blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:24:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Chipleader comp 2014?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chipleader comp 2014?  (Read 3345 times)
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:01:06 AM »

I know there is alot going on at Dtd and actually finding space in the Calender this year might be difficult but I'd love to see 'chipleader' return. One of the first I would consider 'big' comp I played, met some great people from online and Dtd and banter was great.
I know it wasn't everyone's cup if tea but it offer something truly different to your standard comp.
making chip cap bigger this time I think to allow players to build prizepool and also it would be another way of getting players on the site too.
It wouldn't have to have huge gtd but would like to see something like this done, I enjoyed flicking in my £50 per week trying to build up a stack.

What's everyone thoughts on it?
As I said I'm aware with sky poker grand pril April and ukipt coming up so would be much later in the year

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
Killer River

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 08:04:18 PM »

This is my favorite comp i have played so far, really good atmosphere and generally had a good laugh. I like the way you have to build your stack online then bring it to the club. I think there was one planned for late last year but it didn't go ahead  Sad . Hopefully they will fit another one in at some point this year. Maybe they could implement a medal system in the online games, eg gold, silver and bronze for 1st 2nd and 3rd. You could also have these games with their own gtd of chips. You play for a pot of 50k chips and distribute them according to the medal you receive. so for Gold 60% (30k chips) Silver 25% (12.5k chips) and bronze 15% (7.5k chips). just an idea to maybe get more players interested playing online. You could even maybe do a race to 5 gold medals for a bonus of some kind.

but the fact you chose "disney songs on youtube" over HEM and then lost 12 bis when you know you should lose 4 maximum just shows a massive sign of disrespect
DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 08:29:21 PM »

I really love the Chipleader and its talked about every month or so in the office, i try to get it through but it only attracts as you know a select clientele.

If we get enough interest on this thread i will do my best to convince Rob & Simon we should try it again.

Its up to you.

Cheers Nick

YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 12:51:43 AM »

Killer river yes I think bonuses would be good to encourage people to play.

your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 12:53:21 AM »

I really love the Chipleader and its talked about every month or so in the office, i try to get it through but it only attracts as you know a select clientele.

If we get enough interest on this thread i will do my best to convince Rob & Simon we should try it again.

Its up to you.

Cheers Nick

Thks nick ill try tell everyone I know as quite a few don't post on blonde but would enjoy it Smiley
Hopefully see some more blondes posting for its return!

your smiling Smiley
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »

bring back the Chip Leader comp!!! LOVE IT!
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 10:17:16 AM »

I've not played one of these, what's the concept please?

I've never got it.....ever
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:11 AM »

no surprise there Mr 'loads of time to play online poker'

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »

no surprise there Mr 'loads of time to play online poker'

i know does this guy really work!?lol

your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »

I've not played one of these, what's the concept please?

heres my trying to explain and prob failing but here goes

-you play online sng or small tourneys online, example £5 freezeout. it pays top 3 spots with chips stacks i.e first place takes 10k,2nd 7.5k, 3rd 5k. you do not win any money in these but you take chips through to play in the live final game at the club on a chosen date, these sats run for 2months prior to the final at the club. so for example i win 4 of these and come 2nd in 2 of these. i take through a playing stack of 55k. deepstack structure with a good clock. think when i played it back in 2011/12 the min cash is around £1000 and first place took about 25k.
so if you choose you could spend £20 get in with a minnow stack and try spin it up. or hence the title of the game, throw loads at it and take 400k stack through.

think it would be good fun to bring this back even if the gtd isnt that big

your smiling Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 02:10:33 PM »

and some massive stacks went through but iirc the winner took through only 30k?

Was a really novel innovative idea. Schedule is ever more crowded but I liked it as a concept

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »

Think its a brilliant idea.
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »

Never got a chance to play one of these however looked a really unique comp and something that was good for poker.  Hope it returns.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »

I echo what people said about the comp and when it finished last time I did say on the live stream that I would love to see it back. Think it would potentially work well whilst big sats are on for other events, so whilst the sats are playing out for such events like GPS, UKIPT & Deepstacks, players could be entering the £5 S'n'G Chipleader tournaments. It offers a totally different unique event to the circuit, that only really DTD have ever tried & even though last time it did make an overlay, think it is a decent event offering something different.

Hope to see it back, personally.
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 09:33:19 AM »

exactly tighty, both times the guys who won it only took through a modest stack of like 30k or something.

think it would work nicely along side other sats like aaron said, could even run the sats to chip up over a longer period insted of 30days do 90 days so gives everyone a chance to build a stack. think capping the stacks is ok but not 300k, maybe allow it to 600k so the big boys can spend there money Wink
hope it does return as have a feeling it'll do well, plus creates banter and competitiveness unlike any other.

your smiling Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: