposure to a lot of new and emerging artists) in November to near universal acclaim. For sure one of the best albums of 2013 imo.

The gig I'm off to in Leeds at the end of Feb will be my fifth attempt at seeing him live. Due to his really chill vibe he tends to be pretty far down the billing at a lot of events and even opening at like 8pm sometimes. I'm 0-5 at getting to any of these things before midnight but I shall be there for opening this time. Its not really even stuff that you'd really want to dance to, just beautiful sounds to sit and have a beer to!

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2014, 06:56:49 AM »

Days 30 & 31

Day 29

VPPs - 2482
VPPs This Month - 46,250

HUSNGs - -$430

January Profit - $2829
January Rakeback - $3781

Didn't play much the last couple of days, been getting into a really bad routine of being awake till 7am and not getting up until gone 2pm, definitely need to fix that. Played another 200s session, ended with a small loss but absolutely chunking off EV. Been running pretty hot all in but been regularly finding nut low board runs and having to make sigh folds in big pots a lot hence red line hitting the deck.

Not a bad start to the year by any means but could have been a lot better results-wise. February will be lower volume but I'm going to be adding in some volume on iPoker where all of the games are in Euros now so adding in some 100 euro games will up my average buyin a little. Lets gooooo.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2014, 05:17:37 AM »

Days 32 & 33

VPPs - 1979
VPPs This Month - 1979
VPPs - 48,229

HUSNGs - $959

Feb Profit - $959
Feb Rakeback - $174

Went to see Josh Butler last night at a smallish house night in Sheffield, he absolutely tore it up as expected. Definitely the real deal and has big things to come for sure.

Staying with the housey vibe I'm going with some Duke Dumont for today, another up and comer getting lots of airtime on Radio 1 with support from Annie Mac and Zane Lowe. His track 'Need You 100%' made number one on the UK singles chart and was nominated for Best Dance Record at the Grammys and his newest release coming in March, 'I Got U' is gunna be pretty big too I'm sure. Personally my favourites are some of the older ones that have a bit of a deeper, more rugged sound. 'The Giver' probably sticks out as my favourite Deep House tune although I've not really been into the genre for that long. Enjoy Smiley

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2014, 06:01:24 AM »

Days 34-36

VPPs - 3931
VPPs This Month - 6226
VPPs - 52,160

HUSNGs - $1260

Feb Profit - $2216
Feb Rakeback - $487

Been putting in more volume at 200s, mostly against regs and I've been running better in the bigger games, all looking good. I've been asked to make a video for HUSNG.com to celebrate their 5th birthday so that should be going up some time this month, will link it here if anyone wants to take a look. Its a $100 turbo review against a reg with some interesting spots so should be worth a watch. I was asked by Patrick if I wanted to make some videos for PokerStrategy a few months ago when I was at a reasonably low ebb about my game and poker in general so I've just kinda left it and haven't said anything which I think was pretty poor form but I'll definitely be getting some content up on there if the offer is still open so watch this space I guess.

Really psyched for the next Hospital Records gig in Leeds in a few weeks. Friction is headlining, he is the label boss for Shogun Audio and he hosts the drum n bass show on Radio 1. Generally an all round legend so decided to throw a few of his tracks up.

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2014, 12:00:17 PM »

Nice first month Dan and a nice amount of vpp's there. Playing mtt's I probably earn about 8 times less vpp's per hour making it impossible to be SNE and I still have to work hard to make SN.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2014, 05:27:44 AM »

Nice first month Dan and a nice amount of vpp's there. Playing mtt's I probably earn about 8 times less vpp's per hour making it impossible to be SNE and I still have to work hard to make SN.

tyty, yeah this if the first year where I've really been 100% settled on stars so I've never really been one for setting VPP goals before. I always used to go for volume targets in terms of number of games but often miss them mainly due to laziness. I never really used to play regs too much when I was grinding on ipoker because there were 4 lobbies for every stake so there wasn't really any need but I was getting max 40 games/day just bumhunting.

This year I've taken the advice of a lot of guys that play higher and just decided to study super hard and fight everyone for the lobbies and its showing good results so far. I'm getting in a ton more games/hour now that I'm sitting lots of regs and even though it ups my variance its good for my game in general and there is definitely money to be made being more aggro with your game selection. Gone are the days of sitting in a ton of lobbies waiting for action, there are just too many regs to be able to do that now, especially on stars where its one lobby per stake. I only wish I'd started doing this sooner! Feeling really good about generally upping my productivity and $/hr which at the end of the day is what its all about.

Congrats on the 8r bink btw, diary rungood on tap for the rest of the year Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: