blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:50:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Ragz 2014
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ragz 2014  (Read 66664 times)
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 04:53:54 PM »

Why does clicking on the image do nothing whatsoever?
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 03:10:12 PM »

So yesterday was same old, ran like death but no day savers came around, well a 3rd in a $15 180 took some of the edge off but an overall $600 loss  Cry Half way through the month and we're flat broke, well break even.

Feeling very odd today. Last night I used the juicer for the second time, using kale, avocado, apple, beetroot and celery. Not long after necking a full glass of that I felt short of breath and fatigued. Thought perhaps it's due to fairly poor sleep I've been getting lately which has caught up. So went to sleep and had 7hrs, but woke feeling exactly the same! Kinda short of breath and like I just wanna go back to sleep again. Today I've started out with a melon, coconut, strawberry, raspberry, pear, bunch of nuts/seeds smoothie but am currently still feeling pretty lethargic. Weird.
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 04:19:02 AM »

Lethargy soon wore off after smoothie.

Made a bit of progress poker wise today, in that I prob played the most games/hour than I've done in years LOL. Spent last few days really focusing on adding more tables, figuring out potential hourlys in different formats and whatnot. Couldn't get much better than 13 games/hr in 180's past few days so today decided I'd add 18's alongside them to get the number of tables up to max much faster...and it made a massive difference. Averaged 16 games/hr over 5.5hrs. Lost $250 in a 180m sesh which once again saw me FT one $15 for a potential saver then went out in 4th when I really shouldn't have done due to a bvb rig up. Just need to focus more on KEEPING that no. of tables close to peak instead of forgetting to keep regging once the going gets pacey and I might get upto 17-18/hr.  Made $500 however in 18's, so role reversal (one miraculous day when Moses parts an ocean or two I'll win in all formats for a day), and it all came from $60's, winning 3 out of 7 played. +$250.

HAND OF THE DAY

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/6945366_878DE607FE I nearly always jam river here so felt ultra cool that spidey senses were tip top for once.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:30:00 AM by Ragz » Logged
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 10:01:06 PM »

Back grinding today, didn't do much yesterday as an unexpected date came up  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

So anyways I made a big change yesterday, changed my avatar!! Had the Bruce Lee one for years now and I'd try something different, and who else but my favourite Jew Larry David. Insta sent an email to support asking for it to be verified asap and within ten minutes received this reply:

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for writing.

I reviewed your image, I have to say, it's pretty good. Pret-ty, pret-ty pret-ty good.

Approved now. Hope it brings you good luck!

Regards,

Leonard
PokerStars Support Team

PIC
http://i.imgur.com/rycRh2H.jpg

Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 02:17:53 AM »

Today's been a bit of a blur grind wise, but somehow knocked out 66 games in 4.2hrs. A small sesh of 180's was extremely frustrating again but still got a win in one, albeit an $8. Then got 4th in another $8 which should have easily seen at least 2nd place but two big pots went the way of the 30% equity guy, sigh. Of all the $15's however I didn't get better than 80th LOL. $60's were on today yet I don't recall a single one going off so for some reason traffic is right down at the moment. Obviously that should rocket during TCOOP week.

On a brighter note a horse I took on in December is doing well in the $7 18's, with figures thus: $7 18 Players 28/12/2013-21/01/2029    817   $1.21   $6.45   17.3%   17.3%   $992   70  

Added another one to the mini stable Monday gone so let's see what I can make of these fishies  

hilarious hand http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7035724_63712C4594

a 5% dog pre flop hand http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7043848_72318DB306

a wtf? hand http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7036775_481FE8D670
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:24:52 AM by Ragz » Logged
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »

Not long fired up a session which I am having to quit through unimaginable trauma. Semi FT of a $35 180 I have my skype chat rival soulysoul (german) at my table. Due to our previous history I was able to induce him nicely here http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7054749_B3E474E1C0

But typically he comes back from half a BB about 30 times and we meet at the FT, and are looking in great shape to perhaps meet with 3 to 4 left or even HU. Til this happens!! http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7054505_E585C84C7F

2nd in chips I'm 2 to 1 over everyone else nevermind CL being 2 to 1 over me!! This makes the ICM pretty massive here and as he was a fish I didn't know from Adam I even contemplated the fold. Instead took the gamble that he was in fact trying to pwn retardedly and indeed he was. 5 on the turn is more pain than an Uzi in the brains I'm fairly certain.
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 01:11:20 AM »

Well, been a while since a post. Things pretty much carried on as normal, then recently I decided to mess around in TCOOP hyper sats. Mixed results- then run bad carried on so I switched over to ordinary hypers for a last minute not-run-so-bad. What's really frustrating is deviding my results into two halves over the month.

Everything <$30

http://gyazo.com/6678537835b1331f8af7f6e8cd83786f.png

Everything >$30

http://gyazo.com/11c84eb1eb46886413a163bd53a9a9a6.png
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2014, 05:31:16 PM »

Nice hand for the chip lead in this TCOOP just before bubble this was. Ended up 300th odd for a few quid. http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7219069_76F8ABAE65
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 04:58:12 PM »

Haven't posted in a while and it's because it's just non stop misery and I really don't wanna keep just posting about that.

So far for February am a cracking 2 grand down at 70% below EV.

Click to see full-size image.
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2016, 04:23:33 PM »

Well this didn't really get too far did it lol. I'm going to try and start it again though and try to post daily reports.

Quick rundown from since the last post (only 2 years then), about the time of last post I got a new gf, still with her now miraculously, but she's quite a nightmare and I do indeed blame this relationship for not grinding anywhere near enough for 2014 and indeed most of 2015. Not only that but the short number of games I did rack up I always felt I was running bad. '14 was ok for 180 mans iirc without trawling all through sharkscope, but since around October of that year has seen a massive dive in them. It's not a giant sample around 2k games or so which an exclusive 180 grinder will play in a month but still, it's knocked my lifetime ROI in them right down to what I consider to be unacceptable, despite that ROI probably still being well above average.

So anyways with most of my roll gone on living and faffing around with a volatile woman (lol), I've gotten pretty damn close to completely busto, with only a 2000 Audi S 3 and a 2010 Aprilia RSV4 for assets. I tried seelling the bike worth £8k last year but got nothing but pathetic offers due to it being a bit tatty in places showing signs of being round the track. This year I'm replacing a bunch of bits to try and hide any signs it was on the track (for all of 1k miles) and will take £6k for it (still the cheapest RSV4 for sale in the world at present by some margin) in order to pay my housemate/landlord nearly £3k in rent arrears. He's been good to me reagarding this, a lifelong friend. just hope when I'm paid up he doesn't boot me out  Shocked

So I started grinding seriously again around August last year but had to drop to like $4 abi, mostly $3-$7 18-45 mans, some 180's and MTT's mixed in here n there. Although winning generally better than most in those games, it just wasn't building a roll anywhere near fast enough so I sought out a stake. Applied to a few and some said no for various reasons, but thankfully found one who would allow me to play decent stakes again. Since the stake I'm looking like this

Ths is all SNG's >$10 excluding sats (losing a bit in those). Sadly $1k down in scheduleds, just can't catch a break in anything for a long time. I did get 3rd in the hot $11 back in November, that was gutting because I was CL 3 handed DESPERATELY needed the extra change, I would've been very happy with 2nd. As it was 3rd place was $3k or something so it couldn't cover too much of the rent owed. meh.

Qualified through a 4max shootout 36 man WTA shyper satellite for the 10th l'anniversaire Million on Suynday and cashed it too. Another gutting time really, as MTT's generally are.  5 hours to get in the money starting at 8200th spot. From that point until 3600th saw a rise of just $80 thru the payjumps. Was completely card frozen the entire game, literally don't even know htf I got as far as the top 3.8% of the 55,000 field. Had a lucky table I think, was really nitty with next to no post flop shenanigans whatsoever, all ABC from everyone and stayed at same table whole game making around 250 hands. All my desperation shoves near bubble and so on all got through uncalled, one was called just after bubble burst and I doubled A6s > AQo. But eventually 6bbs and 88 got coolered by JJ. Can't complain really, $500 or so.

Still haven't played any live, was meant to goto Southend for the Genting Poker Series leg there last weekend but never made it due to...yep, the gf!! lol. I wasn't going to play the £440 obv, spesh as their online client recently closed and sattying in wasn't possible online, but they did have a £150 side game on the Saturday I'd thought about. Instead settled on the thought that plenty of bustees might wanna tilt off on the cash tables so I considered jst short stacking £40 in the £1-£2 or somerthing (if buy-in that low is allowed), but as I said, didn't make it. What a joke! It must be incredibly soft there as the same players seem to be FTing nearly every year, well I know it's cray soft from my brief past experiences there, having my AKo rejams for 50bbs called off multi-way by 85s and QTo and so on  Cheesy That's all well and good to have players like that around but you still need to stay lucky to progress. And I only realised recently there's actually a Grosvenor in Southend too with similar tourney schedules and cash tables. I'm guessing attendances are pretty poor though.

So my backing deal is I have to play a minimum of 2500 games a month (30 day period which rolls from around the 5th of the month) to get 60/40, otherwise it's 50/50. First month I had to rip a load of 6m hypers off to hit the target and will have to do so again this month due to spending first 10 days or so moving the gf house, having no internet and so on. Did ok in them thank flip, money badly needed.

So anyways am going to try to blog more, yesterday was horrifc, after a $700 profitable Sunday I dropped $1k in a ton of SnG bricks. Have like 14 days to get in 2k games, so 140ish a day. This could be managed in turbos alone if playing 8hrs every single day til then. But I know I'll need hypers to get there for sure, especially as internet where I live is playing up aswell as gf having notihng but a horrifically in and out 3G signal despite being bang in middle of a town!

GL ME

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2016, 04:40:34 PM »

wow thats quite a comeback post after 26 months!

well done and thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2016, 07:46:28 PM »

lol thanks.

Just finished a sesh which was one of the most frustrating in some time. Moaning alot lately that I just cannot get deep in squadoosh 180's and if I do I'm lucky to get an 8th, I just ran deep in a whole bunch all at once. Three $8 FT's from 5 played for a smashing 9th, 6th, 6th. Two of those were legit, had crept to the FT with a few bbs and lost bvb. But one of them was this gem of an extremely common occurance http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/18418041_6E85C3756F

90% OTT

Then there was a $15 180 FT, gotten to sooooo many FT's of these in the past say 1000 games but gotten so many pathetic finishes. I'm used to finishing top 3 nearly all of the time when starting with at least average stack in these FT's. I started this FT as CL with 120k and ended up 3rd, thanks to yet another 90% river loss...

...yes it came a 5. Then lost to same guy bvb, fortunately someon else had busted first.

Well that 3 hours got back the grand I lost yesterday anyhoo. Dinner then start again.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:53:50 PM by Ragz » Logged
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 04:36:37 PM »

shit's going off big time with Stars atm http://finance.yahoo.com/news/amaya-inc-investigated-potential-securities-150200321.html

and with tourney lobbies all frozen aswell...coincidence?
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 07:34:30 PM »

Well that all finally got sorted. Rake has increased today in the $3r 180's, making the rebuys themselves plus the add-on now raked. UGh! However they also raised rake in the $2 and $8 non rebuy versions, only it's been put back again to previous rake just as quickly. Maybe it's because it wasn't announced in any of the emails, I'm sure it'll rise again before long.

So since that day I've run pretty well (miraculously) in $15 6m hypers. Right up until today that is, where I've been brought smashing down to earth with a 40 buy-in downswing in about 2 hours. Lovely.

Suppose I knew 12% ROI wasn't sustainable in STT's lol, so it's even worse when you KNOW the DS is coming any second, and you're proved right. Very VERY different to you being due an upswing for 10years, but still never get there lol.

Half of those games are all today, probably gonna turbo some later. Gotta get in 1300 games in roughly the next week or so, hence the hyper-dash!
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 12:46:56 AM »

Ended up sticking with hypers, most games in a day ever. Bulldung results.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: