blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Raziel2689 Heads Up 2014 Grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Raziel2689 Heads Up 2014 Grind  (Read 31104 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2014, 04:41:00 AM »

Decided to change it up a bit with the blog and stop posting daily results. It gets kinda dull and honestly there just isn't that much interesting stuff to write about playing 50-odd heads up SNGs.

The last couple of days have been reasonably fun though.

Yesterday:

Click to see full-size image.

Today:

Decent volume for the last two days of the month to put my VPP total for Feb to just under 26k which I'm pretty pleased with considering that between illness and hangover I had a week off. Results were pretty decent overall, going for a big volume month in March. Going for 40k VPPs which would be my biggest month VPPs-wise ever. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I missed it, even 30k would have me at 100k VPPs at the quarter mark which at the start of the year I'd definitely have been happy with.

Feb 2014:

Two of my best mates come back from travelling next week and theres a big reunion planned with old uni mates which will be awesome. Also just picked up tickets for Global Gathering and Creamfields festivals. Already psyched for festival season and its only March! Last year my birthday fell on the first day of Global and its the same this year so my 25th (christ!!) will likely be a  contender for best birthday ever! Hopefully the weather holds like it did last year, theres nothing quite like an awesome festival in the sunshine, definitely something that everyone needs to experience at least once.

Couple of just-released tracks that have been getting some love this week:

Royalston - Jungle Gone Down. Taken from the album OCD. Definitely one of the best produced albums I've heard in a little while.

The Prototypes - Lights. This is the B side to the Pale Blue Dot EP which has been really big so far this year. The Prototypes are one of the hottest commodities in DnB at the moment and just signed to a new label with their debut album coming in a few months. Lots more to come from them for sure.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2014, 05:04:36 AM »

Nice one on a good couple of days, the start of a great March!

Is it just HU sit and go's you play? Or do you play HU cash also?

I was playing quite a lot of HU turbos, and then moved over to mostly playing hypers.

Over a sample size of 150, which i know is really small my roi was 20%.

That was at the back end of last week and this week's been pretty terrible. Just ran terrible, getting it in ahead getting sucked out on and struggling to win a flip.

If you  ever experience that, do you just take a break for a while or play through it?

Good luck with the rest of the month.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2014, 05:53:50 PM »

Yep just SNGs, haven't really even experimented much with HU cash. I've heard plenty of bad things about the state of heads up cash games, just not something I really want/need to get involved in at the moment. At the start of the year I was playing a fair bit of 20bb CAP heads up cash but the rake is absolutely savage and there hasn't been a shortage of action at HUSNGs so just grinding those atm with no plans to change.

Yep 150 games isn't really a sample. You should have a look at the variance simulator on HUSNG.com, its under free > software and tools. I think you need to make an account to view it but its free. Playing micros I'd assume that 10-15% is achievable, maybe higher so looking at a winrate of about 58-60%. Very difficult to know your true winrate, but 1k games is a good starting point.

For ages I was a big advocate of just grinding through it, now though I tend to take a day or two off and just study a ton if things are going especially badly. Theres nothing better for reducing the overall impact of negative variance on your bottom line than getting better.

strak33

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2014, 11:21:11 AM »

If you haven't heard it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ot2l7SfGMQ

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2014, 05:49:25 PM »

tyty, heard it on Frictions show on Sunday but I hadn't seen the video. I'm not really a fan of the minimix format since it usually just ends up being a never ending string of drops. Having said that, I liked Chase & Status' mix that they put together for Annic Mac a few years ago

Loving some of the newer stuff on Soundcloud at the moment, especially a duo from Exeter called Submental. Crissy Criss has been playing a few of their tracks on his BBC 1Xtra show and its probably some of the best production work I've ever heard from an emerging artist.

https://soundcloud.com/submentaldnb

'My Side' has been in my head since its first play a couple of weeks ago. Their souldcloud only has a short clip but theres a longer version in the last 2 minutes of the Technique Records podcast #25 which was a mix put together by Criss Criss. I'd definitely put the Technique podcast in my top 3. Its no nonsense, a short intro and straight into an hour long mix unlike others where its just 40 minutes of talking and not a lot of music. I love their live events but the Hospital Records podcast is pretty unbearable. They spend half the time reading fan mail which is all very nice but do we really all need to hear about how the music got them through the upset from their hamsters colonoscopy?

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »

if you into chase and status mate of a mate interviewed them not long ago

http://www.soundcloud.com/uncledugs/dugschaseandstatus
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2014, 08:24:55 PM »

Lighter !

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2014, 03:49:45 AM »

March has kicked off pretty swingy, been playing 200s again this time with much improved results. Volume has been pretty lame though, 32 hours so far this month. Just under 9k VPPs and I'm probably gunna miss my 40k VPP target by a fair distance but my days off so far this month have been for impromptu nights out/hangovers rather than laziness so thats something.

Also had a little trip to DTD this morning. Played the online day 1 of the £500 and made day 2 with 20 bigs. Unfortunately thats about how many minutes I lasted but that was ample time for live poker to give me a smile. I open   UTG+1 and get two MP callers, I cbet and get one caller. I jam for ~pot on a turn and villain hits the tank, announcing that it 'could be a chop'. I guess he eventually convinced himself that it was definitely a chop so he called with the . Alas, villains soul read was wide of the mark and the river is a not a chop out so back to Sheffield we go.

Friday night was supposed to be a relatively subdued affair for a mates birthday but at half 12 we were all too tanked up to go home. Flicked through the events for some of the local venues and it turned out that Infinity Ink were playing in Sheffield. Infinity Ink are another group associated with Jamie Jones and Lee Foss of Hot Creations Records. I put some of their stuff up a few posts back. Really wanted to see them at Global last year but ended up clashing with lots of other so good to have another one ticked off the list.

In a bit of a different direction I had 'Profit In Peace' pop into my head earlier. I've no idea why but theres nothing wrong with a bit of Ocean Colour Scene. Not something I've listened to in quite a while but thought I'd put it up anyway along with my favourite OCS song.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:51:22 AM by DMorgan » Logged

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2014, 05:43:43 PM »

OCS itt!! and i thought your taste in music was terrible with all that dancy stuff!
spent so many hours listening to the scene and have probably seen them live 6-7 times.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2014, 12:51:21 AM »

OCS itt!! and i thought your taste in music was terrible with all that dancy stuff!
spent so many hours listening to the scene and have probably seen them live 6-7 times.

Hehe plenty of love for OCS, I had my indie/rock phase when I was 16/17, firmly of the belief that anything that didn't use 'traditional' instruments wasn't real music and was terrible. How times change! I even had terrible hair to boot.

Actually when it comes to music almost all of my favourite songs are from the indie/rock genre rather than anything electronic. Come to think of it I've only just realised that a lot of them are pretty downbeat and angsty but they're not associated with anything upsetting, I've haven't really had anything hugely upsetting happen in my life to this point, I just like them.

Athlete - Street Map

Embrace - Gravity

Paul Weller - English Rose
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:53:22 AM by DMorgan » Logged

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2014, 01:41:22 AM »

that there looks like a new stars avatar.........
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2014, 02:44:48 AM »

that there looks like a new stars avatar.........

lol im in
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2014, 02:45:55 AM »

Going for 40k VPPs which would be my biggest month VPPs-wise ever. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I missed it, even 30k would have me at 100k VPPs at the quarter mark which at the start of the year I'd definitely have been happy with.

Turns out that 40k really was a bridge too far. I didn't play a ton in March, only 90 hours played so plenty of room for improvement there but I didn't make it to 100k VPPs for the year so its not all doom and gloom on the volume front. I'm where I wanted to VPPs-wise and my average buyin is only going to increase throughout the year so should be racking up the VPPs plenty fast.

Results wise March went really well, the biggest breakthrough coming in the last couple of weeks where I've been solidifying my place as a 200s reg. Not completely there yet but the couple of guys that are playing hardball don't really play a whole lot so it isn't really much of an issue and I've been able to dig myself out of the big 200s hole that I created in Jan/Feb. Really happy to have turned it around at 200s and I'm picking up a ton of stuff from the regs that play 200s-500s when they want to play some too which is looking promising.

Graph for March:

Obviously ran pretty hot but an EV ROI of 5.6% is doing alright.

Off to see Fred V & Grafix for their debut album launch at Tuesday Club tomorrow so thought I'd post a couple of tracks from one of the biggest producers to have a breakout 2013.

Fred V & Grafix - Just A Thought

Fred V & Grafix - Major Happy

A few others I've been listening to since the last update:

Some old:

Dub Phizix - Marka

Massive Attack - Teardrop (Contra Remix)

Desmond Dekker - The Israelites (Freear Remix)

Some new:

Fourward - Countdown

Frankee - Away

NC-17 & Soulculture - War Master

N3gus & Jakes - Walk The Walk - not usually my kind of thing but its been in my head since I first heard it so no escape just yet =/

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2014, 04:11:10 AM »

BOOM, good month brah.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2014, 11:54:32 PM »

player search stato_1 for those of you that want to see the new avatar in action Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: